Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/roof-top-grill-louisville
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sof drink

>A1 Jamaican restaurant
>rice and peas
>Barely any peas (beans)

Kinda jelly though.

They use pigeon peas and this photo wasnt too great I guess. When I feel lke a fat ass, I order a side of rice and peas, and ask for a cup of oxtail gravy. amazing stuff.

kool, sof

come on man

Curried goat done right is gods gift to hungry men.
Grab some kallaloo and put in omlet with a lil jerk pork om nom nom ygm

>Curry goat+ Oxtail
That sounds fantastic

You didn't mention the plantains! Those are so fuggin good.

A Jamaican beef patty sandwich is maximum comfy drunk food.

Yummers!

OP, try your special order like this...
Jerk pork with side of escavitch
red bean soup w/ side of rice, pour over that escavitch
anything with pumpkin or plantain or boiled dumplings
Hard dough or coco bread

I know that feel. Part of what I love about where I live is that it's a heavily immigrant place, so I get to try all kinds of food from other countries. Jamaicans, Trinis and Dominicans are well represented, and I love Caribbean food. Curry goat and oxtails are good as fuck, but they're also salty as fuck and will make you fat as fuck if you indulge on a regular basis. I only eat that stuff a few times a year, and relish every bite.

Curry goat and oxtail are both amazing. Really good jerk is pretty hard to beat too though.

Cmon OP when i say rice you say peeeeeea!

rice and....?

Florida?

Kola champagne is delicious you charlatan

I had oxtail and some of those deep fried pies at yelp.com/biz/roof-top-grill-louisville a few months ago. Oxtail was kind of salty but I think I could eat their meat pies for days, so good.

*goat curry

It's proper Bo !

Mannish water

>meat pies
>not calling them patties

Midwesterners, I swear...

Forgive him, his taste is good so we shouldn't fault him for the fucked up lingo he grew with

I should be calling them pasties because that's what they are. Brits brought em to Jamaica.

Oxtail is amazing. I visited Florida and ate a couple times at a place called Dutch Pot. I wish they had something like it here (Austin, TX)

Am I a pleb for disliking the way they chop the meat into itty-bitty pieces, smashing the bones into millions of glass-like shards?

No, but that's sort of unavoidable

Jerk chicken chilling in the fridge currently, say, /ck, what is a good Jamaican side dish I could cook besides rice and peas ?

Fried Yucca
Bami
Boiled green banana

Thanks, I'm going to give Bammy a try.

THA OOGLE BOOGLE

C'MON SAY IT WID ME NOW, OOHHHHHH KAYYYYYYY

Jerk da ting MAD wit boiled plaintain

A Caribbean restaurant actually opens up here next week or so. I need that jerk pork.