Dollar tree steak. you ever tried it? would you? do you buy any food from the dt?

dollar tree steak. you ever tried it? would you? do you buy any food from the dt?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.cookshack.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141020264/m/5272994537
youtu.be/0Rqs5siPalo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

theres a youtube video. some guy tries it and says he gets sick after eating it lol

This looks nasty as fuck.
Just go to the butcher and get yourself some real steak.

Hahahahahahahaha oh my god

forum.cookshack.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141020264/m/5272994537

Just have more money, it's so simple!

Just amazing

they take extremely low-quality meat scraps and inject water into them.

>do you buy any food from the dt?
Frozen fried clams are goat

Because buying steak is soooo unmanageable. Even if you're that much of a poorfag just get EBT.

I tried it once. It's a great breakfast steak. A couple fried eggs, beans, and a warm tortilla. Fucking yum.

Its not even cheaper per pound I imagine. Cheap steak is not that bad when you cook it right. However there are still better food choices that are still cheap and taste decent. Mankind can live on more than steak. Seriously that "steak" is paper thin, how many would you need to buy for it to equal the same amount as a cheap steak from the butcher?

So like a breakfast burrito?

what's the ideal way to cook steaks that are so thin?

Jesus

Sous vide blue rare

Wh-why are they that color?

I wasn't trying to imply that, no. But you're more than welcome to eat it that way if you'd like.

Blazing hot heat. Probably 20 seconds a side would do it.

It's for the keedz ain't no one gonna match that price sheeit

You just eat a tortilla? Like a side of toast?

Have you never done that?

It's a utensil replacement, like pita in many countries and cultures. It's kind of odd to eat alone

the pizzas there arent half bad, but i would never eat the steak fuck that

Poor cuts from old cows injected with fuckhuge amounts of saline, causing a certain amount of curing.

Enhanced with 30% water!

it helps an upset stomach / acid reflux

Gross!

Have you never eaten pita by itself either?

You knew it was just looking at it. But I guess if you're buying steak at the dollar store, you're pretty close to rock bottom already so you're unlikely to notice or care.

No, but I don't buy them often either. They're made to be stuffed. They probably taste fine plain, but why bother.

what are you, made of money?

I like rare steaks but eating a $1 steak anything less than well done is even more retarded than eating a $1 steak.

>dollar tree steak
I'm already laughing

I buy all my candy from dollar tree, they have everything a poor college kid needs to survive.

also the 6-pack of chocolate ice cream bars are the shit

I can get a decent sized sirloin cut from my local butcher for like $4.
It's not much more expensive.

Maybe it would be good for a slow cooked stew. DT has some ok things though, they are even selling beer and cigs here (KY).

It's incredible that people actually buy this trash.

Do you live somewhere where everyone just uses local butchers?
Around here that's definitely more of a luxury service relative to getting the meat from a grocery store

lol at people in this thread saying that this food is trash bla bla.

while it may not taste as good as a Trump Steak, our digestive system doesn't differentiate them. It's as healthy and not only that but people have been eating way worse food than this one for centuries.

Not as depressing as the one with the mom cooking it up for bubby and hubby with immense pride. She thought it was the best steak in the world.

No, the point is, that "3.5 oz" of water, meat and gristle per $1 is a rip off in the first place. In OZ land, that's 100 grams, or $10/kg. If you are poor, you'd get more bang for your buck if you buy a casserole steak for $10/kg, and you can at least pretend it's good steak.

What the fuck is bromelain?

it's an enzyme found in pineapple, it's a great meat tenderizer.

Papin and ficin are more effective, but harder to get in bulk.

You mean this one?

youtu.be/0Rqs5siPalo

how? how do you know this?

i'd rather eat rice and beans for a few weeks, squirrel away some cash, and get some $55/lb prime rib eye when i can afford it

>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking

No you cant. Stop making shit up

Chemist, actually

t. Poorfag with shitty culinary habits

>as good as a Trump Steak
>Trump Steak
>good
>our digestive system doesn't differentiate them
Keep telling yourself that, while your colon is rotting out.

#wifeymaterial

I don't think I've even seen a dollar tree (I assume that's a store?)

Where is this?

It's a chain store from the United States, everything is $1 plus state tax. Some stuff is good and some is crap. I shop there a lot.

>ribeye
cause you want to rip out your eye

I bought this pancake mix at dollar tree today and I'm making some right now. It's the just add water kind so I'm not expecting it to be great, but I'm hungry and it was only $1.

Well I've lived in the United States for most of my life and I've never seen it

What city?

They're a national chain, all over from west to east coast.

This was in Florida

They're all over. We also have a store called the 99 cent store which operates under similar principles. Some of the stuff is even cheaper than that too. They even have produce

Hmm, I've lived in California, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey, and New York, and I've never seen one
That explains it, I try and avoid the slave states as much as possible

Pancakes were good, not great. Would eat again. At least the mix was in a baggie and not loose in the box. I've bought those ones before.

Dollar Tree has a lot of decent or good food in my experience. Some of it is more expensive per ounce than a regular grocery store even though it's only a dollar for the package, some is cheaper. Just pay attention to that.

Dollar stores are pretty neat desu

That's literally impossible. There are many Dollar Trees in California I can tell you that.

I buy them for my dog so that he can have a treat when I'm grilling. Pic related is my dog and some grilled lamb we shared

nice pupper

I had a look of disgust the moment I saw what the steak actually looked like raw. Holy fuck.

I almost got pissed when she said she as microwave defrosting a fucking steak.

Then I realized it's a "steak".

Protip: when someone says they lived in California it tends to imply a certain locality, not that they simultaneously inhabited the entire land mass in violation of the laws of physics.

So in my case I lived in a city in California, and I didn't see any stores called Dollar Tree.

>tenderized with bromelain
>"""enhanced""" with up to thirty percent """solution"""
trash/10 would not touch with a ten foot pole

I've bought it and let it sit out at room temperature until it started rotting and set my catfish lines using it for bait. I've caught some nice ones with it.

No but I got some dollar store bacon before for some reason

It was actually pretty good but it was cut so fucking thin that it practically turned to bacon bits in the pan.

>Not knowing what bromelin is
So you failed high school biology?

>usda beef
>ever

Oh man where do I start?
>1$ for a steak
>Brown in color
>can cut with SCISSORS
>does cut with scissors (wtf?)
>trusts young kids' sense of taste
This woman deserves to be locked away for child abuse.

Before I hit post she also said "suckulent" like are you fucking kidding me

... Can you give me some advice on steaks? Trying to learn how to cook and what I should look out for and stuff. I would really appreciate it.

Nah, I'd just buy chuck eye steak at that rate.

Depends on the cut of steak you want, but you definitely want it to be red in color, you'll want to be able to see white strips and streaks of fat. If you're starting with steak, either season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, or buy a seasoning mixture. Pre-heat grill or pan before cooking it, and cook evenly on both sides. Look up how to prepare it to your satisfaction (rare-medium well, don't make one well done).

Comments are disabled for this video.

>commenting on youtube videos

>he doesn't think the best part of youtube videos is the comments

deep fryer

Even if you're not commenting, seeing either the likes bar or the comments section disabled says a lot about the video and the mentality of the people that posted it.

Knowing science is fun.
For example, I was looking at my Sunny D the other way. I saw sodium hexametaphosphate and I realized "oh shit, I actually know what that is."
(It's a sequestrant, i.e. keeps things from separating.)

>choosing to take the worst science

Looks good. The best I could find in dollar tree canada were bowls of stagg chili. I bought a couple but when I went back for more someone bought them all up and they never restocked them...

>prefers cancer to shaking things on occasion

>drinking Sunny D
What were you in jail for?

i cant imagine that it's going to be the king of steaks, but at a dollar for 3.5oz then you're paying about 4.50 a pound, which is reasonable for a low-cost peice of steak. i expect it'd be fine as long as you trust them to keep it stored properly, and you dont mind it being a tiny spoonful of meat.

>which is reasonable for a low-cost peice of steak
Except it isn't a piece of steak. It's two thirds meat scraps with the last part water.
Buy a cut of proper meat that you can afford instead of faux """steak""".

>New York

In NYC they've been popping up taking over from Family Dollar

this

muh negative comments
muh feelings

I would not eat it. I get whipped cream, peanuts, and saffron rice from dollar tree

what is the cheapest cut of beef you can get?

im dirt poor college student and i need more meat

tongue is pretty cheap and can be prepared anyway you'd do a brisket

Almost 200 in Illinois

Tongue is cheap and delicious. You just have to remove the cartilage and tough outer layer. Makes hellacious tacos. I also like to cure and smoke them and use the meat for sandwiches.

Eh too much fat though. Something you might eat once a month unless you do alot of physical work.

Would not eat, probably one grade above dog food. It's edible, that's about it.

>Kroeger on sale
>Butcher
One of these things is not like the other.