When will the craft beer meme die?

When will the craft beer meme die?

When people stop drinking shitty adjunct macro lagers and all that's left is craft beer?

When america creates a single decent chef

When the consumerist Jews change the laws so only big brewing companies can make beer because Muh Safety

you know your pleb beers still exist right?

Probably won't be long.

Never going to happen.

I just landed a job as a delivery driver for a local brewery. I won't say which one but it is in the top 3 in our market area.

One of the questions I asked them in the interview was what keeps them from going through a major distributor (as a lot of local breweries in the area do that). They said it is a law that once your production volume exceeds 25k barrels per year, you must distribute your product through a licensed distributor. They also said they will distribute independently in their area as long as they can, however they are planning on distributing outside of the area eventually.

These people on the sales and distributing side have their fingers on the pulse of the craft beer industry. People say craft is a fad and all fads die, but the one's employing people in craft beer have never lost sleep or had that thought even cross your mind.

It's kind of like television. Televisions boomed, and even after the advent of internet and smartphone technology, every home still has one if not several TVs. Craft beer has boomed, now it has become a staple in many American's lives. It's here to stay.

This. Why do people get butthurt about craft beer? Most of the recipes are old as fuck, like how beer used to made before Budweiser and Miller/Coors spread their shit beer across America.

isn't hating craft beer the new meme?

My only guess is that people compare it to the wine industry, where people pay exorbitant costs for things like branding and vintages and terroir, what the normies like to refer to as "memes".

The majority of Americans are ridiculously uncultured in the arts, including food and cooking. That coupled with the dreaded Fear Of Missing Out, you get hoards of crybaby manchildren that are ultimately just jealous they can't appreciate a beer as much as you do.

Soon I think, in the UK at least gin is the new meme.

Weren't gin and tonics always stupidly popular in England at least?

It has always been a thing in the same sense as a cold pint has. Now like craft beer, its all weird overpriced gin and tonic water you have never heard of at inflated prices to seem posh and basically a meme. Hipster faggots ruin it for everyone

Craft beer isn't even overpriced. In fact, craft beer in the US is just what we call any beer that isn't an adjunct lager or owned by a huge multinational corporation. In England there are tons of great beers so you don't even require a separate term.

>The majority of Americans are ridiculously uncultured in the arts

I've been triggered by complete and utter horseshit. Well done.

I suspect in the coming years there will be less breweries but that's just because they can't all survive. Whether I like it or not, it was a trend.

'Craft' beer whatever you take that to mean won't ever die though. Not as long as people are making beer that tastes better than bud/heineken/bush/pbr, and mainstream beers of the like. Not being snobby, just saying they clearly do not taste as good as 'Craft' beer.

Yeah I'm not sure what you mean by 'overpriced.' Most are more expensive than bud or something but the reason for that should be obvious to you. I can get a 6 pack of really good beer for like 8-9 bucks. The most I've ever spent on a 6 pack was 30 bucks I think, but I really wanted to try it, and it was a limited release thing, and I had the extra money so fuck it.

Craft beer is here to stay. I can however agree with the notion that there is an over-saturation of craft breweries in the United States, with many of them producing mediocre beers at best (way too many IPAs out there). Large conglomerates have been acquiring breweries left and right, with notable examples including Goose Island, New Belgium, etc. Relic distribution laws are hindering the progress of not only breweries, but wineries and distilleries as well. I personally am stoked to see how the beverage industry will evolve in the coming years, as distribution laws are relaxed. Perhaps there will be more regionalism in beer and wine.

Never.
We're living in a meme society now. We have a literal meme as a president.

>When will the IPA meme die

Fixed

Craft beers in general is great. Pubs having 90% of their selection be various over-hopped IPAshit is not.

why would it? We all gonna wake up tomorrow and think nice coffee is a meme, go back to drinking instant and stale filter coffee that tastes like cork as well?
My working class 63 year old dad drinks craft beer, so do most of his mates.

New Belgium never got acquired

Craft beer is delicious. Nothing like a double IPA and a cigar to end the evening.

Thank God. I love the taste of Fat Tire

craft beer isnt the meme
fucking all the shit ales are the meme
shitty IPAs and the just *insert noun* pale ale need to die
I hate that craft beers dont make lagers either, the meme is that they make bullshit bacon berry honey dipped smoked bottle fermented saison
I just want a nice beer not a complicated beer senpai

>t. someone who's never had a craft beer or a cigar

>Muh microbrews

The $3 craft bottle and the $7 cigar are so above the means of the average NEET, yes.

nigga beer and cigars aren't expensive

It's because they're all plebs who associate lager with American rice macrobrews and thus become elitists.

Real lager is pic related.

Craft beer isn't smooth/relaxing and cigars are stimulants.

Fucking retard.

>My day is ruined because my beer was bitter waaahhh
>he can't sleep off the effects of nicotine

Are you a woman? Because I've met women with bigger balls than you.

>I hate that craft beers dont make lagers either

There's a lager only craft brewery in my city
Nobody buys any because lager is boring

Nigga

The only reason why you would smoke a cigar and drink a craft beer by yourself after work is if you view both of those as status symbols.

You do fucking know that cigars make you tired right? And having a bunch of nicotine slowly doesn't stimulate you? What a shitty post.

or maybe just because i enjoy beer and cigars

getting tired of all the Veeky Forums armchair psychologists who think they know shit about the human psyche but don't and end up making fools of themselves online.

Or because it's a tasty way to relax.

>When will the craft beer meme die?

When we have WWIII and all the real men are shipped overseas and you only have women, old men and genetically deficient males left in the US clamoring for pisswater instead of robust, flavorful beers.

are you one of those faggots who insists coors light tastes good or that you only drink to get drunk like a child?

I like craft beers but user coots light is the God among light beers, especially colors light banquet.

Not OP but all craft beer is just hipster shit. Just drink a fucking Stella or something

but stella tastes like shit

never

never

already did

good thread

ps

>yurocucks

I'm pretty sure this a fedora myth

Coors Light banquet? Do you mean Coors Banquet?

Like others have said, I think only the overly hopped IPA stuff is a fad. I think there will be a trend towards Lagers and non-IPA/non-stout Ales in the Craft world.

Most craft breweries do make craft lagers, the ones I'm familiar with at least.