Veeky Forums i fucked up

i´m one month in my maths studies and i haven´t done shit so far. i started to learn 5 hours a day but i would need 4 to even learn the new material. is it worth to repeat this semester or should i give up? no one in my surrounding thought i could have a chance and family problems just made the last months hell for me. i love math but it´s just too much at ones. i don´t want to end like people who study till their 30s. i have a chance to get a job at a wood company with connections of mine but it´s not really what i want to do. what can you guys recommend? i´m desperate

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-ohuabunwa-a3ba61a3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Humans will always need wood.

>wood company
Brah, just work there and study part time

If you do some excercise, your brain will get better, thus you will learn faster

>has enough money to attend college and afford to repeat too
>has connections good enough that he can get a job through them
You're a humongous pussy, I hope you know.

i´m german so i don´t have to risk my balls with massive debts. it wouldn´t be a decent job. it would be the cheapest legal loan to give for very hard work. doesn´t sound really appeling.

dumb frogposter

>i´m german
I'm Italian

>dumb
>frogposter
please pick one.

dump non-frogposter, normie

Look around your room. How many objects are really made out of wood? And no, ply doesn't count.

dumb "dumb frogposter" poster

Life is too short to be doing something you don't love. I am sorry about your family life but if it is something you can leave behind or can care little about maybe that is the route to go

I'm in the same boat my man, even also Germany. I underestimated how fucking much math takes, and having to learn programming at the side, WTF.
I am repeating this semester.

how old are you? do you work besides the studies?

guys like you are always looking for a reason to fail at something; you have been offered a way out - you should take it.
deep down inside you knew you would fail and you did
plenty of people finish their studies with serious life problems
if you are in the usa go joi the army or marines
they take any turd off the street

this guy came from nigeria
set gpa record for his major at jhu
full ride to yale medical school
ful ride yale mba

linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-ohuabunwa-a3ba61a3

This is what happens when you make college free. People don't care. In Finland we have people "studying" for 7 years before they get their degrees.

my father died last year and i found out that my mother sabotaged my life for blaming me for her problems and "being ungrateful" but somehow you are right. victimizing myself happens too often. so what's the deal now? just continue after this mistake? and how?

that is what i don't plan to do

OP I'v been in that situation a bunch of times in uni where I just have too much to do and not enough time to do it because I procrastinated so far. Know what I did? I got a 6 pack of energy drinks, 2 packs of cigarettes and fucking worked my ass off to get what I could done in the time left. And I passed, which bought me enough time to get my shit together. Literally the worst thing you could do right now is to give up.

I know a bunch of people that have dropped out of uni for whatever reason. I don't know a single one that doesn't regret that decision. They all end up in shitty jobs..

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO FIX YOUR SHIT

Ritalin is amazing.

thanks for the motivation senpai

Dann mach eine Ausbildung du undisziplinertes Stück Scheisse. Nur weil man Abitur hat, muss man nicht studieren. Die meisten Leute gehören eh nicht auf eine Hochschule.

Well. Depends. A lot of people need to work beside their studies so it's gonna take them a bit longer.

Giving up barely 6 weeks in? You should really quit right now and work some manual labor job. Seems quite fit for you.

How old could you possibly be kiddo that you would ever come close to your 30s before finishing?

Let me ask this here:

Is Calc II and/or Calc III + 3 other classes in 7 weeks doable? Assuming you study everyday and did before that jack shit.

are you asking is one / two classes in 7 weeks doable or is 5 classes in 7 weeks doable when you haven't done jack shit before?

Cause for the former, of course if you're not a brainlet. For the latter good luck.

It honestly depends on what other classes you have. I learned Calc 3 in about a week during summer but I had nothing else to do. Calc 2 will take much longer to learn but it might be doable.

Danke für die konstruktive Antwort, Tobi :^)

Häh? Wer zur Hölle ist Tobi?

Anyway, wenn Du studieren willst, dann setze dich auf deinen Arsch. Wenn nicht, dann nicht. Es gibt mehr als nur den Weg über eine Hochschule. Man sucht sich ein Studium ja nicht ohne Grund aus.

How much did you work per day during those times ?

if you need 5 hours of studying per day just to keep up, you're probably too stupid to be in college
stick to wood, m8

Gute Besserung "Edi". :^)

Good shit.

> i have a chance to get a job at a wood company with connections of mine but it´s not really what i want to do.

I wanted to become an Engineer, so I spent three years at a CC and finally transferred to a university as a CompE. Failed the first semester and now I'm in the process of changing my major to Accounting. Not everyone gets what they want. If you worked hard and still fail then there is no shame. Move the fuck on. If you didn't work hard and you're just coasting through then get you ass up and study more.

thanks for kicking my ass guys. i decided to stop being a crybaby and get my shit together. when i don´t pass 1,2 modules than i atleast tried.

to be fair in germany you start your math studies with real analysis.

In my class we startet out with 200 people of whom 19 passed the exam in analysis.

In the Usa people pay a lot of money for their eduaction and therefor feel entitled to pass just on that basis.
In Germany professors just don't give a shit. Either you put in in the 10 hours per exercise sheet or you are gone very quickly.

this, imho german/swiss universities are way underrated on Veeky Forums