Trump-posters need to get the fuck off my b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ planet

The impending de-funding of NASA's climate research isn't carte blanche to throw out Earth science.

I'm not naïve, I know money and memes are all-powerful in politics and that 21st century globalism a shit, but scientific truth isn't like political truth. It's based axioms developed through riggerous testing. It doesn't matter how many people know it, buy it, publish it.

>le Stirner face
>u can't know nothin
Then all knowledge is based on that which you cannot prove, which is fine. We owe our species' place in the universe to riggerous, methodical undertakings.

Feeding the trolls is a bad idea but we know these people won't go away if you just ignore them. Clinton isn't the only one with shills.

>muh Chinese conspiracy
Trump never actually said that. Automation had taken more manufactuing jobs from developed countries than outsourcing. It's easier, in our nature, to hate/blame people who look and talk differently than the merciful conveniences of technology.

>Licking Jill Stein's crooked criminal vagoo
Politicians need to commit crimes to get ahead, don't hold her to a standard different than your champion's.

You all know that space is an immense desert and we keep blindly toying with the only known oasis. I don't expect that habit to change any time soon, but JESUS FUCK can we at least do it with our eyes open? Where do you think we are?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3302820/
esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/carbontracker-ch4/
esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/carbontracker-ch4/fluxmaps.php?region=glb&process=agw&quantity=fluxanoms&average=annual&date=2000#imagetable
climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/
science.sciencemag.org/content/289/5477/270
advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/11/e1501923.full
science.sciencemag.org/content/302/5651/1719
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n2/full/nclimate2876.html
nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19082.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n3/full/nclimate1784.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n10/full/nclimate1963.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v4/n11/full/nclimate2397.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n11/full/nclimate3110.html
pnas.org/content/106/38/16120.abstract?sid=e88a32fa-d470-486d-92ea-97bf18db30c9
pnas.org/content/97/4/1406.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/104/14/5743.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can all individuals with a dissenting opinion leave pls?
Typical for climate science

great post, nigger.

you're going to have to work harder at understanding what the scientifical, evolutionary advantage of trump is if you want to hang with us swinging dicks.

> axioms developed through riggerous [sic] testing
Nigga you don't even know the definition of an axiom, and the rest of your post is politically-charged rambling that has no place in this board (no, a single flowery sentence about "toying with an oasis" is not the same as climatology).

Fuck off.

don't toy with my oasis, cuckface

Fuck off cultist retard

Gravity wells are the biggest impediment to stellar civilization.

The future means breaking up the planet into little manageable chunks for more efficient habitation.

Can't wait for Trump to make NASA great again and send us to Mars desu

NAGA

>entitled to my opinion
That's not how science works. Dissent and curiosity are instrumental to a healthy academic atmosphere. However, as in nature, only the most fit hypotheses are allowed reproduce and diversify.

>scientifical
butthurt brainlet detected

god is stronger than science, heathen

blocked

get out

I don't know enough to claim anything on a global scale, but I used to live in a street with lots of trees and now the trees are gone and it's considerably hot, and there are more cars and more noise and it annoys me to live in my own house. I also go to a beach with a nice green mountain on the background. Now there is a phone line cutting through it, as if someone used a hair buzz cutter in the trees and the landscape is garbage. Speaking of garbage, going to a huge dumpster with the school left an impression on me I cannot take back.

In this case in particular, I refer to my personal experience, to the evidence that I see and feel in everyday life that we can transform the environment immensively. I can't speak with precision on how it works that some crops in here can affect the ice in the poles or how the El Niño functions, but it would need some pretty amazing evidence to convince me that a huge monoculture plantation does any good to anyone. Or cutting trees off the street. Or making more cars. Everywhere I go is getting worse.

>8498576
There's nothing wrong with setting high goals, but our outlook as interplanetary species depends on how long we can make this planet last.
Good on him for shaking up the US Fed, but I will argue that the findings of NASA's climate research are more descriptive of the state of the Earth system than prescriptive.

nice chart brut faggot

Anecdotal evidence spurs curiosity, and is a necessary jumping-off point, but you'll need more.

Check these out.
imdb.com/title/tt3302820/
esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/carbontracker-ch4/
esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/carbontracker-ch4/fluxmaps.php?region=glb&process=agw&quantity=fluxanoms&average=annual&date=2000#imagetable
climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/

The prevailing dialogue (in western media) concerning changes in atmospheric composition is centered around automobiles and CO2, but rising methane concentrations are something of a dark horse.

I want to leave the planet you nog, that is why I voted for the candidate who wants to overall increase NASA's funding.

Although travelling to another terra without terraforming would require a wormhole, and a particle accelerator would be better at figuring that out.

Earth is the great people plantation, we always need more people and that is the price we pay.
Trump threatening to cut funding to NASA and climate research is a clever troll to gauge reaction from the AGW cultists, to measure just how dedicated they have become, how deep the programming has sunk in. Truth be told, the AGW biz is fucking enormous and not going anywhere anytime soon.

Lel. IKR? Just because you are atheist doesn't make it acceptable to vote for somebody who literally and not figuratively sacrifices children and eats them. She has fucking Kuru for Christ's sake. She has the mark on her toung, the constant inappropriate laughing, the pnumonia, the collapsing, and the inability to sit or walk without support. Plus with all this pizzagate shit it is pretty much undeniable.

Interesting hypothesis. The public at large certainly seems to be consumed by normality bias.

>That's not how science works, but let me explain to you with improper syntax why that is exactly how science works.

Nice one brainlet.

It's not being de-funded, its funding is being reduced. Climate research is not a sacred cow that must receive ever-greater amounts of money.

>but you'll need more.
More to what? Because I'm convinced with what I see. Perhaps you mean convincing others. But then I'd ask you hos is that going. Because while I think it is an important debate to be had and people should by all means study global climate, if we always resort to that, we'll always be lost on people who don't care or don't know or that can be fooled. A scientist in the field can look at the data and check if it is correct, but a highschool student won't be able to tell and will not only fall for, but reproduce incorrect information. Incorrect not much in the sense of bad data or non-factual, but things that need to be thought over and seen within certain context, information that needs to be interpreted. In other words, the risk is that you have laymen shouting things they don't understand to each other, pro and against it and increasingly thinking their arguments are getting better by testing them on each other. I rather not talk specifics.

I personally have no hopes of anything. I think a lot of people either expect or deny some sort of apocalypse day like in an Emmerich disaster movie. But changes on the environment (or even in politics), man made or not, are much more subtle than that and we are well into it. It's a storm somewhere that affects more of the poor's guy house than the mansion, or some hyped paradise island that soon builds a bigger airport and it starts to grow shitty and gentrified, or people living in bigger buildings with air conditioning and zero sight of the sky and thus growing less considerate of it everyday, or even, "green companies" saying they'll move 10% of their income to some green organization, while they continue to expand with their 90%.

>>science
>>working

science doesn't work. it circle-jerks. engineering works.

Kek, say that again the next time you need brain surgery you fucking retard.

I'll just leave this here for you all to refer back to in case the trumpets pull out the ol'
>muh no evidence

science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6313/aaf7671
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6311/465
science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6293/1517
pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac

>brain surgery

>science

you mean surgery and neurology?

aka neurophysiological engineering?

>next time

there won't be a next time, 'hombre'

fucking websites don't count as evidence, you millenial.

>you mean surgery and neurology
And how do you suppose those came about? Just by themselves? Without being based on what we know learned from neuroscience?

>websites
Well, it's a good thing the links are all to peer reviewed papers then.

>Modern climate change is dominated by human influences, which are now large enough to exceed the bounds of natural variability. The main source of global climate change is human-induced changes in atmospheric composition.
Oh ok I'll take that abstract of a paywalled paper as fact, then.

Were the Roman and Medieval warming periods also anthropogenic?

'dvormvr' has nothing to do with it, we learned how to do that with MICROSCOPES, with SCALPELS, with MISTAKES, and a whole lot of fucking BRAINS. ie 'science' has nothing to do with it.

'peer review' doesn't mean jack shit. at one time 'peer review' would have told you the earth was flat and that jesus would stake your nuts for jerking off. what actually counts is copyrights and patents.

because reality check, if your work is worth a god damn, you don't publish, you conceal.

kek, this is pretty cool bait

>paywalled
Confirmed not from this board.

Use sci hub to get behind the paywall you mongoloid.

>'science' has nothing to do with it.
As a neuroscientist, I'm actually chuckling right now.

>'peer review' doesn't mean jack shit.
>what actually counts is copyrights and patents
>this is how the /pol/tard thinks
Jesus, you guys are even dumber than I though. Those journals are literally the most prestigious scientific journals out there. What are you even doing on the science board?

Nice threadbare climate model on that article.

>when your peers are all in alignment on this one political topic where disagreement ruins you

Nothing you'll ever do help anyone or do anything, you fucking welfare queen. why don't you actually do something instead of pretending to be smart? there are people doing real work out there, unravel ling the secrets of the brain.

>>calls me dumb

>>literally tries to make me think somerthing is true because of 'prestige'

are you a teen girl who thinks that she needs a career in science because she dissected a frog in 10th grade bio without turning green like from a charlie brown cartoon?

grow the fuck up, and stop getting memed the hard so fuck out of like as been with "prestige and peers", are you a cocksucker?

>Nothing you'll ever do help anyone or do anything, you fucking welfare queen. why don't you actually do something instead of pretending to be smart? there are people doing real work out there, unravel ling the secrets of the brain.
And then there's you, shitposting on Veeky Forums. I gotta get back to work, have a nice life.

That's quite an impressive list of papers. Fuckin saved.

>work

pic related.

>grow the fuck up
Sweet lord, the irony.

nice in depth one sentence replay, smartass.

>smartass
You're goddamn right I am.

trumpcucks can't even deal with a paywall and then expect to be taken seriously in a discussion about science

get cucked shitlords

trump

>sciencefags think they're smarter than trump
>trump has an IQ of 156
>accomplishes more in a day than they'll accomplish in their LIFE

o i am lafin

>>trump has an IQ of 156
We're smart enough to not gobble up horse shit like that.

Oh well, all we have to endure is four years. Hopefully Trump gets killed or not voted in again for a second term. Hopefully the house and senate get new people in office two years from now.

Are we being raided by /pol/ again? By just going through this thread there's obviously a number of people here who clearly don't know anything about science.

Lol, that is according to intelligence researchers at Harvard.

Your precious libtard Obummer has an IQ of 105 XD

>once chance to achieve interstellar manifest destiny
>born in the same taxon as these faggots
>mfw

It may come as a surprise to (You), but the anthropogenic nature of these observations isn't nearly as politicized outside of the The United States. But then again, we are one of the largest markets for gasoline and other refined petroleum products.

IQ is a meme you dip, just like your beloved "god emperor"

>It may come as a surprise to (You), but the anthropogenic nature of these observations isn't nearly as politicized outside of the The United States. But then again, we are one of the largest markets for gasoline and other refined petroleum products.
It's no mistake that the issue is politicized in the most powerful nation in the world. It's very much intentional and plays a strong role in keeping the cash flowing to the oil companies.

if you're so much smarter than trump, why don't YOU become president after making billions?

climate change presents the best opportunity in history for the united states to solidify it's position as the sole superpower, as it will wreak devastation on most of the other nations, and overpopulation is a thing anyways.

climate change is GOOD for those who are adaptable. we encourage and force climate change to occur through technology such as HAARP.

honestly, will we lose ANYTHING of value through equatorial shitholes? nope, it'll actually open up more pasture land for us.

suck it, faggots, we're making the planet kill you.

San was a shit waifu and Mononoke was one of Ghibli's worst movies

>the fossil record shows 5 mass extinctions associated with the geochemical signature of rapid fluxes in atmospheric composition but it's okay because this one will only kill niggers

>what is the difference between humans and animals

looking at you, nothing.

She's Earth's waifu you Australopithecus.

(OP)
Lol. Let the butthurt flow. There's no evidence of anthropic CC.

>>climate change presents the best opportunity in history for the united states to solidify it's position as the sole superpower, as it will wreak devastation on most of the other nations, and overpopulation is a thing anyways.

That's an incredibly myopic and human-centric view. Right now hundreds of species, especially in the ocean, are dying off from the temp changes that've already taken place. Letting that continue will kill off significant portions of the planet's non-human life, directly or indirectly, and eventually that's going to bite us in the ass because it's eventually going to come around and devastate our own food chain, and not even the world's most developed nations are going to cope with that well.

Also, I'm an amerifat, contrary to your last line's implications.

The earth has awful tastes then and clearly deserves to have its atmosphere turned into an oven

Enjoy your soon to be affordable taxes to pay for natural disaster relief funds, amerifat.

>There is absolutely no evidence that humans are having any impact on the climate whatsoever
So which part of the greenhouse gas effect is false?

Enjoy your soon to be unaffordable taxes to pay for natural disaster relief funds, amerifat.

>natural disaster relief funds
Good, we're gonna need them.

>your scientific evidence doesn't count because it's science
How do you mongoloids not fall down more

literally who gives a fuck? animals aren't worth shit, they're not even people. and not even people are worth shit, for the most part.

plants and animals will eventually and gradually be replaced with biotechnology, a much tidier and more efficient solution.

you have zero scientific reasons to consider animal life valuable.

uh, i guess you haven't heard. Trump has essentially been elected dictator - he controls the entire government in a way that has never been seen before in our nations. he can amend the constitution unilaterally. and he has made it abundantly clear, the US is NO LONGER GIVING AID OUT. not military aid, not economic aid, not humanitarian aid. end of story. in fact, we will be demanding tribute from nations for aid we've given in the past, and with the new alliance between US, russia, china, and britain, there is quite literally nothing that can stop us from doing whatever we please.

Real talk anthropogenic influence over the climate cycle is mostly bullshit but I tend to support environmentalism and deep ecology in general anyways because the more resources left to nature the less resources going to subsidizing niggers.

why not focusing on creating the ontological shift in our culture that will lead to an acceptance of the need to exterminate non-whites through any means necessary, including soft methods such as eugenic bioengineering?

>mostly bullshit

I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.

Its a red herring anyways, co2 is not the droids you're looking for.

The amount of co2 you'd need to remove from the atmosphere to actually cause a blip on the deep geological cycle of climate change is more than the amount of co2 you'd need to remove to kill all plant life on earth.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

>anthropogenic influence over the climate cycle is mostly bullshit
>deep ecology in general

I don't suppose you brought citations..

You should be gassed

when will you learn that no one gives a fuck about 'peer review' except gullible schmucks?

>riggerous
>riggerous

>deep geological cycle
>muh-lankovitch
>procession of the equinox

These play out over spans of time too great to explain the last 70+ years of meteorological data.

>doesn't know we're gassing the whole planet

-and it only took team Dump 67 posts to notice.

>literally who gives a fuck? animals aren't worth shit, they're not even people. and not even people are worth shit, for the most part.
I remember when I used to be bitter and edgy like that. If you're so unimportant you wouldn't mind if I killed you and your loved ones right?

and people like that are in charge of the united states now...

I think AGW is real.

I also think climate preachers are utterly retarded. They're all so focused on 'proving it' as though that's some means to an end.

AGW is a technological problem without real solutions currently. People will not accept airplanes to stop flying and ships to stop sailing. They will not prioritize some scientific modeling of the climate 200 years from now over their immediate economic and societal needs. They will not willingly collectively suffer for some imagined future that has no guarantee. Yelling about Big Oil and evil Republicans shows how absolutely pie in the sky scientists and libtards thinking is. The means to transition to the kind of theoretically environmentally friendly fantasy world they envision DOES NOT EXIST right now.

IF the science is to believed, carbon neutrality is pretty much meaningless at this point. Net negative carbon output would be required to return to whatever state is deemed equilibrium. Given that carbon neutrality is a total fucking daydream in the industrialized and developing world, all the yelling about solar panels and carbon taxes is the equivalent of shrieking banshees. None of those are actually meaningful solutions, just 'feel good' measures.

MAJOR technological innovations and changes are needed to both supplant fossil fuels and at the same time cater to humanities increasing demands. That kind of complete technological revolution has nearly nothing to do with whoever happens to be in political office right now. If Donald Trump spent $10 trillion on fighting AGW and held rifles to every scientists head goading them on, it'd have no appreciable affect technologically, to say nothing of the social effects.

Maybe it's just not possible. Maybe humans have outgrown the planet, and the only real solution is a massive killing off of the population. I hope not, but let's get real here. Appreciate the scale of what 'Global' means.

you're so smart that you aren't aware that people place value on some things and not other things, lol. are you autistic? this is a symptom of autism.

see, i do not care about penguins. i do care about myself. i do care about my family. are you some kind of retarded psychopath, that you actually literally think that these have any equivalencies or that people feel this way?

you're a dumb hippy, is what you are.

It's science. Get educated, faggot.

you literally think on the level of a medieval catholic serf. your mind is made of magazine covers.

>posting on the science board
>gets mad when someone posts science
yeah, and I'm the medieval one?

>People will not accept airplanes to stop flying and ships to stop sailing.
And nobody's asking for that. What's being asked for are cars, trucks, planes, and ships that aren't so dirty. It's a reasonable request that's well within reach and is happening anyway, but could happen much more quickly with proper funding.

>hurr durr autism durr

>i do care about myself. i do care about my family. are you some kind of retarded psychopath, that you actually literally think that these have any equivalencies or that people feel this way?
Your opinions and feelings don't matter, nobody gives a fuck about you or your loved ones. You're unimportant, you're a parasite on society and you're bringing us down. Hope you get swept up by a hurricane for population control.

>this is how you sound
Don't like it? Don't be a hypocrite then. Accept that you are useless trash like everyone else who only deserves death and be cool with it.

>your mind is made of magazine covers
kek, even the /pol/tard's insults are retarded

We could be switching to nuclear if we really wanted to fight it but of course both sides hate it for different reasons and sometimes the same reasons.

We could be switching to actual solar panels that do work and are a net gain and with serious investments and no need to compete with other energy sources could provide even developed countries with power. Even a small investment now would give you the return of the climate being a bit less fucked when we research actual countermeasures. Solar panels are developing from year to year and people said German won't ever manage to reach 10% of renewable power. Most of the ever increasing needs of humanity are wasted energy and civil engineering failures like lack of public transport.

"posts science".

listen to yourself.

oh, so we go from being unable to make value judgements, to making secondary and tertiary value judgement based on your opinions about fucking pandas?

literal autism, "hurr care abut muh trees muh pandas or nobody cares about you"

where were you when you realized that sci is basically /b/ but people want more attention and to be liked?

it's like a fucking sorority in here. i can smell your vagina from through my computer. scatterbrain attention whores who rave about buzzwords and believe whatever celebrities say.

lmfao

One of the surest and most essential tests of a theory is the accuracy of its predictions.

Models created by agw cultists have consistently failed in their predictions as years are reached and roll on past.

>listen to yourself.
I already did. You should try too.

HAH!

It's fucking unbelievable actually, but hey. What people here and probably Trump himself don't realise is the fact that the NASA Earth Sciences and everything related to remote sensing science are the best on this planet. ESA is stepping up their game with Copernicus (not THAT far behind in the end), China is beginning to invest, Japan/JAXA is a step behind ESA simply due to budget. And now the US wants to give this away? The brilliant synergy between the space exploration part and the earth sciences have made many a mission a success, but it is now to be thrown out because apparently the Chinks created the fake climate change?

Well, I'm involved in a few ESA projects and I guess this might be better for us in the long run if more American businesses flock to us, but I just shake my head at why you would willingly give away that business and science advantage.

A shame, really.

>oh, so we go from being unable to make value judgements, to making secondary and tertiary value judgement based on your opinions about fucking pandas?
All I say is you should be consistent

>it's like a fucking sorority in here. i can smell your vagina from through my computer. scatterbrain attention whores who rave about buzzwords and believe whatever celebrities say.
cute lol, you're pathetic

most people lurk here because we're science enthusiasts or students. lurking interesting threads and the occasional kek

you clearly aren't, you obviously came here just to shitpost. and for what? you're not gonna convince anyone here. how long are you gonna keep trying? and to what end?

you could be out having fun but instead you're getting all worked and it's pointless. you gotta reevaluate your life man. seriously.