8% of Americans own cryptocurrency

And you ACTUALLY believe you're an early adopter. LOL.

"Which cryptocurrencies have people purchased?

It comes as no surprise that the most popular cryptocurrency by far is bitcoin, with an estimated 5.15% of Americans we surveyed owning an average of $3,453.89 in the coin. Runner-up is Ethereum, with an estimated 1.80% of people owning an average of $1,243.42."

"GENERATION
It appears that crypto is very much a millennial’s game, with 17.21% of millennials claiming to own crypto, while only 8.75% of Gen X and 2.24% of baby boomers say the same."

LOL. One in five millennials own cryptocurrency. One in FUCKIGN FIVE LMAO. Holy fucking shit it's seriously over.

"This research is from a survey of 2,001 US adults commissioned by finder.com and conducted by Pureprofile in February 2018."

Attached: Early Adopters.png (2144x1092, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingview.com/chart/DJI/79OewLPk-The-normie-market-is-coming-down/
businesses.pureprofile.com/us
businesses.pureprofile.com/quality-control
golix.io/).
youtube.com/watch?v=6cTjhzSgdwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What percent of Americans owned stocks when the stock market crashed?

>based on a research on 2000 most likely situated in the deep city and being much more tech savvy
>assume the positions of the other 300mil people
fucking stop

you are fucking retarded

>americans are the early movers again
what a surprise

That survey is bullshit, it was done on facebook..

So you just assume their methodology is flawed? LOL. Look at how desperate you guys are to be early adopters. ONE IN FIVE PEOPLE OUR AGE. ONE IN FIVE. THE SAME NUMBER OF PEOPLE OUR AGE WHO WATCH FUCKING RICK AND MORTY OR SOME OTHER INCREDIBLY POPULAR TV SHOW. YOU'RE FUCKING LATE LMAO.

hahahaha survey on 2001 adults? Absolutely pointless

do you hear yourself you moron?

crypto has only succeeded when the last rice farmer in Zimbabwe trades via Icon

Great response. Is this how late adopters cope with coming in after the market already blew up? LMAO.

Learn statistics

tradingview.com/chart/DJI/79OewLPk-The-normie-market-is-coming-down/

We're at great depression levels of stock ownership

How much link does the average person have? Yeah, go fuck yourself

>2000 people surveyed

Where? San Francisco?

Wrong, it was conducted by Pureprofile, a reputable polling company.

businesses.pureprofile.com/us

just stop please this is honestly embarrassing

good luck believing in this survey

Do you understand how polling works? Do you understand that the people polling aren't retarded and will use representative samples? They're not polling a non representative sample of the US and then extrapolating the data onto the whole country. That's something you learn not to do in statistics 101, why do you think a company that sells polling research wouldn't know this? What reason would they have to lie?

>asking people if they own crypto
>>muh larp stats
Fuck off, if you think asking someone how much money they have and they will be honest with you is the craziest shit I’ve ever heard. You have to be a boomer

Attached: ED2BC187-0555-4A9A-90C1-0A78DEC04D49.jpg (1229x1246, 360K)

the poll included people who were interested in buying crypto but didnt own any. please stop, you poor little retard

why wouldn't 10% be early adopters? I believe the number will eventually be 100% so we are still in early adopter phase stupid

Walk up to someone on the street and ask them what an Ethereum is. The second largest thing in this game and I guarantee 99.9% of people haven't heard of it.

Bought crypto doesn't mean own crypto. They could have bought and used it for a transaction or sold it in a panic.

Also that survey could have oversampled a population for example white males are who make over X amount may be more likely to dabble in cryptocurrency.

I made a research and the results were shocking:
>100% of the male population is virgins

"This research is from a survey of 2,001 Veeky Forums users"

Attached: Brainlet.png (403x448, 53K)

That's even worse then. It means more people own crypto already.

> believing pajeet surveys

Attached: 11.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Because pureprofile is based on the responses of its registered users. 47% of which live in california (i do surveys on there for extra cash and they give you stats about their respondents all the time).
So no, definitely not representative of the US bit definitely representative of NEETs trying to make money on the internets.

Reputable or not, this thread is retarded and you are using "reputable" information to draw logically flawed conclusions. Even worse you use caps like like its 2006 to sound cool? No one feels compelled to take anything that you are trying to say seriously. Go circlejerk with your reputable chart in your moms basement.

Thinks Bitcoin adoption in the US= Bitcoin adoption for the rest of the 6 billion people on earth. Uses a Facebook survey. *shakes head*

8% is a shitton more than i thought jesus christ

lol
so, you attempt to dispell his argument by repeating the same argument that he had refuted
even if this were completely accurate (which it most certainly is not), it only applies to the U.S., and crypto is a global game
in canada, almost nobody that i talk to—to this very day, in a provincial capital—knows what bitcoin is, let alone owns any
they quite literally think that it's a physical currency
i've only met one single other person who owns any crypto at all
also, millennials are generally either nearly impoverished, or communist libtards who are already $100k in debt at age 21 because they fell for the liberal college meme
it really doesn't matter how much of someone's money is in crypto when they have nearly no money to begin with

>Most people haven’t bought into virtual currencies because of a lack of interest or practical need.

>Despite their sudden rise in popularity and constant discourse on social media channels and online forums, the overwhelming majority (92.05%) of Americans do not actually own any digital currencies

Way to turn the narrative to your side, OP.

>I'm late so everyone else is
Not everyone got in in 2017 you mouth breathing retard

I don't understand TA, what does this mean? That we're at levels before a crash or after a crash?

Dude people always say they have more than they have, and society equates owning crypto to being smart for some reason. Therefore this a fucking awful study that means nothing.
Honestly tho man you might be over your head here if you unable to conceptually understand that

100+ people at my work. No one owns crypto.
I work in the IT department and even there i am the only one.

1 in 5... Maybe if you sample 1000 people in some hipster fag city.

I just made a survey on ign.com, my research shows 99% of americans play video games

OP is braindead. Possibly angrily holding bags.

Okay, you can make up random numbers if you want, but we have ACTUAL POLLING DATA. And ALL the data points to you being a laggard.

What's your point? That was a tiny sliver of the population, the people that haven't bought any by and large don't want any crypto.

businesses.pureprofile.com/quality-control

Pureprofile has great quality control for their surveys and make sure that they use representative samples.

Next time in you're in your college class, look around the room and realize ONE FIFTH of your peers own cryptocurrency. LMAO. That's probably similar to the number that play Xbox Live or something, are you an early adopter to online gaming? Lmfao.

Anyone who thought we were early adopters past 2014 is a fucking moron.

I am not surprised I dumped my bags when BTC was 15k Euro and made a some very nice money that I can live a nice life.

My indicator was that even in eastern Europe all of my friends started buying Crypto.

Sure maybe I could have waiting and risked to dump at 19k but I exited with a very big smile on my face.

you're not responding to my point. How is 8% not early adopterif 100% of people will own crypto eventually?

>you're not responding to my point. How is 8% not early adopterif 100% of people will own crypto eventually?

Because 100% won't eventually own crypto, why would they? Read the polling, the vast, vast majority that don't have it now don't want any.

>Next time in you're in your college class, look around the room and realize ONE FIFTH of your peers own cryptocurrency. LMAO

Are you retarded? Maybe one fifth KNOWS what crypto is, let alone have any. Show me where are these 30mln of users from America registered in which crypto exchange.

>LMAOLMAOLMALAMOAMAOMALMAOMAOMALMAOMA
go kill yourself you utter waste of air

you do know that the world is only getting more digital right? Not in this year or 2019 but if you don't think crypto will overtake fiat you are clueless. Better tech wins. period. It doesnt matter if it's 1% better or 50% better, better tech wins. Crypto is faster, cheaper, and trustless. Crypto will overtake fiat probably in the next 20 years. Better tech wins, end of story.

>Dude people always say they have more than they have
Opposite. They always say how little money they have.

>Are you retarded? Maybe one fifth KNOWS what crypto is, let alone have any.

What are you basing this off of? I've got polling data, you've got what exactly? A really strong desire to think you're ahead of the curve? Time to face the facts, you are a LAGGARD. Coinbase has tens of millions of users, the coinbase app was the number one app on the iphone app store for a few weeks. Also, many family and friends shared coinbase accounts and paid each other back because the registration time was too long if you wanted to buy right away. My mom and brother bougth through my account lmao, then I sent them the crypto when their accounts were made.

Yeah but less than 1% actually own alts that's where the real money is now

It’s a shame your parents didn’t have great quality control of their children, you complete and utter retard

Ancedotal but I have been asking almost every person that I have contact with if they own Bitcoin or accept Bitcoin as payment. I've been doing this for two years. All I have ever gotten is blank stares until last week when I found out my Doctor owns some litecoin.

Oh, the late adopter rage is palpable. Gentlemen, you need to accept reality. You're late. It's that simple, all the evidence is out there. Polling data, the fact that big youtubers are talking about crypto, the fact that it's all over the news, coinbase was the number one downloaded app on the iphone app store for weeks at the end of 2017, the fact that we had an unprecedented bubble. You're laggards.

who the fuck are you to tell me when i got into crypto
are you fucken harry potter or something
as i said go and kill yourself you retard

it's not over. we choose not to play the stock market game. i've lost enough there.
if i lose again i'd rather lose it in a new ponzi than an established one.
yes stocks have a fundamental value (net value of liquidation + dividends if any) but the thing is most people are looking for capital gains appreciation.
the game now over the long run is to hope/wait for whales to pump the crypto market up enough so that it cannot be ignored and have more people from all generations buy in. it's the future. i'm not cashing into the stock market so boomers can cash out for their retirement. no way.

Haha everyone look how hard he's trying to be right, there is no hope for him, get away. Your stupid is contagious.

If you were a real early adopter you wouldn't be so angry at the truth. It's time to accept that the coins you bought in January will never, ever come back up. I'm sorry but it's over.

kys

Hey OP if you are so sure of yourself leave your contact information down below, prove that it is you with pics, so we can all shit on you later if you are wrong. And if you aren't wrong, no one will give a fuck but you. We'll make sure to spam LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO when you are though.

you are very short sigted. most shit coins and the entire crypto economy might not take off but it's in its infancy.

take it from a guy who could have bought GOOG,AAPL in 2005/2006 and who could have went all in ($35,000) in AMZN in 2007, but instead went with some stupid meme Chinese stocks. you need a ten year timeline on these things.

Dude, I actually studied statistics... 2000 is really representative and the sample seems legit as well.

Fuck off phoneposter. You must die.

are you another fucken harry potter?

Bitcoin is ten years old

you dont need to study statistics to understand that even 1000 would be accurate enough, if it would be correctly executed, which this is not

Attached: BTC Adoption Rate.jpg (780x554, 72K)

but..but.. ma statistics....

I mean, if it's all in bitcoin that's totally fine. Early adopters for altcoins can still make it.

It also makes me happy b/c none of these people probably pay or know how to pay taxes on this stuff.

So late to the game.
Also no one can get rich from the stock market anymore because no one is an early adopter

Attached: It's a Bitcoin BUBLE.png (1606x724, 41K)

There's no reason to believe Bitcoin would have the same adoption rate as any of those things, it's not as useful as anything listed on there. There's no practical utility to owning bitcoin like there is a car or fridge.

so? it's finding a new use case as a "crypto-asset" and shitcoin anchor. give it and alts ten more years. I remember all the Gox fud.

i'll tell you the fud around ~2006/7 stock market AMZN: P/E too high, too expensive. AAPL: just finished a huge run up with iPods, can't grow anymore, GOOG: click fraud, fake ads, ad growth not sustainable.
despite all that they did innovate. They also all got the QE pump and ended up being more overvalued, because people don't know where else to put their money.
nobody knows the future but i'd rather lose my money than miss out on being shortsighted.

Maybe no utility for you personally.
Lots of utility for others.
Moving large amounts of currency from one place to another is a great utility that no other form of currency can touch over Bitcoin. Remitances alone to Mexico are 2.5 Billion USD a month.
Staving off inflation is another. If you had 200k USd in the bank for your retirement in Zimbabwe, it became less that the price of a piece of candy in 2 years. That's why Bitcoin is so huge in Zimbabwe (golix.io/). It's deflationary.
That's two huge reasons for alot of people. there are Many more reasons.

>i'll tell you the fud around ~2006/7 stock market
Same FUD in 1999. People were sure that Amazon was dead in the Water.
Even mainstream media collectively wrote it off as a joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=6cTjhzSgdwE

Bümp

Attached: merkel-scholz-101__v-modPremium.jpg (980x276, 29K)

>World will soon change currencies to blockchain
>"lol u should sell"
Fucking imbeciles on this board need to get out.

Just to put this in perspective. The entire Trade deficit of the entire economy of the United States of America is 40-45 billion a year.
Just Mexicans alone, send 30 billion a year home. Just Mexicans in just the USA. Think about that for a second.

Wait till they find out that they can do it without huge fees from third parties. Then there is Filipinos (2.2 Billion a month) and 10)s of other nationalities moving money out of the US monthly. Then there is the rest of the world.

and that is just ONE use. No when this takes off it will be insane. Just look for example how big Bitcoin is in the Phillipines.. Remittances.

So never, since they don’t know how to farm

Sure worked in the 2016 election didn't it

98 percent chance Hilldawg president if I remember correctly

Kek, self selecting sample. Going by actual exchange registrations it's closer to 1% or less.

Lotta transparent FUD recently. You kikes worried your buy in price not low enough?

Sample size too small and among a population likely to be knowledgeable about crypto. Fail study is fail.

coinbase has less than 10 million users in the US you dumb fuck

learn sampling you dumb shit posing as >IQ 90

>17.21% of millennials claiming to own crypto
>One in five millennials own cryptocurrency

17.21% is closer to 1 in 6 dumbass.

Attached: 1519500937251.jpg (225x225, 4K)

>statistics 101
>thinks 17.21% is one in five

Attached: 20750865_10211609564088428_2041339217_n.jpg (404x720, 28K)

So follow along.
December 2017. Crypto has gone gang-busters. Bansk start to freak out. Their FUD in late November and early December did not work.
IE: Bear Sterns and Goldman Sachs send out HUGE FUD in Nov-Dec.
Now being bankers, they know that people will have to pay taxes on these gains.
They also know that normies don't know to sell at a loss in Dec. to offset gains for tax purposes.
Normies are thinking, no problem paying taxes, I've made a mint. What's 20-30%. Nothing. I am still WAY ahead.
So come January the banks start shorting Bitcoin in a HUGE manner and the FUD becomes insane.
Normies see that all thier gains will be gone because in order to pay thier taxes, they have to sell thier crypto now at a loss.
Normies have until April 15th to liqudate thier crypto to pay thier taxes.
The entire time MAJOR FUD from the banks.
but... Secretly the banks are accumulating.
The banks buy Poloniex.. Why ? Crypto is dead! Why buy Poloniex ? Why buy Circle to compete with Coinbase ? WHY ?
Because the banks hold massive amounts of BTC from shorting and to make actual $$$$ on it they need to sell.
So how can they sell at a profit ? I'll tell you.
On or close to April 15th the FUD from the media and banks will change into MASSIVE FOMO to make crypto explode so the banks can sell at a profit.
Wait and see. Crypto is going to go INSANE in MAY. Watch and see. I'm talking the biggest rise in crypto history. Watch and see.

Yeah man, the year is 1995 and the internet is already decades old invention. It's too late man.

That chart you posted makes me think that crypto is bullish as hell in the long term. Think it's mostly millenials buying in. Millenials don't have much money now but will later in life. This has a shit ton of room to grow.

have to give it you user, that's a pretty solid theory. should post in original thread

>Wait and see. Crypto is going to go INSANE in MAY. Watch and see. I'm talking the biggest rise in crypto history. Watch and see.

This guy gets it

Ok I posted it as an original thread

fucking hell op is a retard. stop feeding this stupid cunt more (you)s please

How can you not see I fucking agree with you

What happens if i dont pay taxes? Theres only a small penalty right?

Attached: 1521747930895.gif (280x291, 97K)

I'LL PAY TAXES WHEN I FUCKING MAKE IT YOU G MAN ASSHOLES

Attached: hqdefault (4).jpg (480x360, 37K)

naw we still got plenty of time to accumulate. going sideways till late summer. got to make it look "organic"

Definitely a possible scenario.
These people didn't take over the entire world by being dumb.
At the end of the day, they really can't beat math and a deflationary currency. The charts will be epic.

op you are retarded, plain and simple

13.3 million in NOVEMBER, before the turbo bitcoin explosion up to 20k. More users than Schwab. If I sign up on Schwab, am I an early adopter to the stock market? After all, there are less people on Schwab than coinbase.

Attached: Coinbase.png (1108x818, 201K)

All you have to do is take a step outside into the world to realize that not even CLOSE to 8% of Americans own crypto.

I'm outside right now. What should i look for to see whatever it is you're seeing?