Bought this for the first time today

Bought this for the first time today.

Why does it taste like grass?

Bump I always thought they would taste extraordinary good

Growing methods, I think or maybe the farther the fruit can be shipped the less tasty it will be.

I remember the ones I had in thailand tasting vastly different than ones I had which were imported, but regardless it isn't something which is spectacular.

Their taste is mild for such a spendy fruit, but I still enjoy them. Like a bigger kiwi

>Like a bigger kiwi
But kiwis have taste tho

I ate these daily in China. One of the best things I ever tasted. Here I don't bother. They need to be ripe when picked and eaten fresh.

The taste is nothing like a kiwi, don't be retarded.

Good ones are sweet.

The consistency of the flesh is similar to a kiwi but it's way less sweet. Almost along the lines of a papaya

I was one of those today at Wegmans. They wanted seven damn dollars a pound for those fuckers.

it doesn't, you didn't buy one and thought you would post an edgy thread. dragon fruit is fucking fantastic white or plum.

My grandpa has a dragon fruit plant (thanks to his asian neighbors that probably imported it) and I always thought they tasted more like jicama (pear, apple with a hint of kiwi just in case no one knows what jicama is.)

They taste like very mild honeydew.

these taste like star shaped grapes

a shape does not have a taste and this fruit has nothing to do w/ this thread. this board is more retarded than oldschool in Veeky Forums

jeeze stop being so angry, dick

Due to the shape governing WHICH part of the food is going to touch WHICH section of the tongue, certain tastebuds being in sertain sections, You are wrong. Shape DOES have flavor and maybe you should think this stuff over before whining over nothing like a booger-eating little baby.

people like you are shitting it up with your pretentious attitude

carambolas dont taste like grapes, gringo asqueroso

>crazy looking fruit
>flesh the texture of kiwi
>tastes bland as fuck
why is it so expensive if it's not going to be good?

get the red ones

Then why do chicken shapes taste like chicken

Because tourists will buy it at any price they are sold at without knowing anything about it.

Because you dont eat the skin :p
The flesh should taste pretty sweet if you get good ones, otherwise it can taste like a bland kiwi.

Just tastes like a bland kiwi pudding... There are better tasting dragon fruit that taste like creamy pomegranate and vanilla and bananas

It's a very mild flavor but i really like the texture of it along with the crunchy seeds.

You get a bonus too finding a few seeds stuck between your teeth hours later and you get to chew on those as well