Black or white?

Does Veeky Forums prefer whiteboards or blackboards?
I haven't met anyone who prefers whiteboards over here so it's a fucking mystery why they're so popular.
Is this just my country sucking or do whiteboards also plague where you live?

Blackboards for lectures, but whiteboards are better for closed rooms because they make less of a mess.

>not writing on glass masterrace
writing on boards are for brainlets who couldn't evolve beyond the beauty of writing on elegant glass

I started uni this year and I love whiteboards so much after 12 years of blackboards. everything is much, much cleaner and they're almost a joy to write on. why do people prefer blackboards?

White letters on dark background makes better contrast.
Also it's easier to tell when your chalk is running out, markers just up and die.

This basically, although I like chalk.

I hate them both. There has to be a better alternative. Where's the capitalist's no squeak chalkboard?

whiteboards are way better, blackboards screech horribly. Fuck blackboards, what the fuck do they offer over whiteboards? If you like blackboards you should honestly kill yourself because you are a fedora tipping faggot

PEN
AND
PAPER

Chalk makes my skin crawl and blackboards screech. I just use whiteboards in my office and the digital overhead in the lecture hall.

Big rolls of brown lunch bag paper like Numberphile uses.

>Go to copy shop.
>Bring blank computer paper of desired quality to copy shop.
>Ask them to wire bind it for you. Attach vinyl or cardboard covers if desired.
>I have three enormous books of blank math paper that could easily last me two years. It's been a long time since I did it, but I think it cost me 20 USD at the time. I'm still going through it.

How expensive would it be to print grids on all the sheets? Graph paper makes it much easier to keep your work organized, plus graphs (obviously). Graph paper is too fucking expensive

Markers > chalk
Fuck chalk.
As if it wasn't disgusting enough sometimes people leave chalks in the open and they get wet and god fucking dammit fuck that shit

This
Fuck chalk, it feels so disgusting to touch or hear.

Wtf is this glass writing meme? It practically screams "IM AN AUTUSTIC FAGGOT LOOK AT ME!!"

There's digital blackboards.
Also projector+slides.

FUCK blackboards. Jesus I hate them so much.

Blacks are filthy subhumans and whites are worthless cucks.
Only the japanese deserve to live.

Blackboards have the advantage of no glare in a large lecture hall. Every other circumstance, I prefer whiteboards.

"No."

Whiteboards. Less mess and no squeaking.

Plus, if I'm teaching an undergrad class, I likely want to use multiple colors, and colored chalk tends to be horrible.

Writing an extended amount with blackboards can screw up your hands from all the chalk.
Whiteboards just do it better

I've used both a lot, and honestly have no preference. Whiteboards tend to be better for chemistry and blackboards for math.

This is the dealbreaker for me. I don't really care what a professor uses for a lecture though.

>markers just up and die
This is why I hate whiteboards, markers are just absolute garbage that fade after 10 minutes of writing, so enjoy having a hard time reading what the teacher is writing on the board for the next 80 minutes.

>excuse me, can you please change markers? i can't see what you're writing

you're welcome mate

This pic is on the math site at my local uni

I like whiteboards; if I need to draw attention to something I can just change colors. Although, I am the autist that has five different exchangeable colored pencil stubs that fit in my compass.

Fuck blackboards. They make my skin crawl whenever I write on them and make me sneeze every time I erase them.

All you need to clean a blackboard is a piece of cloth, whiteboards, if they're used extensively and some writings stay on them for long time are impossible to clean without some solvent

>We run out of them, it's the last one

>All you need to clean a blackboard is a piece of cloth

Maybe you've never owned a blackboard?

I have owned and used both extensively. Black boards generally take a little bit longer to clean in the short term. As with white boards you only need cloth most of the time. Erasers for blackboards leave the board ashy consistently and you really need to use a solvent or water most of the time. Where as blackboards only need an eraser or cloth.

Second, the erasers for whiteboards stay significantly cleaner and dont leave marks on the board like chalkboard ones do or require as much maintenance.

Third, you have much more control over line thickness with whiteboard markers than you do chalk ones.

Fourth, if you get nice whiteboard markers they will last much longer than chalk, dont break and feel much sturdier in the hand.

Fifth, it is easier to translate good handwriting from paper to a whiteboard than blackboard. Dont get me wrong i love chalk, but it isnt as similar to writing on paper as a whiteboard marker is.

Sixth, there is much more contrast between a pure white and black marker on white boards than an off grey/green with white markings.

Seventh, whiteboards are cheaper.

> Where as blackboards only need an eraser or cloth.
*whiteboards

Also blackboard stain over time significantly more than whiteboards.

Whiteboard.
The only pro with blackboards is that it is apparently healthier.

>why do people prefer blackboards?
Autism.