Stinky Linkies BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Stinky Linkies BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHA

reddit.com/r/CryptoTechnology/comments/85wcyg/why_reputation_systems_dont_work/

Attached: 1519244836390.png (350x350, 495K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/CryptoTechnology/comments/85wcyg/why_reputation_systems_dont_work/
redditmetrics.com/r/linktrader
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>how an old Hebrew saying can save the world of Decentralized Oracles
Chainlink literally BTFO by Jewry.

>the idea of detaching incentive from data by parasitizing on existing data points is likely to hit back in the long run.
That's right, LINK is a parasite.

>How hard should it be to hack cryptocompare.com once the incentive to change its displayed BTC-USD rate is high enough ?
Chainlinks muh decentralized security. But what if someone tampers with the API source for financial gain faggots.

Attached: 1518663810921.jpg (717x880, 88K)

ChainLink is game theoretical thou

bad FUD

Haahhahahahah btfo

maybe we can get time delays on contract execution

Only he got btfo in the comments and had no come back.
Next fud please

Attached: 31CB60A4C59F4D8F85E7A94E410B7538.png (618x591, 279K)

DELETE THIS

>theres no solution to the reputation farming problem

Absolute shitcoin

Thomas just blew OP the fuck out.

>reddit.com/r/CryptoTechnology/comments/85wcyg/why_reputation_systems_dont_work/
>Overall, I like this article. I think you've spent a great deal of time thinking about reputation systems in regards to oracles and I agree with you on some key points of your reputation proposal
>I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this. I know that would do nothing about an insider with access to the source from maliciously altering data.

No, he basically agreed with the OP and said he was right. I'm selling all my LINK, there are too many FUD that the CL team cannot counteract. First the reputation farming problem and now this.

>spin up thousands of nodes
>spend so much time and money to "farm" reputation from some shitty contract you made up
>you finally farm up enough reputation for thousands of your nodes
>load up thousands of your nodes with several tens of thousands of LINK tokens so that you can even be eligible to participate in high value smart contracts
>now you have to hope that the exact high value smart contract that you're trying to manipulate will randomly choose more than 50% of your shitty nodes
>after spending months on farming fake reputation and spending tens of millions of dollars on fees and tokens for nodes you finally realize that you won't be able to manipulate data for high value smart contracts because they're using SGX
top kek, I really wish someone would actually try this

They just want to be polite you tard.

Go right ahead, drop those bags

Why is the LINK FUD trying o get more and more echnical?

Makes me think the singularity is right on the horizon.

Nah that article is about shit like Augur. What he says about chainlink (which he concedes is secure) amounts to the "centralized data source" criticism.

because nobody other than Veeky Forums gave a fuck about link until a few weeks ago, and now more people have been looking into it, and finding out how fundamentally flawed it is.

Which explains why all the stale, long-debunked fud from 5 months ago is now being brought up again.

>fundamentally flawed

Shoo demon

Attached: 7F962AD4-3024-469A-9F97-068D3C3D6646-361-00000053F029E90A.jpg (960x960, 55K)

Face it guys, it's over. Oraclize is the market leader in smart contract oracles right now. You're kidding yourself if you think Docusign or SWIFT will use ChainLink and you're deluded if you think Zeppelin_os or Req makes any difference at all. While 90% of smart contracts require external data, 100% of those will just use a centralized oracle because it's much cheaper and not overly technical like chainlink. ChainLink's overly complicated tech just causes these problems like reputation farming, malicious actors and hacks. It's much simpler to trust one centralized oracle than to hope and pray that none of these attacks will happen.

B
T
F
O

>Oraclize

Attached: oraclize is centralized - service interruptions.jpg (2400x1727, 580K)

Big players that want to use smart contracts would rather take the risk that Oraclize goes down temporarily, than the LINK network is hacked and nonsensical to begin with

All the recent "technical" FUD is completely teethless to an October linkie. We've been through it already or it's as in this case trivially stupid. Let em FUD. Poor newshits not doing their research be damned.

>decentralized network
>hacked
lmao, welcome to crypto newfag. Get learned.

Centralized systems like Oraclize are far more vulnerable to hacks precisely because they are centralized single points of attack.

>BTFO
mainnet will do the talking

Are Bogs pressing the snooz button on the singularity clock again?

I don't know if you're trolling.

But the entire reason LINK is hyped is because it's an oracle that can't be hacked.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?
WHY ARE WE GOING BACK TO PLANET 0.30?
WHY CAN'T THIS PIECE OF SHIT TOKEN MOON ALREADY?
D...DID YOU LIE TO ME LINKBROS?!?!?

Attached: fucklink.jpg (472x83, 14K)

>hacked and nonsensical
>fundamentally flawed
>reputation farming
>reputation farming
>tampers with the API source

The absolute state of link fudders.

hopefully. need to continue accumulation.

They can hack the data source that is being fed to the oracle and tamper with it. That's exactly what is argued in the OP post and THOMAS CAN'T EVEN REFUTE IT, HE SAYS THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!

WHO WOULD RATHER USE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE HACKED OVER SOMETHING THAT MAY HAVE DOWNTIME?

I've told you multiple times that you are the most annoying LINK poster. Even more annoying than all the copypasta. Please stop making these posts.

>WHO WOULD RATHER USE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE HACKED OVER SOMETHING THAT MAY HAVE DOWNTIME?
I don't know what to say, really. FUDers are literally dumb as shit.

Same here. Paycheck comes tomorrow. Hope it stays down until mainnet.

Breath. user. Calm Down.

Listen to me clearly user.

1 - If you're pulling data from a single source any oracle (centralized or not) will have that problem. LINK is better than centralized because if you sue the data provider you'll be able to prove the data was not tampered with after pulling it.

2 - The vast majority of smart contracts will use multiple data sources. If a single source it hacked LINK nodes will alert the smart contract creator. The smartcontract will still do what majority of the nodes agree on from multiple sources. This is the entire purpose of LINK. To prevent one single API being hacked from taking down the system.

I hope you understand. You might be too much of a brainlet to comprehend my post.

Are you literally retarded? If the fucking DATA SOURCE is hacked it doesnt matter what kind of oracle you use, the data itself is fucked. Nothing to do with the oracle, this is the same old "true data" problem that you fudders think will invalidate the use cases. Brain damage I swear

They're idiots.

They spend more energy trying to refute LINK than actually researching why LINK is solid.

Why do they do this?

LINK is intrinsically worthless. Node operators can be paid in existing cryptocurrencies. Just look at the testnet right now, it only accepts ETH instead of LINK lmao. It means that ETH can easily be substituted for it, that is, if someone wants to fork the token to accept ETH (an established cryptocurrency instead of some fucking ERC20 token made with a two-man team), LINK is basically useless. That is besides the fact that everything LINK aims to do can be easily done by cryptographically signing the data from the API source.
>muh next ETH

Link, 5 months in: 35 cents (3.5x ICO)
Ethereum, 5 months in: $5.50 (17x ICO)

Uh oh, pissed stinker incoming HAHA.

Attached: 48204.jpg (970x980, 222K)

LINK is intrinsically worthless. Node operators can be paid in existing cryptocurrencies. Just look at the testnet right now, it only accepts ETH instead of LINK lmao. It means that ETH can easily be substituted for it, that is, if someone wants to fork the token to accept ETH (an established cryptocurrency instead of some fucking ERC20 token made with a two-man team), LINK is basically useless. That is besides the fact that everything LINK aims to do can be easily done by cryptographically signing the data from the API source.
>muh next ETH
Link, 5 months in: 35 cents (3.5x ICO)
Ethereum, 5 months in: $5.50 (17x ICO)
Uh oh, pissed stinker incoming HAHA.

>They can hack the data source
Better secure that shit then.

Attached: SIRGAY MCDONALDS.jpg (495x711, 198K)

Probably have biased opinions due to all the memes and shitposting. Any reasonable person would be wary when they see shit shilled on Veeky Forums, so I'm not mad about it. Just annoying when they clearly don't understand what they're talking about but still think they can poke holes in the tech

When is mainnet?

Great fud, just sold 100k

tonight, strap in

Plz leave all your LINK at my ETH address if you could be so kind sir thank u sir great team

ok what is it

> too many FUD that the CL team cannot counteract
> implying people aren't problem solvers

Lol, guys, do you not realise that you're supposed to FUD Link and act like a retard when you do, to trick people with a solid understanding of LINK into debunking the FUD, thus strengthening your own belief in the quality of your investment, and encouraging actual discussions on the Veeky Forums board rather than stupid price predictions. I would suggest you try it - I FUD and defend Link all the time and it's great to confuse newfags too.

Attached: comfy_link_pepe.jpg (280x180, 11K)

Attached: 1516296981016.png (547x603, 30K)

legitimately did this when I first found out about it, but now 100% of fud is pasta or arguments from subhuman level logic

>Thomas already in the comments BTFOing everyone
jeez does that guy ever sleep

>because nobody other than Veeky Forums gave a fuck about link until a few weeks ago
literally nothing has changed about LINK awareness since a few weeks ago, what are you on about? we still have only 20k wallets and a 4k subscriber reddit

Attached: 1510017014433.png (612x491, 98K)

you're having a laugh if you don't think awareness is growing. The original subreddit has almost 9k subscribers.

OYYY VEEEY

user, you know we have stats available.
redditmetrics.com/r/linktrader
Exactly 1 month ago the subreddit had 8,279 subs. Today it has 8650.
Yes, technically speaking it's growing. Is it flourishing? Fuck no.

what a nigger, that's exactly when they made their own subreddit. no shit the unofficial one stops growing

Are you retarded? First you talk about the original subreddit having almost 9k subscribers, then when refuted you switch the goalpost to the official one.
The official reddit was made official only 9 days ago. Previously nobody used it for anything. And it has 4188 subs right now.

Attached: 6CBE7EB1-53C2-4193-B709-D6EDE2B23663.jpg (640x1060, 305K)

Like I've said before. CL has an unbelievable idea that I believe will change the world if they're successful. Literally nothing will make me sell.

Not selling. I'll literally ride this ship down to $0. I am immune to FUD. I have enough Ethereum and Monero I'm so comfy with my 30k Link stack. Probably will buy more. You're going to want to kys when this shit succeeds. You'll remember this day. This moment you actually wrote this. This will be your defining moment in life. Which is sad tbhfamalama but you'll realize you could have changed your family legacy forever but you let your "intellectual expertise" hold you back. I actually think you might not have a super low iq. Unfortunately the smartest person in the room isn't always the richest.

lots a low tier fud around today. whales prolly fired up the jeets to run the fud for consumption purposes.

yup jeet engines are roaring. post proves theory.

he does have a point. I think one thing he isn't considering is that for many contracts the data source and smartcontract writer will have some sort of business relationship that's more than just "we're sending nodes to get your api data" and pray that it stays up and true.

Are you the retard who sold his bags at a loss against better advice, and has now bought back in after realizing he did a stupid?

Go ahead, sell again lol

Thanks friendo this is the best anti-FUD I’m going to make some great original fud this weekend

UMMMMM YOU GUYS SERGEY ISN'T WORKING ON CHAINLINK HE'S ACTUALLY WORKING ON SMARTORACLES YOU ALL GOT MEME'D BTFO.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 12.09.37 PM.png (499x438, 141K)

I defend LINK vigorously to build up my own confidence.

I also wan't REQ Marines to feel retarded for holding REQ over LINK.

FUCKING MORONS. REQ IS DEPENDENT ON LINK.

But I see your point.

Attached: gandalf-nod-because-a-normal-nod-is-too-mainstream_o_838808.gif (700x350, 1.54M)