What the fuck you make of this??

pls respond. i made smoothies but thats all ive gotten. boiling it takes like an hour. also no idea how to season it.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/ck/thread/7677116
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

beets are good in salads and soups and stews

pickled beets are p good

Roast them. Coat in olive oil and place in a tinfoil packet with rosemary, thyme, and/or tarragon. Roast for 1 hour at 400F. Let cool, peel (the skin easily scrapes away), chunk and eat plain or mix with salad, make borscht, anything really.

confit them in animal fat or olive oil

pack them in salt and roast them

pickle them

shave them thin and candy them

juice them and make sorbet

roast them

idk man, there are lots of options

Boil them and throw in a blender with lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, a little chopped garlic and salt. Spread on bread and garnish with fresh dill and maybe some toasted walnuts.

See warosu.org/ck/thread/7677116
From start to finish, even all the adding and reducing of water, it takes only about 20 minutes.

Either boil or roast them, then make a salad, for example
>500g beetroots
>1 big or 2 small white onion(s)
>8 pickled cucumbers
optional
>200g peas
>1 cucumber

dice everything, mix, add some salt and aome pepper, put in bowls (1 bowl per potion) and add a tablespoon of mayo to each bowl, mix and serve
it taste more delicate than it sounds

Pickle liquid 1 part White wine vinegar to 4 parts water and heaps of sugar with some cloves and bayleaf to cover in a pot boil till they slide off the knife, remove beets and reduce the liquid and keep seperate, peel beets while hot and store in pick liquid, slice on a mandolin put it with a salad, blend it with some chickpeas make a beetroot humus etc lots of shit you can do with pickled beets

not a fan of mushrooms. otherwise nice recipe

intrasting will try this perhaps

It's delicious combined with cheese such as feta cheese

I fucking hate beets they taste like dirt and grass

Roast it and then do literally whatever. Cube it up and throw it in leafy salads, slice it and put it on sandwiches, eat it like an apple.

but they are like super fuckin healthy. pickled ones are great tasting

I usually make sandwiches, soups and salads

They should be sweet. If they are too earthy, they are old af.

I posted that thing archived on Warosu. Sorry you don't like mushrooms. But hey, I've got some other ideas. What about beetroot fried rice, then?

Per portion:
Garlic, minced or matchsticked, 1-2 cloves
Oil, 1tsp (or so)
Green chilli, sliced/chopped, if/as desired
Beetroot, shredded, 100g (about a half cup)
Rice, cooked and cold in the fridge, a few days leftover, 120g (about a two-thirds cup)
Water, 60ish ml (a quarter to third cup)
Salt, to taste
Onion greens, chopped, 1-2 stalks
Egg, 1

Place garlic and oil into a pan and set to high heat.
When fragrant, add chilli and stir-fry a half minute
Add beetroot and stir-fry a minute.
Add rice and stir-fry until it just begins to barely stick.
Form a well in the middle and add the water.
Toss about and stir-fry to rehydrate rice through and cook everything.
Off the heat, salt to taste and stir in the onion greens.
Plate up the rice and fry a bull's eye egg.
Top rice with egg and serve.

Beef a la lindström or whatever it's called in english. Basically it's a salisbury steak with grated beetroot mixed in. The details vary from recipe to another.

Simplest: mix grated pickled beetroot with ground beef and salt and pepper. Form into patties. Fry/grill. Serve topped with goat's cheese in a hamburger.

I'm gonna make beet chips with coconut oil, rosemary, and sea salt. I'll use the beet greens in a smoothie.

Make Russian Borscht.

Cook in a pressure cooker, takes like 1/3rd of the time
Remove water, remove beets from pot
Slice in half and then slice thin half-circles
Do the same with a raw onion
Mix both, add minced coriander, a dash of oil and a shitload of lime juice
One of my favorite salads

this, also you can use fresh beetroot, but drain them first after grated

Cut them up.
Throw them in the bin.
Go buy a burger.

This. I like to pair roasted beets with goat cheese and arugula. You can also make some balsamic glaze.

wrap in alufoil with oil and bake for best taste in a salad,
if you make a soup id recommend polish barsczc, i cook beets and beefbroth seperately, than combine and add applecider vinegar and salt/pepper, so i can use the beetroot in salads.
salad id recommend adding feta,nuts and something sour (filetted+minced lemon for example).
If it contains these 3 things you can literally not go wrong, add bitter greens,herbs, apple,honey,garlic, whatever, go crazy.