Bulletproof coffee

Bulletproof coffee.

Do you drink it? Would you? Do you like it?

For those of you who don't know, bulletproof coffee:

1 cup good quality coffee
2 tsp great quality butter
1 tsb coconut oil

Blend everything untill frothy (just mixing it with a spoon won't do the trick).

Milk to taste, sweeteners to taste.

Recipes vary, the original one should have just grass fed butter and pure MTC oil, nothing sweetening is and no milk, but people have been drinking it in different ways.

It was inspired by tibetian monks who would drink coffee with yak's milk.

And it's FRIGGIN DELICIOUS.

It can easily substitute breakfast and it keeps you full for 2-3 hours, boosts your metabolism, wakes you up and is basically amazing.

it's basically just fat, how can it substitute a meal

>boosts your metabolism

Because calories.

>keeps you full

Do you know how pathetic it is when intellectuals like myself see peasants like you coordinate your diet based on "it keeps you full for 2-3 hours"

It's butter and coconut oil. No one in their right mind would start off their day with a shit load of fat. Where the hell is the protein?

had this after this girl i was into kept raving about it (without actually trying it but she sent me a buzzfeed video about it and kept talking about it)

i was skeptical as hell but i figured i would try it because she was attractive and i let vaginas influence my decisions sometimes and this was hardly a big deal so whatever

it was easily the worst cup of coffee i had ever tasted in my entire life, i would have rather had the coffee black than with that shit in it, and i despise black coffee because i am a manchild who can't enjoy coffee without cream/milk and sugar. holy fuck that coffee was fucking DISGUSTING, i wonder how often the creators of that stupid abortion they call "bulletproof coffee" or "butter coffee" laugh at retards like me for trying it, and i wonder how much this girl i was talking to was paid by buzz feed to get people to try it. it was fucking horrendous. -10/10, would recommend the exact opposite, wouldn't even jokingly recommend this retarded coffee concoction to people i hated

Coconut oil

Butter

>Boosts metabolism

?????

OP, black.coffee helps to boost your.metabolic rate... not bullet coffee.

I do get a proper breakfast with protein and veggies after about 2 hours. I can't stomach real food in the morning, so I wake up, drink the coffee, start working, then I eat a normal breakfast after some time.

I know it's not nutritious and all the rest of my meals are properly balanced.

So I feel like I'm good. This works for me.

tried it, the fat made me sick, will never drink it again.

I often have a small square of peanut butter fudge with my black coffee this is basically the same.

Yeah, no. But it does sound delicious.

i mean.. i LOVE black coffee. the day i realized how good it was black was the day i wanted to go back in time and re-drink every cup of coffee i ever had with cream in it.

But i LOVE butter in oat meal. people put milk in.. they are missing out.

Maybe ill try butter tomorrow in my coffee.

don't do it you are going to make a mistake

Make sure to blend it untill it's frothy and no fat is visible.

I love black coffee too, espresso is my go-to type of drinking it, but I also like the buttery taste of the bulletproof.

>because i am a manchild who can't enjoy coffee without cream/milk and sugar

That's all I needed to read before I disregarded your post.

Anyway, I put 1/2 tbsp of kerrygold's irish butter into a hot cup and whip it into a frenzy. Cuts down on the bitterness in french presses. I don't use it in drip coffee though.

I personally don't feel as jittery when I add butter to the coffee.

>sugary is the same as fat

stupid

How do you make it exactly? Do you brew the coffee first and then pour it hot into a blender with the butter? Seems like a pain to whip out the blender just to make one cup.

Then explain how you turned out so fat while your mom is so sugary

I absolutely hate bulletproof coffee because it became a huge meme on /int/ to make fun of Americans when it was just some obscure shit at the time. It's still obscure, as I've never seen or heard of anyone actually drinking coffee with butter in it.

I like butter in my coffee every once in a while, but if you actually buy that guy's bulletproof coffee beans, kill yourself

"muh protein"
The amount of fucking protein that a normal person needs is something like 50grams a day.
you dont actually needs protein in every meal famalam

There's no scientific evidence available to suggest drinking that much saturated fat in the morning has any positive impact on the human body.

DYEL manlet detected

>It can easily substitute breakfast and it keeps you full for 2-3 hours, boosts your metabolism, wakes you up and is basically amazing.
What more clickbait headlines do you know pertaining the subject?

It's bullshit coffee hailed like a Jesus' comeback for no reason at all.

Well, i tried it. it was not as gross as i expected, but its nothing I'm going to do on a regular basis. Or probably ever again.
>black coffee for the win.

I prefer coffee cheese.

Let me explain something to you, pal

A twink 90lb trap probably needs around 50g, but for everyone else that isn't a weak idiot, you should be consuming at least 3x more to promote a more favorable body composition (strong, muscular, etc....)

not only that

but research has shown that the body prefers to oxidize excess protein as opposed to storing it as fat since the conversion into lipids is much more involved than it would be if you were to eat fat or carbohydrates. consumed in moderation, they are also great for promoting satiety and have the added side effect of preventing your piss poor weak body from cannibalizing itself as you get older

i can't imagine how pathetic of a specimen a person that consumes 50g protein/daily must be IRL

They do this in the Caribbean.

But not these proportions, which are vague to say the least.

One shot of espresso or 50ml of brew cannot hold much fat.

I've seen both butter and coconut oil used in coffee or hot chocolate, but much more sparingly, and with no claim that it is nourishing, only to add texture and taste. And this is when it's a cultural thing.

It's not bad at all, especially in hot chocolate, but I wouldn't drink an emulsified Americano with that much oil and butter in it, its not appealing.

>butter
>coconut oil
>milk
milk + fat is just cream

it fits my keto but I already get enough fat and I can also have heavy cream in my coffee

To maintain the muscle mass of an average person i meant, it's not like the average person gives a fuck about building muscle mass.

And i of course mean complete protein

I tried it once, but I didn't like it. It wasn't disgusting or anything. I also tried something I saw where you drop an egg yolk in. Also not very good. I'm sticking with half and half or steamed milk.

I tried it.

It tastes like awful buttery coffee and gave me heartburn.

Isn't the point that the fat absorbs some of the caffeine and helps release it into your body gradually during the day? It might also help extract extra caffeine from the roast

The point is to take something that people have been drinking for centuries (butter tea from tibet and mongolia) and modify it just enough that you can trademark it for profit

get out of here, Joe

Nice broscience

Your kidneys sure love it

I like it because it's creamy and tastes good, keeps me full, but I don't like the dude who decided to rename it bulletproof coffee and make money off of it.

> boosts your metabolism

lmao

yeah I bought into the hype and essentially paid $50 for bullshit coffee that was hard to finish. it gets fucking gross with the butter and oil.

Tried it this morning.

Kept me full for roughly 2.5 hours I guess. The taste wasn't anything amazing - not bad, but not worth the $6. I'll stick with a soy cappuccino.

Grass fed butter is a lovely addition every now and then. I think our microflora like it.

Better yet, buy a big glass jug of grass fed milk and take the big ol plug of milkman on top and snort it, I mean put it in coffee.

Plug of milk fat*

>Make sure to blend it untill it's frothy and no fat is visible.

This is the key.

If any of you live in the Silicon Valley, you'll know that this is basically what Philz Coffee is.

They use Commercial Heavy whipping cream which is like, half fat, shake it up until it's frothy, and add to coffee.

It makes the coffee so fucking good.

Fat + coffee is good. Do it!

Woo. The vlend of broscience and real science is perfection here.

Kys/10

>No one in their right mind would start off their day with a shit load of fat. Where the hell is the protein?

This.

Sounds fucking stupid as shit.

No proteins, no nutrients, no complex carbs, just fats and simple sugars......what a great idea for a meal guise!

>butter in coffee
Do Americans really do this?

>carbs
>sugar
Hi retard

Yes! Really, we do!

But typically we mix the butter with equal cream cheese and bacon grease before putting it in the coffee, we then add syrup to top it off and add a gooey consistency!

This is the common beverage for 2nd and 5th breakfast

>simple
>complex

Right back at you Mr. Downs.

is this bait

>not drinking French press black coffee
Shit taste and you should all feel bad.

Recommend a good French press.

/thread

Idiot pleb, grow up.

Bodum

What makes it bulletproof?
Is it non-newtonian coffee?

I can't eat food in the morning either. I feel like I'm full until like eleven o' clock, to the point that it's quite hard to get stuff down. How would I go about "growing up" and ridding myself of this? I'd like to eat food in the morning.

Try eating less in the hours before you go to bed. I find that if I eat a lot of food before bedtime I wakeup without wanting to eat breakfast and it screws me later in the day once I realize I haven't eaten in 12 hours.

Everyone is like this. The idiot pleb above stuffs his face at night so wakes up nauseated and weak due to excessive masturbation.

You should drink coffee to drink coffee

OP here, I'm actually Polish.

So I never bought the "real deal" coffee/MCT from that guy who "invented" it, I just buy whatever I have available here.

Just a stupid name, man.

I could go to bed hungry and then my stomach would still feel "full" in the morning.

I would just "drink" my breakfast, like, get a fruit/oats smoothie or something. It would be easier.

WHATS UP FREAK BITCHES

Protein is used to repair and rebuild muscles, which mostly happens while you sleep. you don't need protein in the morning. You need carbs. Oatmeal is a far superior breakfast to bacon and eggs.

this is dave "the aspie" asprey, creator of bulletproof coffee. doesnt look too... boosted, does he?

>Cuts down on the bitterness in french presses

Spotted the faggot.

>bitterness in french presses
You're over-extracting. Cut your brew time down

It tastes like coffee with cream, but even less sugary. It's really inoffensive taste-wise. You all know you're not supposed to be using salted butter, right?

>superior to bacon and eggs

delete this

Seriously though, oatz with raisins, walnuts, and butter is my jam.

As long as you eat lots of fruit and vegetables dont overeat and get a moderate amount of exercize without to many sweets the praportion of protean carbs and whatnot doesnt mater to have a healthy diet. Any other advice is just meme diet advice. Cafinated beverage healthy? Are you retarded?

>implying caffeine has negative health effects at normal dosages

Are you?

You should put your 1/2 inch cock into a pencil sharpener and whip it into a frenzy

Do you guys put snake oil into your bullet proof coffee, too?

Only really useful for people on low carb diet who have problems to get their calories in, everyone else who drinks it on top of a normal diet will just become fat.

>Would you drink it

No, actually. I like the taste of coffee without a bunch of add-ons. I'd much rather have a cup of strong coffee with minimal cream with some potatoes o'brien and eggs.

Wow you're so manly, may i suck your penis?

You disgust me you fucking lardass

It seemed appealing to me until I noticed it made Joe Rogan always clear his throats like he wasn't quite able to swallow a huge load of cum

Yes and I add honey to it; keeps you wired without the refined sugar crash

Like you could handle to suck my penis. You would have to be a really manly man to handle it and you're not man enough, obviously.

Real facts about coffee are here
and here
in those two threads

>brown people doing a thing for centuries

>WHILE MALE

H
O
L
Y

G
R
A
I
L

I thought brown people did it because butter is more shelf stable, as opposed to cream, which would taste better in coffee but doesn't last as long.

They did done did it with tea first I think.

yes they did done did it that done with tea.
did done did it. lol

How retarded are you that you can't even make french press coffee right?

I'm a 6'7 foot gym nut, i need 150grams protein and im a very rare case; you're a fucking idiot spewing retarded jargen under the guise of science. Kys, dipshit.

Do some research on bacon as breakfast, it was the worlds most successful marketing campaign. It's not a "good" breakfast food.
Nothing beats oats for breakfast when it comes to health.

>i do love my bacon and eggs though.

>bacon was just a marketing gimmick

In 1770's England, John Harris, an Englishman, is credited as the forefather of large scale industrial bacon manufacturing. He opened his company in Wiltshire, still considered the bacon capital of the world.

Yeah, marketing was highly developed in the 18th century.

Please explain what kind of pleasure you get from spewing "alternative facts."

So you either have zero reading comprehension skill or you're just out for a shit flinging contest.
I never said anything about manufacturing, i mentioned that it wasn't considered a breakfast staple untill it was specifically marketed to be so.

I wasn't telling you to " do some research " in an agressive, nor patrician manner, the statement was merely meant to be informative.

>what the fuck is an "alternative fact", a fact is exactly that, a fact.

Pull your head in you shit flinging dickhead.

if you want keto coffee just use cream and stevia

"THIS NEW COFFEE CHANGED MY LIFE"

"What is it?"

"IT'S JUST COFFEE AND BUTTER IT CURES CANCER AND BOOSTS YOUR METABOLISM AND IT'LL MAKE YOU BULLETPROOF"

>just use cream
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! racist picture attached
reported !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Yeah, marketing was highly developed in the 18th century.
Obviously not to the extent it is now, but yes marketing did exist then. Marketing isn't new.

I agree with this, bacon (the American version) is just shitty burned crap for people without taste buds.

Canadian/English bacon is okay though.