Tfw Midwestern cuisine becomes the trendy food of the year

>tfw Midwestern cuisine becomes the trendy food of the year.

No...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_War,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany
onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/iconic-foods-oh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Midwestern cuisine is fantastic! Do you think Midwesterners are fat because the food sucks?

It's cause they're all stupid and eat garbage. All of them.

Why the fuck is there just a plate of spices in the background? What is that for?

they're fat because you have to drive for ages to get anywhere.

That looks fucking gross

>raw onions

>tfw superior spanish cuisine is too hard for normie retards

Feels great to eat literally statistically best food in the world that the average cu/ck/ can't cook.

All the food there consists of meat, cheese, and simple carbs. Every dish is piled to eye-level and is shaped like Jabba the Hut.

I'm pretty sure you could teach a chimp to cook paella.

>Ohioans ruining everything for everyone, again

What a shock

>spanish cuisine
>better than italian and french
lmaoing @ ur life m8

>french
>at all

The french are gaywads who convince themselves that all the food they took from other cultures is their own and that it's original, for example, crepes were Breton (a kind of celt) peasants food before the french fags claimed it for themselves.

They're like those kids on deviantart recoloring shitty anime templates or shitty pony templates.

Literally the culinary equivalent of OC DONOT STEAL

I kind of want to try cincinatti chilli...

Really?

I dont know whats wrong with me

I think your brain might be broken

I thought Cincinatti was the chili capital of the woild?

it just looks like regular spaghetti and it makes me hungry and I am all like
>eh, a mountain of cheese on top of some heavily cinnamon flavoured chilli, I'm sure its fine

I dunno man, from what I've heard Texas is, I have no clue though man, I'm from Australia but cincinatti chilli sounds kinda fucked considering they put chocolate in it

From what I've heard they put chocolate or in some cases peanut butter is used apparently

nah, those are rumours
also from straya

ambiance

Why does Veeky Forums of all places have the highest concentration of buttblasted left coast libtards?

>he doesn't realize both coasts are shitting on him in these threads

No, WIDF. Not everyone who doesn't like your ''''cheese'''' is from California.

>Implying I give a fuck what Jews think
The bombs can't start falling soon enough

Midwestern food won't be cool. It's too based on meat, it's too carb heavy, it doesn't even have an ironic appeal of fast food or total white trash food.

You might see reinterpreted white trash flavors like ranch mix or something, but Midwestern food is too bland to even engage with on an ironic level. Your casseroles will still be called gratins, your streaks will just be regular grass fed etc. just look at spoon and stable as a foodie Midwestern restaurant and you'll see it's not ironically reinterpreting anything Midwestern housewife tier.

Why would anyone bomb a food desert? There is nothing there except factory farms which can be eliminated by cutting the subsidies. Get a hold of yourself, WIDF.

I moved to the Midwest a few years ago and haven't figured out yet what midwestern food is even supposed to be, other than pre-made stuff from walmart

>why are people interested in cooking and different foods generally left?

Because to be creative and interested in international foods you have to be open minded and willing to progress outside your comfort zone. I think we all clearly understand that doesn't describe much of the right.

A bit of both. Once you enter "flyover" territory, you're talking trips ranging from 1-25 miles for basic shit.

Bretagne is a part of France, fuckwit

It is genuinely my favorite food. It tastes so good

It wasn't in the past, the french took over at some point, people in the region still feel a strong connection to their Celtic roots also the name is Breizh, fuckwit

Cocoa powder is in skyline's recipe, as is
cinnamon

People here mostly like the cheese though.

Trendy? Never. But some Midwest foods are commonplace across the country. Breakfast cereal is one. Sweet BBQ sauce is another. The style of pizza most national chains serve is Midwestern. So is any recipe from Betty Crocker.

>breizh instead of Brittany

What alternative view of history and language that disregards facts, do you subscribe to? I know it's become the rage in the US to dismiss reality, but how has it invaded Brittany?

Breizh is the proper Celtic name faggot, Brittany is just the English translation, it was in the "Mad War" that the french invaded, the war was over and Brittany was officially taken over when the french forced the duchess to marry some french fag which meant that Brittany was owned by the french after the duchess died due to some gay inheritance laws the french had.

Seriously man, do some research I know it's become the rage in the world to not do research but heres a wiki article so you can educate yourself en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_War,

Hipsters are starting to eat spam unironically and do stuff like potlucks so I'd keep Midwestern on your meme radar

>potlucks
>hipster tier

what is wrong with this board

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!
TOO MUCH WIN!!!!!

Sick gelatin mold bro. Would eat. Needs a sharp ass knife though.

San Antonio Texas has a long history of chili making, as does New Mexico. They are very different though. Chili con carne as most people are familiar with it is a purely Texan invention. It is based on North African tagine brought by early settlers from the Canary Islands, and changed to suit the available ingredients. Cincinnati chili is nothing more than makaronia me kima, a Greek dish brought there in the 1900s by immigrants. They jumped on the chili craze of the time and since nobody knew any better they got away with it.

>hipsters have started to eat limes instead of lemons.

WTF is this. Limes are 10/$1 while lemons are 4/$1. Why wouldn't you buy limes instead?

Lemons are usually a lot bigger than limes

Limes over lemons symbolize the reconquista for mexican extremists

That's why hipsters love them, because they are ashamed of the white race

Because Midwesterner, they are different.

>inb4 they're just sour fruits.

I don't know, guy. Did a google on Breizh and the first thing that popped up was an article titled, "Brittany." I think you may need to pray a little harder to your Druid gods.

South Texas actually, you know, where they grow a whole shit ton of citrus? I'm quite familiar with the difference between the two, but for many applications, especially those where just the juice and not the zest is used, there is no difference in the final product. If you actually cooked and didn't just shit post all day you would know that.

>mexican extremists
Things That Don't Exist for $500, Alex.

Brittany (/ˈbrJtəni/; French: Bretagne [bʁə.taɲ] ( listen); Breton: Breizh, pronounced [bʁɛjs] or [bʁɛχ];[1] Gallo: Bertaèyn, pronounced [bəʁ.taɛɲ])

That's from the wikipedia article on Brittany here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany

In Irish Brittany is "an Bhriotain", in Scotttish Gaelic it's "a' Bhreatainn Bheag", in Manx it's "yn Vritaan" and it keeps going with all the other Celtic languages

That's what the liberals want you to believe

onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/iconic-foods-oh/

KEK at number 7.

Also like how they show a fruit in the most bland way compared to the others on the list.

>bragging about a national fast food chain

Fucking midwesterners.

Veeky Forums was /pol/ before /pol/, we're clearly not reading the same board.

I drive 25 miles for class

This. Most people who are into food on the level of a gourmand live in cities with good restaurants and are likely to have done some traveling. That would not be your average conservative who thinks good things are a scam and foreign things are suspect. You can't have eating well be a priority if you write off other places with great food cultures because of your political views. That's just not going to work, because you'll miss out on too much of the good stuff.

>What? The nearest grocery store is 8 miles away? Fucking flyover
>Mine is only 2 miles away and only takes me 25 minutes there and back walking

>I found an exception therefore I'm not a flyover

Let me guess it's surrounded on three sides by a 15 foot high concrete wall, and a moat for good measure, just in case anyone even THINKS about walking directly there from the adjacent housing-only zone

>Breton Celtic nationalist detected, still butthurt the french have owned him for a very long time.

Sorry, my dude, but you're a frenchfuck.

Looks good, I'd eat it. Where's the problem?

Lel, my ancestor fought in that war, got wounded really bad so he rowed on a little dinghy to Jersey, no french blood in me.

The Bretons still feel a strong connection to their Celtic past and some have been campaigning to reunite the two Breton regions, they deserve to have their land handed back from those jewish french bastards.

>jewish french bastards.

Cool. I guess I learned a little world history today about Brittany (Briezh) and France. Nothing like tribal hatred to get the fires stoking. It worked pretty well here in the US in the last year.

It's basically that and """salads""" that consist of 50% mayonnaise and/or sour cream.

Don't forget the ranch!

the population of the US in general is concentrated around its coasts anyway

I can afford a car so I'm 5 minutes from anywhere.

It's 5 minutes to the ground floor for your poor faggot ass.

1/3rd of the country is located between Arlington and Boston with the next biggest concentration being on the west coast. The US is is mostly empty space

Empty space filled with living trash bags who smell like ham named Bertha for women and out of work, dumb as shit, meth smoking faggots for men.

Everything between Texas, California, and New York could fall into the sea and nothing of value would be lost.

>Texas
>of value
weak bait, I give it a 1/10

>discounting Colorado

Califags are ruining the place, btw

Ohioan here, fuck Gold Star Chili, they suck compared to Skyline.
Also cheese coneys and chili cheese fries are amazing

I like spam and I'm not a hipster
I liked spam before it was cool

Fuck off you cityslicker metrosexuals.

I'm eating an avocado with a squeeze of lime RIGHT NOW, while smiling in the general direction of Mexico

How does that make you feel, cleetus?

STAHP

Avacado is great with honey mustard chicken though desu

Texan here, agreed. Califags are a fucking plague, their arrogance and misguided sense of self worth really is only rivaled by brits.

Not him, but I'm glad there is tribal hatred. Globalism is just the new fascism and communism. Collectives larger than a nation of people are dysfunctional and are how dystopias start like with Nazi Germany or the USSR.

>2017
>being a nationalist

At least Brits are fun to listen to, Califags speak in a constantly condescending manner... the good news is, most of them don't know how to fight

chilimac is the shit

I DON'T LIKE SPAM

Euro living in Ameriland for nearly 15 years now here.

Despite my length of stay, I only had ranch for the first time sometime in spring or summer. Not sure when. I know it was after Easter but before Dormition. Anyway, I liked it. I really don't understand where the extreme contempt so many Amerifriends seem to hold for it comes from.

Not quite true. The area you're talking about is called the Megalopolis and it holds about 20% of the US population. Adding California's 12% makes the two combined /almost/ (but not quite) a third of the US population. And they live on only 6% of America's total land, so yeah: saying that the 94% of the US that's neither of those two regions is sparsely populated is a bit of an understatement.

seeing my classmates slathering their pizza in that shit made me hate it. seeing ranch covered faces still turns my stomach

Nice presentation. Could have fooled me into thinking the food is actually good, but if you look closer, it's actually horrible.

Thing about ranch dressing users is that they completely submerge their food in that garbage. It's disgusting as well as the ranch breath that comes after.

>only liberals such as myself like to travel and eat good food

are most of these comments ironic, or do libcucks really sit on ck and get super pissed off about chili on noodles?

Looks like something from a 70's cookbook

That's not what I'm saying. People suspicious of foreigners and immigrants often carry that over to prejudice against cuisines of other nations. These are people who would rather hit a steakhouse or a BBQ joint than a restaurant specializing in a specific kind of cuisine. And they often have a chip on their shoulder against anything French, which puts them at a disadvantage when it comes to fine dining.

Not true, food is the one thing immune to racism.

t. racist

Then you're not a true racist.

The midwest is very apprehensive to stuff that doesn't have ground beef, shitty cheese, potato, or some shitty pasta/white bread.

>too based on meat
>too carb heavy

what the actual fuck do you eat then? ice?

libcucks are currently their equivalent of cornered animals it's fascinating.

yeah I am literally stomping on a hipster lemon right now to symbolize the end of multiculti cuck food

brown microwave slop for everyone, we don't have to be PC anymore!

>tfw you once online dated a q t 3.14 midwestern girl with that fucking hellaciously cute midwestern girl accent but you never got to eat her chili covered midwestern spaghettini

>felixBatMan.jpg

I'm from Iowa.
I have family in Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, California, Georgia England and France.

I have never seen anyone do that with spaghetti.

I was taught to make italian meatballs, pesto, marinara and Alfredo from scratch.

I think you might know some real retards.