Cheese

Educate me on Camambert Veeky Forums. What can I do with it? What are some combinations I can try out? How do you like yours?
Can also be a general cheese thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obatzda
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best way to enjoy camembert is deep fried with cranberry jam. Fucking heaven.

frenchman here, camembert is a B Tier cheese to me, but since it's the most popular by far I assume it can't be bad

Since I don't like it I haven't experimented too much with it, but I've seen restaurants in the north that were roasting it and serving it with dried fruits and my family seemed to like it

Another frenchfag here for ya

A good farmer's camenbert au lait cru is goat tier
But since you amerifags are never gonna lay a hand on one of these, you can try cutting the upper crust off your store-bought camembert, putting some honey and thyme in there, then placing the crust back and get it nice gold n melt in the oven
Will still be a nice dish even with a poor quality cheese

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obatzda

goat on some dark bread or fresh pretzels

That's nice, but I think you think that USA is a wasteland for cheese. It's not true.
Washed rind cheeses are my forte, and unpasteurized cheeses are available.
I'll bet I pay way more
than a frog does, though, dammit.

That said, camambert is kinda something I'd wrap in pastry dough with dried fruit and bake. It should be single cream, which is definitely a bake.

>Place a wheel of Brie in the fridge
>Wait longer than a week to eat it
>Ammonia is overwhelming, can't eat it, end up throwing out

feels bad

You got a bad wheel. I have dealt with the cat piss rounds before.
feels bad.

Nah, it's mass manufacturing. It's what they implement into the cheese to keep it fresh for initial purchase but it absorbs it like some disgusting bacteria.

It's there to preserve the refrigerated cheese but it 's not designed for anything outside a week.

Buy three wheels of the same mass produced, but quality, brie.

Eat one exactly a week after each other. Post your opinions.

But I've ordered whole wheals of d'Affnois. It ripens just fine. Over a weeks.
It's the weak ass single cream mass manufactured cheeses that turn to piss quickly.
The good ones age to a point of oozing pre-maturely.

Do you ripen them in the fridge?

You only having access to this could explain it, however from my experience even the best Bries have been very prone to turning to ammonia rind within a week.

>Buy three wheels of the same mass produced, but quality, brie.
I honestly wouldn't know how to do that.
I think we come from different areas.
I only buy quality , mostly imported, but some domestics are dank.

>I honestly wouldn't know how to do that.

Which country do you live in?

>Do you ripen them in the fridge?
For sure. Couple weeks at least.

>even the best Bries have been very prone to turning to ammonia rind within a week.
I've definitely had a surplus of brie turn to cat piss. I was hoping to gain some greater info.

USA
I'm really just curious at this point.

Is it similar to brie? I often make sandwich with it, think the less you mix it the best, strong flavour best appreciated alone

Okay, I'm out, but I just wanna say that washed rind cheese is best cheese and beyonce is a nigger.

I read somewhere that apparently camembert is as close as you can get to the taste of human faeces.

I reddit somewhere too

Why is my dick always sub-zero cold when the rest of my body is warm?

Why the fuck do people eat rotten milk?

Thanks for the suggestions anons, apparently I got the kind which is not meltable so I just sliced some into a sandwhich
Was bretty good

Because milk is so glorious you want to preserve it.

Don't they use munster instead ?

>>Ammonia is overwhelming, can't eat it, end up throwing out
Every now and then, it's a spoiled one from the grocery. Makes me mad.

But brie should last weeks if storage has been fine. Shop at publix like me, where you can walk receipt in and complain about little things like that with "customer is always right" service. Bam, refund without even blinking.

OP, I like brie, camembert, and oh, cambozola pretty equally. I tend to buy it most of all for slicing on top of a sandwich. There's that funk that goes so nicely with a good jam like fig, apricot or raspberry. It's also a good thing to use with a weird jam or honey, such as avocado honey or peach-rosemary. The savory sweet goes nicely. I also like it with red pepper jelly. The rest of the sandwich will be turkey, or roast beef, maybe some arugula. Think panini or nice roll, something crusty.

I like baked brie with nuts, honey. You can also nuke brie like for an office party in crescent rolls with the jam, honey or nuts inside the dough. It magically browns and puffs up in a microwave! Serve with some fruit, crackers, quick party food for something better than just a birthday cake or donut spread.