if it's mossible for barbon - siloco bond. t
hen maybe life on mars, possible outer space

Source?

Destroying the semiconductor industry with chip eating mold

turning happy eukaryotes into suffering, stiff and cracking invalids

that's terrifying

Bulletproof skin

immortality

How could that even be feasibly done? Would a person just have to take dialysis every day or perhaps have his own bones make it for him?

oh fuck it would be worse than a zombie apocalypse

gives a whole new meaning to computer virus

I guess even cyborg bodies aren't safe from physically contagious disease

Why did they do this? Someone is going to turn this into a weapon and destroy all technology with it. :'(

As most women are full of silicon, I welcome our new fuck-dolls

The arecibo reply mentioned life with carbon-silicon bonds. Did they just make ayyy lmao?

Organics win again!!

Whoa, wtf? Is that real? Show me proof, user?

>Is that real

no, it's not

It was a fucking crop circle

Sad to see it took up to the fifth reply to ask for a source and yet it was never given. Anyway, here it is for anyone actually interested.

science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6315/1048

I found the sources on my own without your help, gaywad. It's called Google

Maybe they could just integrate it into our gut flora

There's about 400x the amount of silicon in Earth's crust than carbon and yet life STILL works with carbon instead of silicon. Being able to force a bond in a lab is hardly relevant in nature.

Of course all we have is 1 example of life in the universe. Still I'm very skeptical for obvious reason.

Autofalatic memes

It's called community-based corroboration dingus. If people immediately believe anything anyone posts without demanding proof, then we'll be outrun by gullible idiots that fall for any likely bait. Asking for source, regardless of whether you could find it on your own, is part of maintaining board quality and prevent bait.

Bait contributes to a healthy eco system by keeping the idiots to their containment threads.

Actually, people who constantly ask for sources, citations and proofs are the hands-down most annoying part of the chinescartoonforum experience.

Greater cell conductivity
>we will become brains
>the goal of becoming pillars of light is upon us

>a finding that has applications in several industries
read before commenting

>Molecules with silicon-carbon, or organosilicon, compounds are found in pharmaceuticals as well as in many other products, including agricultural chemicals, paints, semiconductors, and computer and TV screens. Currently, these products are made synthetically, since the silicon-carbon bonds are not found in nature.

>The new study demonstrates that biology can instead be used to manufacture these bonds in ways that are more environmentally friendly and potentially much less expensive.

>read the article that was linked after he posed his question
oh wait the article requires a membership

retard

wow, several industries is a great product!

what the actual fuck are you talking about you stupid stupidface
phys.org/news/2016-11-scientists-nature-silicon-carbon-bonds.html

i like you user

Does this mean cheaper vidya grafics?

>we sell people with software and a dis reader
>we use the processing power of their cells to achieve our goals
>begin to mass breed humans

>end result is a mix between Brave New World and The Matrix

It'll turn out to be absolutely nothing just like the "arsenic based bacteria."

>maintaining board quality
get over yourself, this is a cesspool

Did you even read the papers

ALIENS

Grey goo. Make a bacterium capable of making silicon solar cells and obtaining power from them.

Because it would be more efficient than photosynthesis, said bacteria will outcompete everything and we have grey goo.

JK, we still haven't engineered a way for organisms to reduce silica to something they can use. At best this work will give us more efficient means of making silicone.

>It was a fucking crop circle
That's pretty awesome. Crop circle guys must have a lot of fun. I wonder how often their messages get decoded.

I'm kind of tempted to do one now like that, but showing a dude with a board making a crop circle, and the molecular structure of alcohol.

>biological system 15 times more efficient than chemical catalysts

How long till we program cells to do all our chemistry for us and chemical engineering will literally become SpaceChem?

>Silicon life
Blame! is real
Humanity is fucked

the great filter...

did you have a stroke while writing this

never. So your cells make whatever chemical you need, great now to get it you have to separate out a bunch of cell crap

how do they extract insulin from modified yeast cells?

Don't be a silly cone user.

Customizable silicone catgirls

They just lyse the cell and separate the contents

great, now you have to separate out a bunch of cell crap
insulin has a high enough value that it makes sense to separate out all the cell crap

[citation needed]