Intelligence Signalling

>tfw normies don't understand how smart you actually are
>tfw can't impress girls either

Is intelligence masked from outsiders for an evolutionary reason?
What's the best way to signal your scientific knowledge and high IQ to others? It's not fair how athletes can signal so easily with their sculpted-buff physiques...it's specially good for attracting a mate.
But girls will never know how big our brains actually are and how densely packed are neural-networks are compared to others.

And before anyone says "just repeat theorems and facts to them" this doesn't actually work, they'll think you're Sheldon from the Big Bang theory and think you have autism.

>What's the best way to signal your scientific knowledge and high IQ to others?
lol fuck off brainlet, real high IQ people don't care about what the mundanes think.

Nigga just let it come naturally.
Your image should be built on experiences and [insert something inspirational], not insecurity you bloated faggot.

>"What's the best way to signal your scientific knowledge and high IQ to others?"
nobody cares, not even inside the STEM circle

>"But girls will never know how big our brains actually are and how densely packed are neural-networks are compared to others."
>"It's not fair..."
you are weak

maybe if you make enough money, some witch will deign to let you spend it all on her in exchange for a grainy picture of her feet

>lol fuck off brainlet, real high IQ people don't care about what the mundanes think.
Your cliche idea about what high IQ people should care about only shows how retarded you are.
A high IQ person might as well be interested only in the way the grass grows in his backyard and you couldn't do shit about it so kill yourself.

>not insecurity
Insecurity buzzword. Nice, he never said anything about insecurity, but whatever makes your retarded brain happy, I guess.

Can you believe that we actually share a board with these retards ?

>Is intelligence masked from outsiders for an evolutionary reason?

You're the smart one. You tell us.

What makes you think high intelligence should be impressive to girls?

Look at it this way: what function do scientists and engineers have in society?

Support. You make the world slightly more comfortable for normal people. By improving waffle makers and antihistamines. You're servants. Ugly ones with no social skills.

Nobody wants to fuck that.

You might literally be the most insipid and ingrateful person in existence. If you are just pretending to be, then congratulations.

The best way to signal is to have a good job, good money, and have lots of accomplishments. Having completely untapped talents is a sign of not having any ambition, which is not very attractive.

FUCK!

It's true, 100,000 years of tribal natural selection makes it so. Society structure is never going to change.
Post saved.

>What makes you think high intelligence should be impressive to girls?
This. Why would women, who are mostly dumb, find high intelligence attractive ? Opposites don't attract, that's bullshit, why would a highly intelligent person even want a relationship since most of the potential partners you'll find, even in college, are dumb millennial sluts ?

IMO bitches love social status, sense of humor above anything else. Both of which should come easy for """intelligent""" people.
You could easily use your intelligence to improve your social status. Bitches are intelligent enough to realize the difference between the lifestyle afforded by $100K and $50K.
Bitches love witty people. Coming up with witty lines is very often a exercise in creative abstraction and spontaneity (very much similar to solving a math problem). Just don't set your standards for humor too high. Blurt out whatever you think sounds funny. There is a very high probability that bitches lap it up.

You are probably not as smart as you think you are.

By being the person who helps others with their goals, unconditionally.

Showing off with your skills, talents, you might require intelligent to reach a point where you are good with something, but that is irrelevant, non beneficial to others really.

whenever I talk to now people they usually burst out "you're really smart!" suddenly when I give insight to some of their problems. Your problem is probably that you're not interested in their problems and you want them to understand yours. If you give a new angle to something they have already though about they will be impressed by it.

There's an easier way to attract a mate, you said it yourself OP.

Work out.

Inb4
>too intelligent to lift
>why waste time at the gym when I could be getting smarter

OP, people like you are a facet of the mechanism which is causing human civilization to grow more and more regressive by the year.

If you want to signal how intelligent you are, kill yourself in a vain attempt to save the species from dealing with any more of your toxic thoughts.

/thread

An intelligent person hides their true abilities.

KE FUCKING K
>user I told you to submit quality work not this BULLSHIT
>get fired
>kekek he doesn't know I was hiding my true intelligence

>hey man by any chance do you know the time?
>he's asking me for the time
>he doesn't know how to tell time by orbital position like me kek
>nope
>battle won

If a boat is sinking, the intelligent person has the knowledge to save all the people abroad, why hide your potential to save all of them?
We fight to see tomorrow anyways.

Just because your mom keeps telling you how smart you are, doesn't make you a genius, you retard.

>What's the best way to signal your scientific knowledge and high IQ to others? It's not fair how athletes can signal so easily with their sculpted-buff physiques...it's specially good for attracting a mate. But girls will never know how big our brains actually are and how densely packed are neural-networks are compared to others.

One answer. Wealth. Making $200-300/yr signals intelligence to women. They aren't interested in STEM intelligence, thats for betas, virgins and asocials.

They want business-minded intelligence, ones that require men to figure out how to make lots and lots of money a year.

This is a troll thread right? Nobody is this retarded.

If other people don't think of you as intelligent, chances are, you're not intelligent.

The Bing Bang theory really fucked up our chances with their false memes about scientists. Fuck that show. I hate it so much. Although I have a gf, many girls fall for those memes.

>Be in good shape
>Dress well
>Socially conduct yourself in an engaging manner
>Have social skills
>Be pleasant - or, at the least, not unpleasant - to be around
>Be independently wealthy (stocks, properties, etc.)

What, none of that sounds like intelligence? Consider this: the above attributes give you a definite advantage no matter what you're doing in life. Meanwhile if you're fat or weak, look like shit, and talk like a sperg, well, those are genuine hindrances to even the most basic of tasks. Realizing this is the most immediate and effective way to display intelligence. Also consider that achieving any/all of the above DOES in fact require an above-average level of intellect to do well. Eating the right foods, being able to read social cues, knowing how to manage wealth, you think those just happen with no study?

Then once they see you've got your shit together and are a rather well-rounded person, that's when you display your basic math/science literacy and convince them you're some sort of genius. And they will believe it because they don't know what an actual genius would be doing, and genius comes in all forms, etc. etc.

Look how dumb these people are in this picture, wtf is wrong with them

It's not that it's masked. It's just that lesser intelligence is incapable of grasping greater intelligence.

It's very much like a dog trying to understand what humans talk about.

And yeah there is nothing normies hate more than fact-spouting autists. Avoid specifics. Speak exclusively in generals. This will make you sound "wise" rather than annoyingly "nerdy".

>looking at yik yak
>ever
you only have yourself to blame

This is wrong. Women definitely find intelligence attractive. But only if you are not horribly disfigured (i.e. look like a nerd) and only if your intelligence has helped you gain high social status/money.

only way: get 4 gpa and 300k a year

Really intelligent people write good books, have good ideas, compose good song and create good inventions. If you only know how to repeat things that really intelligent people discovered then you are not really intelligent.

Because it could get you labelled a wizard by the stupid people and gets you burned at the stake. Better hide what you can do, hop the ship and swim for someplace you would be better appreciated.

You don't get to know which are good because the first thing to get twisted is the knowledge of who has done what and if it is any good.

People simply are not allowed to know what is good, except for what is selected by media companies.

So just give up and drink beer.

>tfw you'll never work for the CIA then Goldman Sachs

>Actually wanting to be an errand boy.

Well I figured out I'm not able to do anything smart so might as well make money monitoring those who can.

If you were really smart, you'd know lots of things - among them being how to recognize other really smart people, how to recognize people who are even smarter than you are, and how to let other smart people know your approximate intelligence level. It's pretty nice.

I bet you are the same as the ones whining about pirates being "parasites", while leeching off the same peoples brains for your masters.

Hah how ironic.

If you were really smart you would be smart enough to hide your smartness level.

>claims to be intelligent
>doesn't know basic positive psychology

>And before anyone says "just repeat theorems and facts to them" this doesn't actually work, they'll think you're Sheldon from the Big Bang theory and think you have autism.
Anyone who says that or actually does that DOES have autism.

It's really simple. Just being really intelligent isn't worth much. It doesn't matter to the opposite sex and it doesn't matter much in life, either. But being intelligent AND being motivated to apply it pays off hugely. Start a company or climb the corporate ladder. Make lots of money and develop some power in the business world. You will have more attention from females than you can handle. Unfortunately, most of it will be a bad kind of attention, because they just want your money. But you do get to have a lot of sex, and if you have a little "street smarts" in addition to your massive book smarts, it's not too hard to play the game and avoid being scammed.

Why would you want them to know you and like you? Then they'd just bother you more meaning you'd have less time doing what you love.

I don't get it
Ones a sperm dumpster and the other is an angsty emo cutter... so it's just Veeky Forums users using a different app?

This is what happens if you put angsty low IQ people in charge of the monitoring.

I understood the true motive behind this post and laughed accordingly.

Correct. A person with any modicum of intelligence will never need to "convince" others he is intelligent. OP has outed himself as a drooling moron.

Vonbrauns is a pedophile, don't believe his claims.

>not wanting to be a spy then an investment banker after

What's the difference between a "nerd" and a person who is passionate about learning in terms of looks?

>What makes you think high intelligence should be impressive to girls?Look at it this way: what function do scientists and engineers have in society? Support. You make the world slightly more comfortable for normal people. By improving waffle makers and antihistamines. You're servants. Ugly ones with no social skills.Nobody wants to fuck that.

shit man you just triggered the fuck out of all these dudes.

Samefag highschool dropout. How's minimum wage treating you?

>Samefag highschool dropout. How's minimum wage treating you?

The BSCE led to a comfy office job with good salary and bennies actually.

You realize we all know you're bitter about your own failure to be smart and get a good job right?

>STEM
Wageslave trash tier. Why don't you go design a traffic cone for your chad bosses?

Where does the op claim he is intelligent?

From my experience of grad school (and life in general), the harder somebody tries to appear intelligent, the less intelligent they appear.

The guys that were unanimously considered intelligent by the rest of the class were the guys that kept quiet, said 'I'm not sure' a lot and then got good highest marks in the class. These were the guys that generally had their shit together, and a lot of the time you wouldn't even realise just how switched on they were until half way through the year when you had to work with them.

The ones that tried to 'prove' their intelligence were generally seen as irritations, and not intelligent at all.

>It's not fair how athletes can signal so easily with their sculpted-buff physiques
>it's not fair that something that took hard work, signals good health actually does signal some intelligence is so easy for people that worked hard at it but I didn't work hard at all and want to complain that I can't
ok

>why would a highly intelligent person even want (...) dumb millennial
Because, user, dumb people are easy to maintain. I bet you wouldn't be able to handle even a moderately intelligent partner. For that you'd need to have some decent social skills and not be an autist like you.

quads of truth

I actually laughed at this. 9/11 m8!

High intelligence is a turn off. Be glad you can't signal it.

Congratulations, you're still unattractive.

>quads
Wot

from my experience intelligence appears to be disliked by other individuals for fear of being out-competed. Lesser individuals will often discourage the intelligent in the hopes of stifling their chances of breeding.

ie: girls are attracted to high social status, not intelligence.

Intelligence is an attractive quality. Being a sperg isn't.

People in general are attracted to used potential, not potential. If you have brainpower and don't actively use it, you may as well not have it. People with muscular power are going to at least passively make use of their muscles even if they aren't going around lifting shit to impress people since their musculature shapes their appearance, but you generally don't get that perk with intellectual power. There is literally nothing else to say.

Also the "just repeat theorems and facts to them" totally works for philosophy if you manage to wiggle into the subject, as long as you can say something beyond "we must imagine mr boulder roller as happy".

This, I've been hitting the gym for about a month now to gain confidence. Its worth the 1 hr every day.

i bet you're too intelligent to lift too
fucking brainlets

>But girls will never know how big our brains actually are and how densely packed are neural-networks are compared to others.
Just crack your skull open and walk around with your brain exposed.

is it possible to replace your skull and cranial skin with a transparent plastic?

just keep a folder with your IQ test results/STEM degree and brain-scans and show them off to girls you open when you do PUA

>Tapped talent fallacy.

Yes. This is it. Why I pretend to fail. Because then women finally let me alone. And I completely love to be alone tinkering with my tech stuff.

Would be cool if you could put LEDs in the plastic shell highlighting different areas. #unusuallycreepyusesofarduino

If you were truly intelligent women would never be a problem.

You're at fault for using YikYak.

That app is mostly a trash heap for horny fuckbois.