Why don't Americans eat this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_Wars
dailymotion.com/video/x4i7ifa_tex-avery-drag-a-long-droopy-1954_shortfilms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dont im vegan

We do, dummy.

Because it's mostly raised for wool and despite having a reputation as a fancy meat, it's understood to taste terrible

So people choke it down occasionally but otherwise ignore it

I eat the fuck out of lamb. They sell it in the grocery stores, butcher shops, and at fancy restaurants. In big cities you can find lamb at gyro and kebab shops.

We do. But there was a historic "war" between cattle ranchers and sheep herders in America. Cattlemen won, and beef became king in most of the country. Lamb is common, but there are a lot of people who don't eat it.

Just made a fresh batch of lamb broth made from the bones of a poor little lamb.

That sounded like total bullshit but damn it's real

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_Wars

Same reason the last six times you made this thread: shit's fucking expensive.

$40 for a little roll the size of a Jimmy Dean sausage, fuck off.

Are you stupid? I live in Florida and could walk from my house to two different grocery stores and buy lamb.

>fancy meat
>fancy

Ask us more questions Yuropoor

I don't see anything wrong with Nestlé and deep fried pizza

as a burger, why am I supposed to think blood as food is gross?

Why are Americans so afraid of blood?

Tripe soup is delicious.

Romanian do eat pig skin like chewing gum if you want something to laugh at.

It's not cheap though.

Goat from Latino markets may come close to worth it price wise, but I've never tried goat. I assume it's like shitty lamb.

That's not that weird
I love getting a bag of tough cajun pork rinds when I'm on a road trip

>Veal Heart Ragout
that sounds fucking delicious

Real enough there was a Droopy Dog cartoon about it:
dailymotion.com/video/x4i7ifa_tex-avery-drag-a-long-droopy-1954_shortfilms

fuuuuuuck

How can women compete?

They associate it with being shot.

>americans will never know what this tastes like

I meant raw.
Does this make it weird enough?

>culinary horror

Yeah, bullshit. I'd love for black pudding/blood sausage to gain popularity here.

They can keep the lutefisk though

A similar thing for Asia seems much more interesting.

Also I've never had lamb that didn't taste spoiled. Is it supposed to be like this?

kek

>haha yuropoors
We can afford lamb though, fatboy

It's more like a cross between lamb and beef and quite lean. Not shitty at all.

I like rare lamb but That's fucking ridiculous.

This

And yeah its considered fancy in america because its not eaten that much

Lambs are for clothes

verified proof that we dont eat lamb

HOWEVER

One thing we eat a fuckton of that alot of countries dont is

PORK

and we love our pork very much

> its not an unclean animal after its been chopped up for food
> in fact its safe to eat at a Lower cooking temperature than Beef is
> could practically let it sit out in the fucking sun and it would cook to safety

What do they mean by unclean? Doesn't every animal in a farm wallow in filth?

> mfw people say Pigs are unclean animals

> but many other countries have absolutely no problem serving up Snake, the proverbial emissary of satan if you believe in that sort of thing.

> but I really wish I could try Snake, unfortunately its rare as hell in america

Why do Americans like puke flavoured chocolate?

Some americans, you mean

Some american like puke chocolate because in some parts of america junk food is all that exists. Moreover, in those parts of america, liking junk food is considered a prerequisite for being a good patriotic american. Therefore, if you don't pretend to like puke chocolate you are considered a traitor or even unamerican

This is a historical anachronism though, these days you mostly just see this attitude in the most meth-infested flyover shit holes

Because it's a picture, dumdum.

Pretty much this. Dark chocolate is seen as disgusting by many and as something trendy/fancy for people who are on a diet (Yeah I don't get it either). Also mostly seen by many Midwesterners where they really love their Hersheys.

>culinary horror
>Nestlé

Does that mean something different in Switzerland?

>verified proof that we dont eat lamb
That's regional, though. Lamb can be a tough ask in the South (where it's easier to find goat) or the Midwest. But it's pretty common in the Northeast, both in supermarkets and on restaurant menus.
>PORK
Pork was the main meat of the South for a long time. But industrialized chicken farming has made chicken so cheap that pork has taken a hit to chicken's popularity. Back in the day chicken was more expensive than pork (or even veal), and Americans used to make a dish called "city chicken", substituting pork (or veal) for chicken. Once chicken got cheap everyone just are chicken. Today Americans eat a lot more chicken (and less pork and veal) than they used to.

Come down south and get some rattlesnake.

Also, Deep Fried Pizza is Scotland's? If you haven't heard of haggis, you have no business putting an atlas of culinary horrors together.

Haggis is horrific to think about, but it's actually delicious in the same way scrapple and goetta are.

Living in New Zealand it triggers me that you think it's fancy meat
Even poor fucks here eat lamb often, it's great.

T. Kiwi

spotted the plebe

I do, but lamb is more expensive than beef.

When there's a special the cuts are thin as fuck and mostly bone than lean or even fat.

People only think it's fancy because it's more expensive than beef. It's only more expensive because there aren't very many suppliers. There aren't many suppliers because few people buy lamb. Few people buy lamb because it's more expensive than beef.

You know how it works in mass market situations: anything that isn't standard issue becomes a specialty item, and thus commands a premium price. If you live in a part of the country where lamb is not commonly eaten it's will be expensive to get your hands on so you'll think of it as fancy.

Some of the best lamb I've ever had was imported from NZ

Domestic American lamb is generally gross

A vicious cycle

I have to admit when I visited Scotland, the first thing I did was find a place that served haggis. It's actually way better than scrapple and goetta IMHO. The oatmeal really adds something.

My excuse is that everything on that map that I've had (which is really only ~4 of them) is actually delicious.

Because that's not food, it's a small cloud.

The average American has been trained to think that a good deal means being able to get as much as you possibly can for as cheap as you possibly can. Typically, this results in getting a lot of garbage-tier food/goods for $1-2.

i love lamb and some cuts are pretty cheap where i live, i have it semi-regularly

America was a mistake

ate it with some mexican coworkers
I liked it but I know many would hate it here

>The oatmeal really adds something.
Chances are you would like goetta then. To me this kind of stuff is the height of ingenuity. Anyone can take, say, a nice lamb loin or rib chop, season it and grill it and have the result be absolutely delicious. But taking all the undesirable bits and turning them into something good? That's a real trick. And I'm always happy to try examples of that, and surprised by just how good some of them are. People who think, "Ew, gross" miss out on some really good stuff.

Corollary to this rule is that "all food is the same" because (1) decent food is simply unavailable in the food deserts for any price, and (2) marketers have figured out that there's a demand for better quality, so they repackage the same shit in a fancier box and call it "premium". The flyovers then buy it, it still tastes like shit, and therefore nice things are a scam. This feeling gets ingrained in them through their formative years and by the time they're exposed to something actually nice, they react with anger and fear and start raving about cucked nu-males shoving cultural marxism down their throats

>lamb
>expensive

sorry thought it was goat
Americans do eat lamb

>ground lamb
>american ""lamb""

Don't forget that traditionally being a gourmand in America has been viewed with suspicion. It flies in the face of Protestant self-denial. It's seen as wasteful to spend more than you have to on pleasures like food - the vice of a rich man, not a thing for normal people. Paying too much attention to what you eat comes off as effete, nitpicky and even snobbish. While that's changing it's still the case that being particular about the quality of the food you eat stills draws mockery in less cosmopolitan parts of the country. People see it as kind of Fraiser Crane-like - putting on airs to try to seem better than everybody else.

Why not eat full grown sheep instead?

I have a friend who's family reacted to me this way for showing up with ribeyes for everyone.
>"Why not just buy pork steak or sausages?"
Learned my lesson.
Only bring meat in the $2-$3 per pound range to their cook outs or they think you're trying to show off.

Because it tastes like shit. Gut shot and poorly dressed deer tastes better. Next "why don't Americans X" question

You can buy lamb that isn't ground. That dude is just being a pleb

That's it. The dreary Protestant idea that enjoying nice things is showing off. And in many parts of the country it's the reason you can't find anything good to eat. Because these are people who think the Olive Garden and Red Lobster are "fancy". And once people accept the bar being set that low hope is lost. Because they don't think they deserve better. That grim as hell attitude is what's fucked up the cuisine in many parts of the country.

Turkey is not European.

Can't spell pleb
I was just memeing, I'm not really stupid

>Americans
>Rating Lard as culinary horror
Yeah... okay.

Yes, American lamb, as in it was raised in America and not imported. Are you fucking retarded?

America is shit especially the people there

Lamb prices are pretty high here in American Super markets like Vons/Safeway.

You need to go to the arab/Indian places for that stuff.

Between The Jungle spooking stupid people, the aggressive marketing behind vegetable oils, shortenings, and researchers claiming that animal fat will blow up your heart over the last 90 or so years, Americans have had lard move from being a kitchen staple to a sickening throwback to the old times when we simply didn't know better.

I'm not American, I don't care what you think of it. Also, no one cares what you dirty europoor muslim cuck faggots think about anything. One thing America did fuck up on is helping beat Germany during ww2. If USA stayed out of it, Europe would still be a white continent, instead of the new Middle East it has become.

Yeah... sure.
Every other food item is lard with you guys. Online. In cooking shows.
Lard this and lard that.
Also what the fuck is wrong with Liver paste? That's literally Foie gras
Only a supreme pleb would list this as culinary horror.

wew lad nice dubs

It's a baby shoop.

There were two competing theories on heart disease: sugar and saturated fat. The government went with saturated fat, partially due to sugar industry lobbying. Also cheap, shelf stable vegetable trans fats had been invented. Crisco saw the opportunity to put lard out of business, even though their product was far less healthy.

Australian here. Lamb is fucking delicious, roast lamb is practically our national dish...

>Duck Blood Soup
>Goose Blood Soup
>Pig Blood Soup
>All adjacent
There's a story here

Same here...I agree this is a bit too rare, but even well done lamb is great

And that story is poverty.
Also vampires.

Raw lamb kibbe is delicious, though.

American lamb is superior to all imported lamb. it's raised on grass and then fatted with grain, thus creating a sweeter meat. All good restaurants here serve domestic lamb and Alton Brown and cooks illustrated both prefer American raised lamb.

I'm swiss, I think they put up Nestlé because we don't have a lot of local meals (we were poor farmers not long ago). And I can't think of any that would be categorized as horror.

I really don't know. The longeole is a sausage with meat and fennel... It's strange, but it's delicious.

>meat and fennel... It's strange, but it's delicious.

Doesn't seem strange to amerifats. Amerifat Italian Sausage is primarily spiced with fennel.

Oh ok.
But maybe veal sausage would be considered as horror by some. It is very common here, like hot dogs in america.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just buy local anyway.

Do you really want lamb that was put onto a plane, frozen, and shipped across an ocean?

I do sometimes but it's more expensive than most other meat so it's not my usual go-to meat.

I do. It's just not widely available because pork and beef yielded more cash back in the day and it just sorta stayed that way.

Maybe a bit.

I'd still try it though

If sheep from New Zealand had telekinesis and could read minds, and if eating their flesh would grant your their power, yeah.

most of this is delicious

It's most likely just ground shoulder.

You'll end up eating only like 60% of that unless you don't mind eating lamb fat.

i only eat this in a GHAI ROW

What do horse steaks taste like

Like glue

because most Americans can't actually cook and end up over massively over cooing it into a garlic bombed, flavorless shoe leather or don't season it at all and just warm it up on the stove so it taste literally blander then boiled chicken.

Lamb is fantastic when you use some gentle spices and herbs and cook it with a nice crust.