So is lobster as good as everybody says?

so is lobster as good as everybody says?

I prefer crab. Tastes pretty much the same and also a lot cheaper.

Lobster is a shit meme.

No, crab is superior and much cheaper. The exception to this are things like squat lobsters who iirc aren't even lobsters technically speaking.

No.

Northern Atlantic lobster is the best lobster. Personally I don't like eating ocean cockroaches, but each to their own...

is frozen crab worth it? havent ever eaten or cooked it. what do you eat it with?

Frozen cocktail sauce

Maine Lobster (none of this shit rock lobster bullshit) is one of my favorite things to eat.
Boil in slightly salted water and have at it with some butter. The meat on a toasted bun with butter and lemon juice and a side of chowder is the comfiest meal for me, since I have a father who loved going out to get lobster rolls together.

I've tried grilling, baking, and all sorts of other methods but always return to boiling them.

Lobster is good on its own, buts similar enough to Crab that I can never justify paying for it myself because crab is always on the menu if they have lobster and crab taste better.

I always get lobster if someone else is willing to pay for it though

Not even close to the depth of flavor of fresh caught live Dungeness Crab, the indisputed god of all sea bugs. Lobster has to be drowned in butter or cream to have any flavor at all, whereas it would be sacreligious to tarnish Dungeness like that.

Lobster is one of my favorite foods, and probably would be if it weren't for my love for oysters. The meat is easier to get to than crab, succulent, and a little less sweet than crab.

If you've never had it, you owe it to yourself to try it once. The tomalley is really good too, even though it looks "gross."

Ayah, I've got a family friend named Dickie Blackout who works as a lobstahman and he occasionally supplies us with the fresh stuff. High-tier seafood easily, but nothing that I'd pay through the teeth for if I didn't life in a coastal area. It's 100x better than any fish, though.

Lobster is good when Chinese people cook it, but then again Chinese people could make literally anything taste good

Everything is better when you grate some tiger penis on top.

It's rhino horn, pleb

Crab tastes better, and lobster is way overpriced.

>tastes pretty much the same
Fuck off.
I like both but you are in dire need of being able to distinguish.

The best I've ever had is south african, I'm actually serious and not just saying some shit off the top of my head.

Totally depends on how it's prepared, just like any other meat. Just like I'd never eat a well done steak, I'd also never eat basic plain boiled lobster. Lobster can taste fantastic, though, if it's not overcooked.

No, but we do roast Dungeness with a shit ton of garlic, and you know it. Which is delicious, but it's not exactly a "pure" flavor.
Been to any crab feeds this year? I haven't, but there's still some coming up.

It's pretty damn good, but for your money you can do a lot better.

This except crab is better tasting than lobster.

Obvious bait is obvious

But anyway,
>Fucking hell dude, if you want to know, try it

I found lobster to be a bit sweet for what it's used for. That being said, if I'm going to pay a shit ton of money for seafood, I buy either crab or scallops.

Yes. It's overpriced though, and like others I prefer crab a little more.