Thought fresh ground pepper was a meme

>thought fresh ground pepper was a meme
>it literally makes everything better

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B000RADVJ0
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pepper-mill/
seriouseats.com/2012/07/taste-test-black-pepper-what-are-differences-in-varieties.html
academia.edu/8027281/BLACK_PEPPER_AND_HEALTH_CLAIMS_A_COMPREHENSIVE_TREATISE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

freshhhh-ly ground black pepper

>post yfw you remember there are literally still people on this planet who buy and use tasteless pre-ground pepper

Hi Chef John.

What size mill and what kind of peppercorn did you get?

I'm going to finally buy a pepper mill and peppercorns after I finish the last of giant plastic carton of preground stuff that we've had for about 3 years. I only have a few more weeks worth of it left.

I was planning on getting this from Peugeot, but I'm debating what size is appropriate (is 7" capacity enough):
amazon.com/dp/B000RADVJ0
that was recommended from this shootout:
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pepper-mill/

I don't know what kind I should start out with.
seriouseats.com/2012/07/taste-test-black-pepper-what-are-differences-in-varieties.html

I just use the disposable ones and it's still a huge upgrade. Most are adjustable.

buying coarse sea salt and grinding it is pretty key too

obviously there's no difference in freshness but controlling the size of the grind literally makes everything better

Is there really such a disparity in granule size among salt?
I haven't noticed any uniformity issues with my table an kosher salts.

Freshly ground peppercorns are fucking elder god tier, nothing else even compares.

Are there any spices that AREN'T dramatically better freshly ground?

I'll never fucking go back to pre-ground nutmeg. It's like night and day.

Well, salt is salt, so it only really comes down to how it's absorbed. Obviously, the smaller the granules the faster it absorbs, the faster it absorbs the better it spreads out in the food. The bigger the granules the more it'll stay where it is. This is key for when you salt to flavor your dish or if it's to make a show of it, IE. A steak with a salt crust, vs a hamburger that has been salted. There are a variety of salts that are designed for how they look and feel before absorption like Fleur de Sel de Guérande for instance. These salts are used for presentation as well as flavor.

Something to note, almost all salt you get today is sea salt just more refined. Exceptions being when they say otherwise.

>Something to note, almost all salt you get today is sea salt just more refined. Exceptions being when they say otherwise.
Huh, interesting.

This. There have been $1 disposable pepper mills for years now

This is objectively wrong. The only reason to use coarse salt is if you want something to have a straight-salt texture in which case you might as well just use the coarse salt straight.

>filename
Please, user, have a seat. We need to talk.

Black pepper is used to hide the taste of poor quality meat. Black pepper is also bad for your health.

That day my friend from hungary brought me some paprika from her local market. Like it literally made me want to move to Hungary and endure the bleakness of central europe just to be able to taste that taste regularly.

Also, if you want to step up your black pepper game, try putting a couple tablespoons of whole black peppers in cheesecloth or a tea strainer and popping it in whatever fluid you are braising, stewing, poaching or boiling.

racist

Yfw people don't realize most of the cheap pepper powder is loaded with coal dust

I hope this is bait.

academia.edu/8027281/BLACK_PEPPER_AND_HEALTH_CLAIMS_A_COMPREHENSIVE_TREATISE

What if all preground spices are actually shit? What if the smoked paprika that I use is actually crap but I don't even know it because I've never had freshly ground paprika?

They ARE all shit

you say it's objectively wrong then go on to explain how it's not

good job

Are you 5?

>inappropriate use of the word 'meme'
>inappropriate use of the term ' literally'
>frogposting

>>>Reddit

user you should buy a peugeot. they are the best.

peugeot is the french yamaha

Y A M A H A