Why do black people in NYC not eat pork

why do some black people in NYC not eat pork?

note that these are american black people, I really don't get the sense that they're jewish or muslim

I work with 2 of these guys, just normal-ass black dudes who don't eat pork

didn't know where else to ask, legitimately curious

Other urls found in this thread:

westonaprice.org/health-topics/how-does-pork-prepared-in-various-ways-affect-the-blood/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cause they think it's poison.. mix of cat dog rat.
they won't eat eggs over easy. or raw fish sushi either.
put some Chitterlings down and they'll line up

American supermarket pork is as boring as boneless/skinless chicken breast and costs much more. Doesn't make sense to buy it.

>Not realizing how deep the middle-eastern influence on urban minorities is

Because they think it'll make them as cool as Jules in pulp fiction

Wow, a whole two black guys you know don't eat pork? That must mean all 2 million black people in NYC also don't eat pork! Thanks for the cool factoid broseph!

t. black person who eats pork and who also lives in NYC

Hopefully

they're just fucking retarded. it's probably some fad idea of virtue

Probably Caribbean. It is seen as dirty to eat pork in those cultures, and they were grown up told not to eat it

I think it actually is related to Islam. I would say it can be traced back to the NOI and 5percenterism, and is kept alive by jail culture and the fact that a large percentage of establishments in the black neighborhoods of NYC are owned and run by muslims.

Basically this.

It's the whole We Wuz Jews/Muslims/Kangs shit crossed with a heavy dose of paranoia regarding anything being sold by white people as pure cancer designed to kill blacks. They also think we cooked up HIV to kill them, which is hilarious when you consider that the scariest biological weapon blacks can conceive of is a virus that kills IV drug users and people who refuse to use condoms. Of course, some of them think that condoms spread HIV too, so figure that shit out.

>didn't know where else to ask,
easy.. Just ask your coworkers dumbass

Why do so white people on this board think experiences with any non-white race generalizes to every single person of that race?

I dont eat pork because I dont like the taste of it. Perhaps its they dont like the taste of pork either.

Why do some white people from chelsea only drink juice if it was cold pressed by other white people wearing gluten-free sneakers? Why do some chinese people from bay ridge NYC have a hissy fit if the chinese food doesn't fit their definition of chinese food? Why are dominicans from washington heights allegic to fresh vegetables?

Same reason why flyovers get mad when they see an avocado. In the cave man days having violent overreactions to unfamiliar things was a survival instinct. Now it's pretty much pointless but it's hard coded in our DNA and weird shit happens when you put a cave man in a hyper modern environment with unlimited choices.

Jerk pork is popular, though

I agree.

The Muslim owned bodegas tend to not use real bacon. So the average baconeggncheese you order in the hood uses beef or turkey bacon.

Why do Mexican and Ecuadorian girls from Corona have nice, tasty buttholes?

It's common in Dominican households to have a side salad with dinner. Also avocado. Just sayin.

It's also common for Dominican chicks to have fat juicy asses

What cut of pork is this?

Are you high?

Roast pork is a staple in all the mayor Antilles.

Blood sausage from it, the innards, the feet, the fucking face.

Ribs.

People mad about avocados are non whites and white spics who are mad at the avocado memed by flyovers and hipsters have caused the price of avocado to explode

This is very wrong or some random British Muslim island

Its all black folks on the east coast as far as I know. Scary pork kill mamay.

>Jerk pork is popular, though
Yes true, but also rasta don't eat shellfish or pork, kind of a throwback to jewish old testament.

They can't buy it fried so they don't know what it tastes like

Maybe you should try asking them instead of making racebait threads, autismo.

Are you foreign or just fucking retarded?
Pork is more expensive that chicken?
Pork is the cheapest of meats.

Black people tend to be from a lower socioeconomic background. Therefore as children they wouldn't have been exposed to prime cuts of meat.

And everyone loves the food they grew up eating.

Lots of black people in NYC are moslem, this goes back to the conscious hip hop trend in NYC of the 80s and 90s and black power movements

>rearing and slaughtering a chicken is cheaper than rearing and slaughtering a pig

I know a lot of black people that dont eat pork. They just think pork is unhealthy. Not sure if it is desu

>black people in NYC
>granted american black people

Really? That's your quaint view of the world?

>NY "black people" can be pigeonholed into a covenient narrative to match an alt-right worldview.

Wew, lad.

Pork is connected to 1. Slave food 2. Mentioned in the bible 3. Blacks influenced by mothers who cooked for Jewish families (manishevits was actually adopted by blacks and they were prime consumers for decades)4. NOI/5%/Queen Afua/BHI/Messanic Xhristian influences and also 5. Alternative health people like westonaprice.org/health-topics/how-does-pork-prepared-in-various-ways-affect-the-blood/ 6. taught fear of unhealthiness of pork from physicians 7. Chicken and Fish are neutral for most folks and thus more common everywhere + cheaper

T. Blacks Jew who lived in NYC for awhile

This also is not just an NYC thing, CHI/OAK/DET/ATL most black cities these influences effect black American eating habits but to varying degrees.

pork tastes like people. :^)

Sounds like a preference thing.

The theories in this thread are pretty funny though.

t. Black guy from NYC that eat porks

now that's what i call retarded

u rite u rite

But he's right. At least in Canadastan, chicken is ridiculously expensive compared to pork.

I'm from Trinidad

You're partially right. Pork is accepted, but not by everyone. Some people are okay with it while the rest think it's worm infested crap. I suppose some Ameriblacks have the same beliefs.

(Side fact) Then some islands have Hindu/Muslim populations (like mine) where pork and beef are accepted generally but usually not served in, say, parties or gatherings to avoid any conflicts. Chicken is a good middle ground.

>Why do some white people from chelsea only drink juice if it was cold pressed by other white people wearing gluten-free sneakers?

I live in LA and its a large amount of black people wont eat pork even though they are christian/catholic. It has roots to the black power movement where the leaders were muslim and abstained from pork. The followers which would be the parents at this point would not eat pork out of choice and the children will not eat pork. They grow up eat some shitty porkchops hate it then read about trichinosis and how dirty pigs are along with how some religions abstain from eating pork. They cherry pick each section and dont eat pork. Oddly enough they will eat pork dumplings and and BBQ

>you can get salmonella from pork and eggs in America
HOW?! You're not India.

I mean the government definitely invented hiv/aids to kill queers and black people. It’s pretty much a fact at this point

they are probably muslim and won't tell you

people from a lot of cultures think pork is dirty

>Generalizing while bitching about generalizing
Bravo, you retarded shitskin.

calling peoples "shitskins" is so autistic

it's like the insult a 6 year old white nationalist would make

It got to you.

No, it's just one my my pet peeves. If white nationalists think their opinions are based in fact, they shouldn't have to resort to literally insulting someone's skin color. Besides, chocolate is dark brown and is delicious.

I'd always assumed it was just Nation spillover into broader black culture, never considered proximity to Jewish culture as a reason but that makes just as much sense

>there are more black people in NYC than people in my whole country

Wtf

Jamaicans and a lot of Caribbeans do
Northern black people don't eat chitterlings

Source: black guy in NYC

There are more Jews in NYC than in the rest of the world combined

There are more Puerto Ricans in NYC than in Puerto Rico itself

Welcome to the most important city in the world

In America pork used to be very cheap and whites didn't eat it. Only poor blacks and rural whites consumed most of the pork.

It goes back to the Nation of Islam and various black Muslim organizations since the sixties. The naming of the Jew was a big part of it, even Jesse Jackson tried to run for President on an anti Israel policy.

This is true. Black and south Asian people don't really have much culture other than "white people sent you to work" so they borrow from the middle east which actually had culture until they got blacked.

I live in Florida and know a black guy who was born and raised in Florida and won't eat pork. He's "done his research" and says he refuses to eat pork since pigs will eat anything. I don't understand

There's also a Christian denomination that's majority black that doesn't eat pork.

He's not wrong. Pigs are trash animals trash begets trash.
Also, there's nothing on a pig that isn't better on another animal

The belly and the hocks

Take off the tinfoil hat, dude. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

Stay sleep you sheeple

I'm not black, or a muslim, or a jew, or rasta, or from a place that considers pork dirty, or a vegan, or a vegetarian, and I don't eat pork.
Reason? Pigs will eat anything, including each other and you. I've seen pigs eating everything including a farmer who had a heart attack in his pig pen. And it's not just that, they're mean, spiteful, cannibalistic animals. I'm happy other people eat pork, though, because the fewer of them there are, the safer we are. Think I'm paranoid? Go somewhere in the US where the wild hogs are tearing up the countryside and put yourself in their path. They can easily kill you if you're not ready to shoot.

lots of Evangelical and fundie Christians don't eat pork. it's not just a jew/muslim thing.

Ok maybe they didn’t invent aids but they definitely invented crack

Just because they hate the police doesn't mean they want to eat their flesh fammo

I see this guy being posted everywhere, who is he?

>I'm happy other people eat pork, though, because the fewer of them there are

This makes no sense. The more people eat pork, the more farmers breed pigs to sell. If nobody ate pork nobody would raise them.

Why do white people make dumb threads like this

>won't eat eggs over easy
Our parents take the "eyes" out of the egg(the small white chicken fetus) because they think it makes the egg more raw than it normally is and they think its weird to eat it. Each family might have their own reason though.
You don't add salt and pepper to your eggs so they're tasteless. Egg being runny just makes it worse cause I'm not used to it.
>don't eat pork
Pigs are disgusting animals and that's the main reason. Nothing wrong with eating them, it's just weird. They taste good and each time I eat a pig I'm one up'ing a vegan.
this

>note that these are american black people, I really don't get the sense that they're jewish
thas not right

I have 1$ per lb pork loin constantly in my grocery ads, I grind it and make ghetto gyro meat with it in a cast iron most of the time.

Any other recommendations fit the cheapest if meats?