Working Man's Lunch

Post a picture of a hearty working-class meal you've eaten recently. The less fancy, the better, but bonus points for not being fast food. Local dishes a plus.

Pic related: Pupusa and pastellito, a pork stuffed grilled tortilla and a meat pie. The cabbage and the red sauce tops the pupusa. Very tasty. Honduran. One of my go-to's.

Washed down with god tier soft drink. Iron Beer.

Very Salvadorian as well.

No pics, but
>cup of genetic brand tea
>ham and cheese sandwich x4
>pack of ready salted crisps
>banana

Classic British working man's lunch.

True dat. This grocery by my house is so badass.

Well I live in Denmark, we have:
Smorrebrod (buttered bread). It's an open sandwich often made by using 1 loaf of rye bread, thin slices of meat or some other form of protein and some greens.

Picture related, these are made in a butcher shop, the ones people make at home are often less decorated and more simple looking.

it appears that your can of soda is close to 20 years old...
food looks good though

Picture here is what people would make at home, when they return from work, or give their kids for school.

>>The good part is that there are literally thousands of combinations for this.
>>The bad part is that it's cold... it's not sold warm, only cold ..so if you want your fish fillet or frikadeller to be warm on the bread, you have to make it at home.

Finn here, we do this and i think all nordic countries do. Do other countries use butter on their sandwitches?

I've got a bunch of those in my neighborhood in different flavors: Salvadorian, Mexican, Dominican. And the corresponding restaurants. If I were too lazy to cook I'd be fat as fuck in short order.

American here, depends on the sandwich. For example I wouldnt use butter on a ham sandwich, but I would if I were making a grilled cheese.

There are outstanding examples like Wisconsin's butter burger but in my experience Americans tend to use butter more for toast or cooking applications, not sandwiches.

I dont. Mayo here - food lube

nuke america

It's not the best presentation (just some local "Yelper") but this is the best thing for your buck in my neighborhood. Fried chicken, fried rice. Good shit.

Mayo guy here. I make my own mayo. Mum always put loads of butter on pb sandwiches so ive always hated it

Oh im Canadian

Meat pie, chips, peas, gravy. Working class Brit meal. Pretty solid on cold days working outside.

Amerifat here, looks tasty. Peas aren't horribly overcooked. Hard to tell since the fries have no browning, but I have to assume they're crisp because even a britbong navy wouldn't eat soggy chips. Pie looks equivalent to a 'murican meat pot pie. Would probably enjoy if all my preceding qualifications hold true.

No u

Oh hey, my mom made pupusas like yesterday.

potatoes, rye flour, salt

Welshfag. Butter on all sandwiches, except maybe bacon.

Hey said working man not nigger

It's the working man version of who is a fancypants danish fuccboi. Butter on bread? Well laa dee daa.

I grilled your mom's pu-pusa yesterday

>2017
>being poor

Bowl of bun bo hue (spicy beef soup). $8.

I made chicken stew and congee, it's really good with a dash of soy sauce.

Not a Veeky Forumsold but it feel like this is a copypasta

>copypasta

I just typed that, youngster. Please lurk moar. Copypastas are generally several paragraphs and usually, but not always, used to start threads.

How old are you?

On neo-Veeky Forums anything longer than a single sentence, or anything using "big words" is immediately suspected to be pasta

>tfw my grandma makes this once a month and she's making some this weekend

aww yisssssss

Lucky bitch

No, this is wrong.

>thinks they're "rich"
>posts that
Oh you are ADORABLE.

my lunch is an onion pancake in a bag

I could never stand the pungent taste of anise in bun bo

I heavily suspect the butter on bread is to make the bread less soaky while you put meat and vegetables on it and let it stay in a store window for a couple of hours lol They usually cover the whole bread with a thick layer of butter...

For people in private they put butter on their bread depending on personal preference, I put butter on my bread due to nostalgia, and I do it 3-4 times a year perhaps ...while others do it everyday.
--------------------------

All nordic countries have Smorrebrod, but I've only tasted Danish and Swedish. In my opinion the Danes make it better, the rye bread is less sweet, same goes for the quality of stuff like Leveropstej/ Liver pâté ....even the salami .....some of the best salami is actually imported from Sweden, they don't sell it in stores in Sweden though, which I simply don't get.
Sweden have tradition for Smörgåstärta for celebrations and gatherings, which is awesome.
-----------------------------
Smorrebrod can be fancy or normal, most of it is cheap as hell to make, healthy and tastes good.

This picture and description makes me hungry

ooooh lobster and steak

soooo wealthy lol

Is it 1976 where you are?

I'm hoping for some good working man's lunches updates today. That's not a euphemism. I like seeing what people eat from around the world on their lunch break.

I'm an american and I prefer brown mustard tbqh

I'm a welder and my lunches are pasta like 9 times out of 10.

Not my fault it's so fucking delicious, cheap and easy.

>Pasta exactly tailored towards a random photo of a British pie dinner.

Lurk moar before posting newfag and engage your brain.

Paddy here. Butter all sandwiches bar peanut butter sandwiches. Delicious Kerry Gold butter. Though deli counters are trying to push the Mayo meme.

Beef tongue

>Big cookie, fried empanada, some worth of salad and hot sauce
Do you work at the tendie factory?

So instead of the typical beef tongue taco, it's a norte tongue burrito in a flour tortilla?

>canned beans and hotdogs
>pan fired potatos and hot dogs
>kraft dinner and hotdogs

It's like the more sweaty and tired I am when I get home the more I want "blank" and hotdogs

Tuna salad.

My exact dinner yesterday

>peanut butter and butter sandwich

German here. What's special about a piece of bread with cold cuts on it? And yeah, we use butter. Actually, people just put what they like on it.

African working lunch here

just take a 2 hour lunch break and eat at home

>As if they could get a pea so green and beautiful in Africa

American here, warum grabt ihr Loecher?

If you buy Smorrebrod from a store, expect the bread to be covered with butter, so it doesn't soak or dry out while it stays in the store window for a couple of hours, with thin slices of veggies & meat on it.

What people make at home is a totally different matter, and some refuse to use butter for health purpose, while others dislike butter or consider it irrelevant.

I cover every sandwich I make with several layers of thin sliced tomatoes, and use butter perhaps 1-2 times a year.. I also don't use rye bread, I use sandwich bread or crisp bread.

lengua is the tits

put some sliced brisket in there instead of those nasty sausage chunks and we're talking

Ukrainian here. It's what we generally use for them. We call them "buterbrods."

>Wants his soup to be boiled for 12 hours for the meat to be tender

You salty cunt

Looks like chlebíčky.