Ded

>According to an internal McDonald's document, only 20% of "millennials" have ever eaten a Big Mac.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-18/mcdonald-s-wants-to-woo-you-with-two-new-big-macs

>(((Bloomberg)))

I was born in '94 and I've never had a Big Mac. Seems like too much food.

>big mac
No thanks. For me it's the McChicken

I don't want a burger with questionable sauces on it, just give me one with lettuce, tomato and cheese

I'm 32 and I have eaten exactly 1 Big Mac in my entire life.

I never had one because the only time I ever went to McDonald's was with friends in highschool and we always just got the $1 McDoubles and McChickens. I'm fairly sure that most "millenials" know it's trash food and steer clear

Why have big mac when i can have McRamen

I'm almost 40 and I've only had one.

I like some of their other offerings, but actual burgers are completely inferior to other options

It's too expensive for what you get. I can get a bunch of stuff much cheaper than just getting the big mac

You don't see many McDonald's threads on Veeky Forums do you, user?

I've never had a big mac. I get mcnuggets and fries with the little bag of apple slices and a chocolate milk.

Look on my works ye mighty and despair

It's actually not that much food

I don't think you need to do the parentheses when it's already called Bloomberg.

Where have you been?

Are you admitting that you buy kids meals?

Sure, I buy my two kids meals all the time.

Yeah. I'm a petite person so it's a good portion for me.

What do you do with the toys

play with it obviously

How many should I put you kids down for?

I keep them if they're cool. I got an emoji plush toy and my dog likes to play fetch with it.

I miss when kids meals came in a cute colorful box, now they're in a brown paper bag. :(

My kneejerk reaction was that that's bullshit but then I remembered I'm thirty, have actually worked at McDonald's for two years and I've never had a Big Mac. McDonald's burgers are fucking awful so I never saw a reason to subject myself to anything that wasn't breakfast or came out of the fryer.

it's not even food

I'm 40, not a huge fast food eater and really cheap but I've eaten lots of big macs. Rarely if ever full price though. Bogo, coupon or special event almost exclusively

Big Mac combo: $12

Local burger joint with 3 times as many fries, a significantly better burger, and drink with unlimited refills: $10.10

Why would I ever go to McDonald's?

I'm 28

I've eaten a lot of bigmacs, megamacs
But I haven't eaten any mcd products for over a year now.
I don't know if this happens to anyone, but after a certain age processed foods stop having a taste.
You only feel like you are eating something very greasy and oily, that's about it.
I never had a sweet tooth, but today I tried to eat 2 pieces of Toblerone. I couldn't even swallow one.
My aunt used to say that chips, fast food etc. were all garbage when I was 15. I used to hate her saying that, but I guess you become what you hate haha.

>You only feel like you are eating something very greasy and oily, that's about it.

32 here, i know exactly what you mean. i stopped eating fast food for the most part, but every once in a while i have a hankering for it and am always disappointed. i think i'm done with it.

It's a tiny ass burger for nearly $5.
At this point I'd rather eat at a local burger joint, the burger will be bigger and it will taste like something other than mayonnaise.

Maybe 10 years ago, big macs were $1.50 and they would even give you a free big mac coupon every time they kept you waiting more than 90 seconds at a drive thru.
The big mac coupon was guaranteed because they never got their shit together, eventually gutting their 90 second promotion.

>3 times as many fries
>unlimited refills
These are not good things, burgerclap.

Bruh, I'd buy 5 a day.

>millenials
>born between 1980 and 1995
>never eaten a big mac
also how is Mc donalds in possession of those data?

how many did they pay you to humiliate yourself like that, with those lies and all?

The same (((polling process))) that said trump had less than 2 percent chance of winning the presidency

Read some shit about spin doctors and statistic wizardry. Depending on where and how you ask a question will yield vastly different results.

Good, I hope they die as fast as possible. Thier burgers are completly awful, thier fries are soggy and they are overpriced as fuck. We have a butcher in our village, he will give you large fries and two burgers for half the price and these burgers also taste godly. Even our bakery makes better burgers, and they don't even sell meat. Also, keep in mind that McDonalds, a huge ass multinational company struggles in Germany because they simply cannot compete against a bunch of turks which dropped out of the Hauptschule

Big Macs are overpriced boomer trash. The millinials have chosen the McChicken.

Big Macs are just stupidly overpriced. I wouldn't mind getting one, but what you pay for it is just stupid.

>mfw you can get a 4 dollar meal deal at hardee's, carl's jr. wendy's or BK for less than a big mac

Give me one reason for a Big Mac

I am ashamed of all of you

Is that Liam Gallagher?

Liam Gallagher is black

Its overpriced what can I say? Value sandwiches are like $1 to $1.40

Big mac is sitting way the fuck up there at what... $4 or $5?

Anything that isnt $1 is like $4 fucking bucks... whats the reason for such a huge jump anyway?

I see myself getting like 2 times the quality as the basic sandwich so I expect to pay 2 times the price.

McDonalds your price point for Big Macs and just about ANY OTHER SANDWICH on the menu is $2.50

If you can afford to churn out basic burgers for $1.00 to $1.40 (since thats what everybody is buying when they go there) then you can pay price-for-weight difference on the Big Macs, Quarter Pounders, Club Sandwiches, and everything else on the regular menu.

Besides you're making your money on the Soda and Fries anyhow (2 bucks for fries is steep, I can get a whole bag of fries at the store for 1.25).

Soda is verifiably the main way fast food and movie theaters stay in business anyway. Soda costs 5-15 cents in materials, charged 1.30 for.

(contd)

Basically...

Having $1 and sub-1 buck plain Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers on the menu since forever...

Ties up McDonalds with having to EXTEND that to their other sandwiches as well.

If for some reason their basic sandwiches never were that cheap then it would be more reasonable to expect Big Macs, Filet Of Fish and others to be the price they are.

But if they can MAKE the basic ones that cheap I expect their other sandwiches to be in the same ballpark too.

Price Per Weight

Otherwise why bother getting a Big Mac when I can buy 4 Cheeseburgers for the same price?

How much more food is that, and by my palate it doesnt taste bad (the pickle makes such a big difference)

So Ounces of food plays a bigger role than the marginal +quality that the upper tier sandwiches represent.

The trend isnt going to change until they drastically lower their prices on their signature sandwiches.

As I explained, the standard models of quality-for-price do not apply to McDonalds

> Because McDonalds is known for cheap food to tank up on quickly. You're typecast into that corner and always will be.

> Remaking your image wont help, your image is set in stone from the retro years.

> If you dropped your signature sandwiches or had them as seasonals, and upgraded the quality on your Basic sandwiches and lowered the price on the Fries just like it was 1965 you'd get MORE BUSINESS.

And you cant feign quality, people will check your food and post critiques, put your food through lab tests and so on.

You can make your burger patties thinner like Steak & Shake does and get away with that. Most of the sandwich is already bread to begin with so people wont notice, if it tastes better.

Also pic related I know they have an agreement with Coke for their soft drinks but lacking Mello Yellow is a MAJOR problem.

>tfw you can get 2 mcdoubles and a mchicken for less then a big mac AND ask for the sauce

What purpose is there to get a Big Mac?

I just get 4 Cheeseburgers
And a soda

And I sit there all day using the Wifi and getting free refills (usually 1 gallon worth of soda - four or five 32oz equivalent)

Though usually its 2 cheeseburgers at a time.

Why does the bigmac cost so much?

You could have said all of that in like three sentences, autismo

was just explaining in case their shills/flunkies are here reading it, giving truthful and accurate rundown of it (research, for free)

yknow if they went back to the way they was before (retro years), now that their hegemony is gone, they just might stay in business and be worth going to

speak to older folks and they'll say the burgers tasted different, and they literally only had a few menu items and you knew exactly what you was there for
> often giant bags of fries
> and a bag full of burgers

>mfw you have never actually gone there just to get a heaping bag full of fries, like 3 or 4 XLarge orders of fries

It used to be the Chicken Little from KFC but then McD's picked it up as the McChicken after KFC dropped it.

> boy did KFC fuck up bigtime

>20%

I just find that completely unbelievable. I'm a millennial. Are you somehow saying kids born in 1988 never ate a fucking big mac? That's just unbelievable.

>less food for more money is better!

I am apparently of that 20%. I have probably had less then 10 in my entire life, they're just not that great and I unironically like the McChicken more then the Big Mac.

How low quality and disgusting does food need to be before you go "hmm maybe I don't *actually* want to eat any of that let alone more of it"

Not the guy you're replying to, just curious

And if the answer is, "that has never happened", then hypothetically speaking, where do you draw the line?

It could be that picky eater thing.
My sister is 25 now, and since we were kids she would only eat mcnuggets if we ever had mcdonalds. To this day, I don't think she's ever had a fast-food item that wasn't chicken or fries in some form.

Nigga you tellin mcdolan's is better quality than ANY dedicated burger place?

Better quality and more food for less money or less lower quality food for more money?
One of these answers is wrong, and it's the one you chose.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but whatever.

t. McDonald's employee.

Have you taken marijuana today?

Why, because you're desperately trying to discredit an argument you have no defense against?

The answer is no, try something else.

How right you are. McDonalds is by far #1, more hamburger hamburger. Quality > quantity, more HFCS please sir.

Sorry I got those carat marks reversed, I did of course mean quantity > quality, I apologize for seeming so un-American for a moment there but I assure you it was just a typo. Please up-size my fries sir!

What percent of McDonalds sales are Big Macs? Probably pretty small. The McDouble is the thing we should really be judging McDonalds on

I hate how wide the net over "millenials" is. I'm 30, but I have little to nothing in common with a kid in high school still that has grown up since Facebook existed.

I didn't even have the internet growing up.

Big Macs suck, Whoppers are much better

24 years old, I have never eaten any burger from McD

I've had half a big Mac three times during childhood. Gave me the runs each time so I've never had them again.

>Gave me the runs each time so I've never had them again.

Hmm I have the same problem.

I'm 30 as well. We'll be the last generation to remember the days before an internet connection was in every home. Makes me feel old desu.

it's like 600 calories

Ozamndyias. Great poem

You are a fucking retard who is't even capable of reading.

>usually 1 gallon worth of soda

That can't be good

I hope our glorious Kebap brethren will overtake them

We have some pretty okay burger joints in Germany anyway, we don't need that shit

Gutburgerlich in Gießen makes the best burgers in Germanistan desu. You got any favs?

>millennials favorite McDonald's item is the mcdouble
>not putting out a double mac for $2 that's just a mcdouble with sauce and lettuce

sciffy, is that you?

19, never had one
I unironically prefer the mcchicken

>I prefer one thing to something else that I've never tried

I was born in '94 and I've never had a Big Mac. They just look kinda gross. Whenever I'm at McDicks I get a McDouble or a McChicken plus some fries.

I was born in 1995 and never had one. I thought McDonalds burgers tasted gross as a kid (and probably still do) so I just stuck to McNuggets.

>only 20% of people born between 1985 and 1999 have eaten a big mac
I call bullshit.

Says the guy who thinks McDonalds cannot POSSIBLY be surpassed by any other restaurant

So tell me: where do you draw the line? If I gave you three buckets of shit for a dollar, would you gratefully eat it?

You managed to read the exact opposite of what I typed, you cross-eyed shrub fucker.

Reading back, I notice I accidentally the word me in a post, but that by no means changes the tone of it to what you got out of it.

because mcdonalds is fucking disgusting and only subhumans eat there

This, but with Quarter Pounders or more seasonal or localized burgers.
The OP is flawed because it doesn't consider these other options.

Your angle is a bit skewed but I applaud you anyway for supporting local business over micky d.

I tried it last year because I wasn't sure I'd tried it before.

McDouble is better.

Do you think the MacJr will save this?
Seems like the perfect middle ground

>tfw the oldest millenials are nearly 40

>everyone is either a boomer or a millennial
kids these days I swear to god

I didn't say that you butthead, but the one of the defining parameters for a millennials, and the one I always go with because I like the nice clean 0s at the end, is anyone born in the 20 years from 1980 to 2000.

I've never had one because why the fuck would I want three buns
I don't want to eat a shitload of bread I want a burger

i'm a millenial and my mom used to take me to mcdonalds all the time

they didn't realize how bad of an idea that was until i was 10 yrs old and super fat

i am not very fat now but damn mcdoubles fill me with so much nostalgia. i was imprinted by the mcdonalds mark in my brain. i love big macs too (and mc nugs)

This, just doesn't make sense.

>mcdouble for a $1
>or $5 for a mcdouble with a third bun

it's over 560 calories. I hope you're not eating anything with it.

The meal is 1100 calories, which is approximately what your dinner should be, provided you're not a breakfast person.

>$12
It's literally half that here in Maryland, and we have higher-than-average fast food prices. Where the hell do you live? Canada?

In 2013 my local McDonald's had a promotion on Black Friday, where the first 25 people to order a Big Mac got a punch card for 26 free Big Macs, one every other week.

who the fuck goes to mcdonalds for dinner