That's like saying pizza is american and italian

>kysané zelí
>kapusta kwaszona
>german names
really makes me go hmmm

>10 posts in
>no perogies

for fuck's sake Veeky Forums

Don't know about all slavic food, but Russian cuisine is absolutely shit.

Source: live in Russia

SOUR

RYE

SOUP

Plural of pierogi is pierogi desu baka senpai

Singular is pierog, plural is pierogi. Same with blini, the singular is just blin. Blinis and pierogis are double plurals

IT'S TEDIOUS OVEREXPLANATION HOUR KIDS, BUCKLE UP AND WELCOME TO Veeky Forums

Russian cooking traditions has been destroyed by communism. It would otherwise be amazing

Maybe it's tedious for you, but if you're actually a speaker of a slavic language, hearing things like "one pierogi" or "pierogis" sounds grating and stupid as fuck.

the people who are curious enough to actually listen to you about it will already know

I read it. Granted it's the same grammar as pierogs in my country so it's nothing new. Still it's always nice to see sticklers like get btfo

It is actually sort of a general dish from Germany and a lot of countries in that region. It was how the peasantry and even some nobility survived the long winters due to the fact that the process of fermenting the cabbage releases Vitamin C from other compounds in the cabbage where it normally wouldn't be available. This prevented scurvy and also helped to keep wound healing rates and immune systems strong (2 of Vitamin C's main functions in the body).

Fun Fact: the presence of Vitamin C (Citric Acid) is the reason for Saurkraut being slightly sour.

How do I acquire a slavic gf

Complete the mating ritual

By being white

How much vodka and blind does it take? I already bought an Adidas tracksuit

blini*

Are you chain smoking yet?

No. Which brand do most slabs smoke?

Fuck yeah!

>Russian, making ezpz charlotte pies every week, because apple are cheap staple
>basically it's just a big muffin with excess of apple slices drown in the batter, shove it into hot oven and in 20 minutes, voila. Juicy
>the story behind the name it's a fancy soviet branding spread through cook books, to help people feel like they eat something fancy and not the most primitive pie ever
>according to wiki, charlotte is some sort of french meringue fuckery with particular chief name attached to it, which is suddenly a recognizable national food
>except what the fuck is this and why is it even here in the national cuisine category?
n o b o d y e v e r c a r e s h e r e

>meat in borscht
pиииии

Stolle + kvass

that's some shit looking borscht

Also,
>no pelmeni

I personally use pork