Highest Calorie Density to Volume of Food ?

What is the highest calorie food to volume of food in ur humble opinion?

Butter

Opinion? There is no opinion here, only facts.
Pure fat is the most calorie dense. Butter is only 80% fat, so its not butter.
Perhaps lard, shortening, or some other form of oil. Since you are going by volume, then it would be whichever fat has the highest bulk density, I dont know offhand which one that is.

oil. p. much all about the same caloric density

pure sugar. anything fat, like butter, isn't dense in calories because your body can't take more than a limited amount of fat at a time, and shit the rest undigested. Sugar is way better digester.

a slurry of sugar and oil

In the first antarctic expeditions, they would pack mostly pure oil and crackers to eat. Mainly due to the calorie density.

Everclear.

Moron.

this is a problem that is often tackled by long distance hikers, because they want to carry as many calories as while minimizing weight/volume.

Cake frosting or snack cakes if you want raw calories, Pemmican (shredded beef jerky mixed with lard and berries) if you want some semblance of nutrition.

You can smash a honey bun to the size of a timbit/donut hole. Thats a 230 calorie donut hole.

Drink a quart of oil every day and talk to me in a month.

Lentils gotta be up there

on polar expeditions they take many many pounds of butter to help them keep their calorie intake high so I would Imagine anything like that is probably what you want

Speaking from personal experience, he is right that drinking straight oil as a meal replacer will fuck your digestion something else.

I thought that was going to be the dumbest thing I'd read in this thread, then I read
Fuck you talking about?

Stand by my statement m8. I dont really consider butter or oil as a source of food..

You're absolutely ignorant. Your gut has evolved over literally billions of years to extract every possible nutrient it can get out of what you put in it

Go ahead, eat a pound of butter tonight and see if you get steatorrhea in the middle of the night

surely a highly reduced sugar syrup has more calories than oil in terms of volume (not weight).

A cup of honey or maple syrup will have ~1000kcal, while a cup of peanut oil will have ~2000kcal

fat is 9cal/gram, carbs are 4

Im ignorant but you're telling me to eat a lb of butter?

Well im outta here fatty.

I like coconut oil. Not sure if it's the most dense, but at $20/gal at Costco and has 117 calories per tbsp, it probably one of the most cost effective sources of calories you can buy on the market. That's $20 for ~30,000 calories worth of oil.

Clarified butter to get rid of the water weight. Blubber if you can get your hands on it.

/thread

you're the one saying you can't absorb it and I'm telling you to run an experiment at home so you can find out how wrong you are because clearly you aren't listening to reasonable arguments

>it probably one of the most cost effective sources of calories you can buy on the market. That's $20 for ~30,000 calories worth of oil.

It's got more than twice the calorie density of sugar, but costs a lot more per volume or per calorie. According to your calcs, $1 of coconut oil buys 1500 calories (30000/$20).

$1 of sugar buys 3514 calories, if my math is right. Using Walmart's Great Value brand, 4 pounds for $2, and googling suggests 773 calories per 200 grams.

Googling "sugar nutrition" and "coconut oil nutrition" and using Google's nutrition calculator to compare a cup of each, a cup of sugar has 773 calories, a cup of coconut oil has 1879 calories.

Foie gras

>this triggers the poor

weight vs volume

honey or maple syrup isn't that reduced though

>20 to 50 litres of sap into one litre of syrup
>not reduced

Nigga.

See but you're taking the slightly-sugarized watery sap, so it's already diluted.

Making syrup is just like reconcentrating it.

>You can smash a honey bun to the size of a timbit/donut hole. Thats a 230 calorie donut hole.

Why was this so funny...

The -=BEST=- peanut butter there is. Dutch Calvé peanut butter. If you've ever tried this, the US-style smooth peanut butter just tasted like acidic broth with peanut extract.

Plus, aside of being calorie-rich, it's actually not that bad for you.

McDouble

This. Fat is the most calorically dense nutrient per gram, so having a 100% fat food would be the limit to how calorically dense something could be.

You´re probably right when it comes to pretein density. Calories, not so much.

kanker lekker joh

refried beans