Lads, settle a /tv/ argument. would garlic liquefy in the pan if it was sliced thin enough?

lads, settle a /tv/ argument. would garlic liquefy in the pan if it was sliced thin enough?

Why don't you come over here and see?

*unzips pants*

Give me 14 hours to test at home, will post results.

lads, settle a /tv/ argument. how big should my wifes boyfriends threesome partners strap on be?

yes, it would for the most part.

Now settle a /tv/ argument.

Raiders of the Lost Arc would have the same ending/outcome had Indiana not been there.

Probably yes - by the way /tv/ your memes are shit

>big guy (4 u lol)
>it's a "durr hurr" episode

Cut the shit

that's not true. they wouldnt even have found it in the first place. the nazis were digging in the wrong spot.

No. This has been tested a bunch of times before. The garlic would just curl up and blacken, turning extremely bitter and burnt. There's no such thing as it "liquefying."

shut up you pasta slurping faggot

You don't think the Nazis would have expanded their search to the entire ruins or just leveled the whole place?

anchovis do that

Most things do that.

I meant that anchovis liquify in the pan.

nah, by the time they would have gotten there, the war would have been over.

if he haven't had let it burn, it might would have melted later, in the sauce, after adding the tomatos.

Yeah, they'd have probably got torn up since they were so thin by the stirring and such. But Garlic doesn't just melt from a solid to a liquid in hot oil, no matter how thin you cut it.

but anchovis do.

What movie is this?

Willi Wucher and the garlic company.

Shinebox

That's not a /tv/ argument, that's a Big Bang Theory argument. kys

Slicing garlic is for people who don't know how to cook. Such as Jersey "eye talians" who still believe tomatoes are a status symbol, over a century after mass cultivation of the tomato first took the cooking world by storm.

What do you do? Crush it?

Why would you just cut it thin with a 1000° knife to liquify it instantly?

The godfather part 3

Correct. Always smash it thoroughly first (side of a knife or a meat mallet if you're afraid of whacking a knife with your hand), the cutting edge of the knife is used to chop up the smashed mess, but smash first.

A garlic press is fine too, right?

Kind of a pain in the ass, and you waste a fair amount that way, but sure, if you don't mind cleaning those pieces of shit.

Okay, thanks.

>he doesn't grate his garlic

same effect, better consistency

>same effort

I can go through five cloves of garlic with a chef's knife in the time that it takes me to grate one with my microplane. Unless your idea of "grating" is tossing it in the cuisinart, you're wrong.

Yes, the result is different. No, it is not same effort.

oh sorry I totally misread your post. Nah I'd say the *effect* is a little different. But a lot closer to the smash and mince method than just chopping up the virgin clove like a tool.

This is autism. Italians just saute whole cloves.

>cooking with a razor
Wouldn't he get some of that grease that razors have inside his food?

>cooking with your hand
wouldnt you get some of that dry semen that your hands have inside of the food?

Fuck you i don't even LIKE pasta

I would rather see pictures of go za and McChickens and carbonara until I die if it meant nobody said "it's an 'user hates fun' episode" - an episode of WHAT THIS IS NOT A SERIAL

the board is a serial
each thread is an episode

/a/ here
Is it really important to remove garlic sprouts like that?

So what happened to the peppers?

A Bronx Tale

no. it's not even a thing to slice garlic. that's retarded.

the amount of bitter and strong garlic flavor depends on how you process it and cook it. whole cooked cloves are actually sweet, sliced is less sweet with a mild garlic flavor, crushed less even so, and pressed gives you the strongest, most acrid garlic taste possible.

crushed is the best way

Nope. Also, I can cut garlic thinner than that in a millionth the time using a ten inch knife. If you want garlic to "liquify", just fucking mince it like wops have been doing for a centuries.

It's a fucking plant organism with cellulose in it. No, cellulose isn't liposoluble. Or water-soluble, generally it's just pass right through your omnivore butt not giving a flying fuck.

Goodfellas

Hey, do any of you guys know how to do that shit where you slice garlic really thin with a sharp flat blade, and then you kind of drag the knife edge against the chopped garlic and cutting board until it makes a paste? Any tips on doing it?

they fall out of the slices during frying anyway
also i would not fry the parsley

add salt

thank you

you can make it pretty paste-y with a pestle and mortar

and you get to bash stuff, which is always a plus

But I'm not done grinding dry corn, beans, and rice into my authentic volcanic rock molcajete

Haha, you're a funny guy!

ok. Just japanese playing with their food as always

are you being sarcastic with me?

I just asked you something user!

Star Wars 3: A Darude Sandstorm

It would disintigrate the same way onion does when it's cut into dust.

this

Garlic can be cooked to the point that it's soft (and flavorless) enough to be unrecognizable, but getting it hot enough to literally turn the cellulose into a liquid would burn the garlic and render it inedible.

But "liquid garlic" as a culinary seasoning is definitely possible, you just need to press cloves of garlic to extract their oil, or create a garlic infusion by gently simmering cloves of garlic in oil (not safe for long term storage btw, but it only takes a couple of minutes to produce on demand).

it won't

it's still a good system but a lot of fuckin around for nothing

I always thought it had to do with the way you cut it releasing diffrent compounds because of cell walls or something but now you put it that way the diffrent sizes of diffrent techniques causing it to cook differently makes more sense.

Nice Lads

Pro in that recipe reporting in. Not necessary but you lower the risk of oil exploding around, i think the center holds water that makes mess. And lower risk of making it bitter. Also after you add parsley immediatly add water from pasta, like a glass or so, then put there spaghetti to end the cooking, so keep them 2-3 mins undercooked

Which was stolen from a cracked article

for you

hahahahahahahaha

Got it, thank you for all the advices.

it wouldnt, because then indy wouldnt have recovered it after all the nazis died. berlin would get curious and they would send their own recovery team and perhaps be more careful with it.

If he hadn't have been there more nazis would have sawn what had happened to the others and not have opened it till slavshit were rapeing berlin

Chicago Town