Kitchen Music General

Is there a more versatile album for both prep and breaking down that is as widely accepted/loved by practically all kitchens everywhere?

Other honorable mentions:

>isis (top tier for prepping)
>michael jackson (breaking down)
>whitney houston
>wu-tang clan
>thievery corporation
>britney spears/backstreet boys/nsync
>disclosure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbKlR8AGYmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AFzAd4PNCaY
youtube.com/watch?v=yi0_jBHObqs&t
youtube.com/watch?v=o2kpZOY_do4
youtube.com/watch?v=QL6X8MxSeRA
youtu.be/3uSYgg3dvEI
youtu.be/6ZLfAwGCurg
youtu.be/__QUo-UsWvM
youtu.be/Jk5mUO9eSC0
youtu.be/LvwBDCb7bmM
youtu.be/vyut3GyQtn0
youtu.be/r_0BPqWpM_M
youtu.be/b69fs8_kLSk
youtu.be/NhheiPTdZCw
youtube.com/watch?v=qAfXhBX07X4
youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2pEshxvso
youtube.com/watch?v=4oyTPS0-lss
youtube.com/watch?v=g_yoixbEwlA
youtube.com/watch?v=xLNeZogTsK8
youtube.com/watch?v=9Vbj58PN4QA
youtube.com/watch?v=Aln6DztAsMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5dslRUE0058
youtube.com/watch?v=K7w1YwU_wFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wabrnt1MVVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=enCrAlNHrYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lay off the drugs

I make my kitchen listen to Dopesmoker 5 nights a week

That's a great album, but I often listen to Transformers The Movie OST, The Best of Warrant, Metallica's Ride The Lightning, and during the holiday season My Little Pony "It's a Pony Kind of Christmas"

eat my ass

nice, when it's just my dishwasher/one line cook closing on wednesdays we jam to heavier shit but every other staff member is pretty adamant about not liking anything heavier than like dio

speaking of which, i can't believe i forgot about pic related.. it's pretty prevalent in the music rotation

I was gonna post Dopesmoker but now I don't have to.

Elder is another good one. High energy but not so heavy it would turn anyone off.
youtube.com/watch?v=RbKlR8AGYmQ

I eat wings to VH's Drop Dead Legs

this is really good, man. do you like pelican at all?

they're generally pretty agreeable.. a lot of post rock is well tolerated. pic related is also fairly universally well-received by kitchen staffs in general

>Ill just check in on Veeky Forums before i got to bed
>Sleep and Elder worship is the first thing i see
This is a nice board :)

I do like them. Elder, Pelican, and Russian Circles are my top 3 bands for work because they aren't offensive and don't have depressing lyrics that make people whisper about you. My boss also loves Deafheaven and Sleep but that's for when it's just the two of us working.

Me and my buddy have super similar taste in music and he loves the Black Keys but I've never listened to them. I've been meaning to.

Check out Russian Circles if you haven't. I like them a bit more than Pelican.

youtube.com/watch?v=AFzAd4PNCaY

>DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

oh man, of course i like them.. geneva is one of my favorite albums of the last ten years. pic related (baroness- blue) is what i go for when it's just me opening up and having a couple hours to myself

>being alone in the kitchen, unpacking orders, organizing the walk-in and prep cooler, jamming tunes mentally preparing for the day

god it's the best

Russian Circles' new album is pretty decent. Love the first two tracks on it.

this is my favorite thing that anyone has ever posted on this site..

i'm dying right now, senpai

Yeah I really enjoy being at work when I can be left alone and just work at my own pace with some music on. It's very relaxing.

Nice 9s. Yeah it is good but they need to do start experimenting more. Afrika is my favorite track on there.

saw em live a couple months ago and they were underwhelming.. i also got roofied at that show so it gets kinda blurry about halfway through

>russian circles

I like you. check out Karl Sanders. Might be up your alley.

I did too but I liked it. I hadn't seen them in about eight years or so but they were as good as ever to me. Their new album just isn't as energetic so the shows are different. Did Helms Alee open for them? They were so damn good live but I was very disappointed when I listened to their recorded stuff.

Also were you sexually assaulted? Are you okay?

I will do that right now. Thanks!

that night is a weird blur, i don't remember who they were touring with. it was in seattle back in like september i think.

nah i wasn't assaulted or anything but i could have EASILY been taken anywhere by anyone and robbed/raped/killed/whatever.. i'm a 27 year old dude as well.

it was similar to an alcohol blackout but i canu remember still frame "snapshots" of different times during the night and i have a lot of "audio recordings" to go with the still shots in my memory but it's all super fucked.

i think bartenders do it for fun. it's in the capitol hill area of seattle and they're pissed that "yuppies" are moving in and gentrifying the area so i feel like they roofie people they think look like the enemy.

which sucks for me because i'm clean cut and pretty shredded so it's assumed im some fuckwit programmer or amazon employee when in reality i'm just a sous chef who works 60 hours a week

That's nuts. Can't imagine someone wasting a good roofie on a guy. I'm guessing you've heard of it happening to other random people? That's one way to get unwanted customers to fuck off.

Some asshole I knew used to brag about using small amounts of ghb to get really drunk for cheap so there's always the chance your victim will just have a great time and come back for more.

yeah local periodicals have covered the phenomenon.. people are just drugging people for no reason and that's the most reported thing. people aren't getting raped at a high rate but people are getting roofied.

it makes me so mad, dude. if somebody dropped by and gave me the name of the person who did that to me, i would kill them and gladly go to prison for it.

No idea what this has to do with Russian Circles but I'm digging it regardless. Thanks for the recommendation. Listen to Om - Advaitic Songs for a somewhat similar middle eastern sounding heaviness. Quite a bit different but one of my favorite albums and this Saurian Exorcisms is about the only thing that's ever reminded me of it in any way.

OP here:

man, i'm gonna jam some om wednesday. i forgot about this album.

what kind of restaurants do you stoner metal friends work at? what's your position there?

I used to work at a mid-level steakhouse. Didn't really like it there to be honest. I haven't worked in a restaurant since but I was thinking about going to work at this upscale seafood place my friend is the chef at. We were talking about it the other day and he said I should come and at least try it out. I don't really like my current job.

I've posted a lot of the metal in this thread but Joanna Newsom is my favorite artist. I like listening to her live stuff while I make dinner. It cheers me up. Nobody at work likes her.

youtube.com/watch?v=yi0_jBHObqs&t

Drum n bass desu
Chill shit like alex reece for clear down, junglism for prep
Brian eno for service :')

Big ups for TC and wu tang
Shit ck got taste

youtube.com/watch?v=o2kpZOY_do4

I usually cook and do the dishes to Queen and Dire Straits. Also Dre.

electro-disco

youtube.com/watch?v=QL6X8MxSeRA

stfu tripfag

For breaking down half pigs
> Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

i like chilled out downtempo and groovy electronic music for cooking at work but i play a lot of ""indie"" stuff too

youtu.be/3uSYgg3dvEI
youtu.be/6ZLfAwGCurg
youtu.be/__QUo-UsWvM
youtu.be/Jk5mUO9eSC0
youtu.be/LvwBDCb7bmM
youtu.be/vyut3GyQtn0
youtu.be/r_0BPqWpM_M
youtu.be/b69fs8_kLSk
youtu.be/NhheiPTdZCw

some favorites

>General

great choice.

For me, there's nothing better than Ska Punk during work once you got into the rhythm:
youtube.com/watch?v=qAfXhBX07X4
youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2pEshxvso

i would kill myself if i had to listen to that during a busy shift. nothing personal

always worked fine for me once we got into the rhythm. Our head chef didn't like loud music during a very busy shift and I get his reasoning but we had a second kitchen (a show kitchen) with a smaller menu where he usually didn't work in and we often had our music playing. I once remember a guest telling our waiter to "say hello to the dancing cooks for me!", heh.

DJ Screw, Swishahouse, OG Ron C, anything copped and screwed right, that or hobo train hopping music

youtube.com/watch?v=4oyTPS0-lss

Usually rocking some of this

maaannn this is dope

Russian Circles are boring derivative shite.

The Protomen Act 2
Ghost, melioria mostly for a full album, other tracks sprinkled in
Swampdawamp devil in my whiskey
And unironically, manowar.

protomen are amazing..

i also unironically like manowar. do you listen to helloween at all? this track has been in pretty heavy rotation during clean up

it's so fucking good

youtube.com/watch?v=g_yoixbEwlA

bump

Anything energetic enough or relaxing enough will do

youtube.com/watch?v=xLNeZogTsK8
youtube.com/watch?v=9Vbj58PN4QA
youtube.com/watch?v=Aln6DztAsMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5dslRUE0058
youtube.com/watch?v=K7w1YwU_wFQ

and ofc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wabrnt1MVVQ

/mu/ here

I really enjoy bumping Can's Ege Bamyasi and Future Days while cooking.

In my kitchen, Earthless reigns supreme. It is the be all and end all of getting our shit into gear and cranking out service.

youtube.com/watch?v=enCrAlNHrYo

yes m8

Aww yiss

HEY YOU

Luv u 2 fampai

Thank you!

No metal, no rap please.

Katy Perry and the Grateful dead are two of my top choices