Panic time?

Panic time?

"Eternal inflation predicts that time will end"

Raphael Bousso
>The universe has a 50/50 chance of ending in the next 3.7 billion years.

That's scary ... Is this true? Or is it a complete lie?

Sources:

arxiv.org/abs/1009.4698

io9.gizmodo.com/5665742/the-universe-might-have-to-end-in-37-billion-years-so-that-the-laws-of-physics-make-sense/all

abc.net.au/science/articles/2010/10/08/3028955.htm?site=science/tricks&topic=latest&listaction=unsubscribe

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmosmagazine.com/physics/vacuum-decay-ultimate-catastrophe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Trying to predict the unpredictable.
He must be 'so' smart. :^)

>50/50 chance

Either it'll happen, or it won't

Those are pretty high odds, compared to the ones we'd been fed before.

Let's hope that's enough time for us to figure out how to control this stupid place.

I still get conflicting answers when I ask whether or not the universe even WILL expand eternally

Also
>Universe might end in 3.7b years
>We'll be lucky (us browsing Veeky Forums right now) to make it another 100

Get over yourself. Not everything is about you and your short longevity.

OP here.

I have a trauma with the end's of the universe, I througed the metastability of the vacuum and now this: the barrier of time.

I think my problem is with exentric deaths, my biggest desire today is to die from natural causes or somehow unnoticed on Earth, run over or something like that.

But ... at the moment I just need help with this, and I would like to receive "good" answers.

Thank´s

How the fuck is this scary?

>he thinks our species will even exist in the next million years

Look at it this way OP: We're not gonna be here to experience it and its unlikely anybody will remember us when it happens.

STEPHEN HAWKING SAID WE ONLY HAVE 1000 YEARS TO LIVE

>According to Bousso and company's projections, there's a 50-50 chance that the universe will end sometime in the next 3.7 billion years, because we will have crossed over the time part of that space-time cutoff.

>There's a 50-50 chance that the universe will end sometime in the next 3.7 billion years

>the universe will end sometime in the next 3.7 billion years

>sometime in the next

Will end sometime, that means it could end at any time. Or no?
That scares me, knowing that can be at any moment.

Always bet on black

cosmosmagazine.com/physics/vacuum-decay-ultimate-catastrophe

>The walls of the true vacuum bubble would expand in all directions at the speed of light. You wouldn’t see it coming. The walls can contain a huge amount of energy, so you might be incinerated as the bubble wall ploughed through you.

The universe has a 50/50 chance of ending in the next 3.7 seconds.

op humanity as a whole wont even last close to that long

theres no point worrying about it

are you the same faggot who spammed ESL threads about black holes eating the earth for a month

why would it be scary? time was stopped 13.8 billion years ago, were you afraid then? probably not.

Jojo reference?

Underrated

why?

>The universe has a 50/50 chance of ending
either it happens or it don't makes perfect sense