Anyone tried catching and cooking a city pigeon?

Anyone tried catching and cooking a city pigeon?

There are loads of these delicious-looking birds where I live and they are dumb as fuck so they should be easy to catch.
Yet I don't see any people doing it. Why is that? Do they taste bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QIT-P1Ct4t8
englishrussia.com/2011/07/21/how-russians-survive-the-crisis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are called flying rats for a reason you know. Living and eating in dumpsters doesnt make for good cuisine.

You may as well breath from an exhaust pipe and eat literal dog shit and puke.
Country-side pigeon are edible.

Squab is delicious. City pigeons are not squab. Squab is raised as food. City pigeons are flying rats. Winged vermin. Don't eat city pigeons.

Same reason people don't eat city squirrels. They go around eating literal trash and shit from dumpsters.

Go to the country and kill the pest pigeons that live off grains. Those are safe to eat.

wouldn't they be riddled with parasites?

They eat the vomit in the street after a Friday night.

I love that webm where bunch of these get sucked down a drainage pipe, too bad i dind't save it.

Leave the fucking pigeons alone.

You're all fucking scum. Pigeons are beautiful innocent creatures. They live together in harmony and peace and if humans could emulate them our world would be a wonderful place. Leave the fucking birds alone.

I kill them because of the stupid noise they make but I've never eaten one

>if humans could emulate them our world would be a wonderful place
They do, it's called India

Feral pigeon is not for eating. Wood pigeon is for eating.

Only if your city is under siege is acceptable to eat the flying rats

Guano spreads disease and they shit in there own habitat (feral), truly disgusting bird and need controlling

>they are dumb as fuck
I fucking hate them.

>delicious-looking birds
they look fat but they are just a rib cage and a bag of feathers. And this is not counting you need to water soak these skeletons at least two days to not die from it. You'll get less energy out of this catch than spend.

Do not.

My fucking neighbor owns chickens right in the middle of the city. And they are "free range" you know? They are free to roam the street and backs of houses, and make a lot of noise. Point is they're nasty. My father has chickens, but they are in a rural area and they are fenced in. These other ones drink from gutter and eat shit, and the neighbor collects the eggs on top of all that.

Birds can be incredibly gross. I think I'd rather kill and prepare a goat than a chicken. But one that lives in the city? That's a feathery petri dish.

Kek, underrated post

Rock Dove (aka pigeon) taste fine. I've killed and eaten dozens and they are indistinguishable from mourning dove.

don't treat them like squab though. There is a breast bone shaped like a three-dimensional Y over the chest cavity. Pretty much the only edible meat is on either side of the fin on the Y. Reach under it with your thumb and pop it off, then peel back the skin and discard it and the rest of the carcass. don't fool with the legs or the wings.

And if you've ever had a plate full of mourning dove or white-wing dove breasts, well, I'm sorry but you haven't lived.

Australia tier bantz right there

What a cute lil birb

I saw about ten of them eating a big pile of vomit on my way to work this morning.

i-is this a birdo thread now?

why not

How do you raise pigeons? Do they need a lot of room?

Maybe when your birb smashes that ugly watch of yours

>talking shit about the Casio F-91W
ABSOLUTELY HARAM

Have you also considered seagulls?

I would probably eat that little faggot bird.

I want one

>haram
It is haram to wear that watch

I just happened to watch this the other day...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QIT-P1Ct4t8

The wild Geese and Ducks people eat spend their summers eating garbage in Canada.

I'm sure some people eat them, but those will probably not easily admit this. They'll be more likely to admit eating insects first, because that's trendy now.

I understood woodpigeon is very tasty and I doubt a rockpigeon will be that different. I would try myself, but I couldn't kill one (unless I needed to) and even if I could, I wouldn't really know how to prepare it.

Anyway, the excuse that they eat garbage is bullshit. People eat animals that eat garbage all the time. Pigs fucking roll around in their own shit and unless you're a muslim, you've probably eaten those a lot. Rabbits eat their own poo as well.

Forgot crabs and lobster. They eat garbage and are definitely considered quality food.

> So, what does a lobster eat? Lobsters often eat dead fish and other animal material that they find on the bottom of the ocean. But sometimes lobsters eat live food—in fact, they occasionally kill and eat one another.

Chickens are cannibals too

One of the reasons why so much of meat production is hidden is because it would revolt consumers if they got reminded of it. Everyone sees city pigeons and their lifestyle, so it's easier to be reminded why we don't eat them.

For the record, rolling around in mud is very good for naked animals. It helps against sunburn and insects. They don't roll around in their own shit. That's a myth. polluted pigs only happens when factory farming is happening. Free pigs are only covered in mud, dirt and twigs if they get the choice.

Most animals literally eat shit. Catfish eat garbage and rotting flesh yet, fresh wildcaught are delicious. Lobsters and crabs eat rotting flesh. Chickens eat anything and everything.

The same kind of people who bitch about an animals diet precluding being delicious are the same people who say, "ewwww, gross, how could you eat tongue, tripe or organ meat?"

legend says
Peruvians eat pigeons

It's Been Done.

englishrussia.com/2011/07/21/how-russians-survive-the-crisis/

ooo, nice

You are fucking retards, its not just trash, they drink dirty water with oils and gasoline in it. Also peck whatever they see, enjoy plastic and lead in your meat. You wouldnt eat veggies if they were grown near autobahn would you?

How would a duck that lives in a pond near a parking lot taste? There's dozens of them near the azn grocery store here and they're pretty fat, I always thought it'd be easy as hell to catch and roast one. There's also a goose that lives in my apartment complex park pond. I wonder how that ornery bastard would taste

>But one that lives in the city? That's a feathery petri dish

>Guano spreads disease and they shit in there own habitat (feral), truly disgusting bird
>They go around eating literal trash and shit from dumpsters

They're definitely flying rats but you know what?
Animals are incredibly efficient machines for turning literal filth into edible meat and eggs. We feed farm animals slops and they turn it back into bacon and eggs. The city has lower quality slops but the meat and eggs are still ok to eat.

Just clean them carefully and cook them well.

There's millions of these fuckers in my city. I've always wondered if they'd be good eating.

They'll have very little meat and almost no fat, but I guess you could make a stew or something

are you in St. Louis? I was there for a week and like holy fuck the rabbits. it was like on old testament plague.

I lived in Washington DC for a while and ate a lot of urban wildlife. I had a high-powered break barrel gamo pellet gun (pic related) that was super accurate, whisper quiet and can kill just about anything smaller than a fox. I kept it in my second floor bathroom that had a great view of an empty lot with a power line.

Mostly i shot doves off the power line. They were great. I tried a few squirrels - they were fine but nothing amazing. Eventually i started throwing corn in the empty lot and shot a a bunch canada geese and at least 4 species of ducks.

One day i shot a rabbit. Honestly it was terrible. Like, terrible. I can cook rabbit with the best of them, but this thing was stringy, tough and lousy. i don't recommend.

Catfish taste like mud and you need to know how to season it for it to taste good.
Lobsters and crab are always served with a bowl of liquid butter for a reason, to hide the terrible taste.
Find better examples

You can actually get protein poisoning from eating too much rabbit, bud. Be careful.

People don't realize that pigeons aren't native to the US and were brought here originally as a food source, but the population just exploded. So yeah, squab is good eating. But don't straight up eat city pigeons, they eat trash. Raise them yourself and eat pigeons that don't live off rotten pizza crusts.

>thought about catching one
>be careful of eating too many

I eat salmon, even though I know it contains quicksilver.

Is it really worth going through the effort of raising pigeons though? Once you remove the bones, feathers and organs you're probably left with maybe 100g/200g of meat.

No, you can't. You seem to misunderstand what protein poisoning actually is.

>le QI facts

That literally happend to some people who ONLY ate rabbit.

Dude, don't act like they don't know what they are talking about. They read an article headline on fb or some shit. They aren't some ignorant misinformed retard...

~squak~