Macro

Welcome to Macro, a Polish cash and carry. As someone used to London prices, this place is wonderful and has shit I I'd normally need to go to a specific shop for, literally running the gamut. The prices are in złoty, so divide by 4 for USD, I was wondering how they compared to wholesalers in the States and elsewhere. Will post pics of shi

Other urls found in this thread:

rejestracja.makro.pl/registration/find-your-company
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Starting with one of my favourite vodkas, goddamn liquid gold. Cooking some pork neck with it tomorrow.

Smoked wings, 13 zł per kg

Octopus at 22zł/kg about a quarter of the price my fishmonger wanted in London

6kg of kebab meat for the equivalent of 20 USD, this isn't as good as it might encourage sandscum into the country.

Daj więcej jak masz.

Sorry Willem

Peking duck, actually quite good in curries
These prices make me want to feed a family

Goddamn ox cheeks, tastiest fuckers when left in a sous vide on low. Seriously underrated cut.

Partriges, 32zł per kilo. Going to attempt a recipe a nice man from Rules sent me.

Casually plugging The Arran Malt here, as it is fucking phenomenal and ridiculous value. Sauternes, fino sherry are excellent, as is the 18yo

The range of meat is terrific. Minced boar, deer ribs, and allsorts of other goodies.

>Makro
When I was little, my mom told me I must be older to go there.

t. grew up in Thailand

Whole rabbit, am planning on leaving the thing in sous vide in a couple of days. I have to sleep now, but will post more come morning if thread is alive.

i don't want this beautiful thread to die, keep it alive until morning

Thank you friendo.
Have some preshredded cheese based product

No one cares

Here we have from right to left; high grade beef round, shin (IIRC), 80/20 mince, and skinless chicken breast. I purchased some round, will be using it for zrazy tomorrow.

Sorry to ruin your day user. Have you ever tried quince liqueur? Made to the about 18% ABV and rather nice poured over deserts, and was one of the first alcohols I remember tasting as a child after my grandparents made some.

You have these in The Netherlands aswell. Requires a pass to get in tho.

What OP should mention is that shops like Macro cater mainly to bussiness owners like bars and restaurants, and you rarely would make your daily grocery shopping there. They are great shops though, selling great meat and other things you wouldn't normally get in your smaller shops.

I have been feeding myself exclusively with macro food for the last two weeks, although I concede that most people shopping here will be caterers. Here is a pic of the lovely round I bought, excllent even streaks of fat although I'm not sure the camera shows it through the vac pack.

$6USD for a fifth?!

>Minced boar, deer ribs, and allsorts of other goodies.
Jealous

not refrigerated?

these are in a cold store I believe

gotcha, looks like there are ducts above it.

Refrigerated but not frozen.

Problem#1 you can't just get in from the street to make purchases - you need a card - the cards are issued only to business owners (no matter what business and how small, need to be registered business though) - although one business owner can get a couple cards and hand them out to employees, or friends or family. Plus any card-bearer may bring two other people with them - or borrow the card, it's not verified if you are the designated card bearer.

Problem#2: alcohol only for businesses that have alcohol trade permit. So the vodka looks great but unless you got your card from a liquor store or restaurant people, no vodka for you.

Also, most products are only available in wholesale packages. You can't get a single package of some spice, you need to buy a lot of 10. Can't get a can of cola, need a pack of 12. No pack of bubble gum, nor even 10-pack of these, just a box with 100 packs. In most cases not a big problem, stuff is cheap enough that it's just a good deal - but you really don't need 12 flasks of that window wipe detergent...

But they have stuff "for the industry". 1-liter bottles of various sauces. 1kg packages of black pepper. 5-liter buckets of tomato sauce. 3kg packages of coffee beans.

The shop doesn't look like your typical mall - more like an industrial store room with ceiling high towers of industrial shelves; the lower ones are with stuff in normal wholesale packages, but you get an employee with a forklift to get you a palette from an upper shelf if you want more.

It not polish it's Dutch.

You need to prove you're a trader for membership, I showed a 10 year old CIS tax card. I'm sure it's even easier to get a card though.

If you're used to London prices than You've been living under a fucking rock as they're in every city and large town in the UK.

Also die you pathetic tripfag.

I bought loads of booze with no issue, although the lad at the checkout did look fresh
The card I used for access was given to me for free by the neighbor who had a spare, out of a box of a few hundred. I have had contact with a few general wholesalers in London through profession, and was consistently disappointed by really low standards, storage, and selection and prices that were hardly worth the petrol.
I apologise for being a detriment to your existence, and hope your death is quick.

Not completely true, I suppose they changed recently.
You don't need to have NIP (i.e.: have a business); you can go and buy and you definitely can buy alcohol.
The part about packaging is indeed true, unless you have to feed a family of 5 you'll have problems finding anything useful, almost everything is "too much".
Said that, fish and seafood is fine (and is by weight so you can take what you need), meat and some veg too is packaged reasonably;for alcohol is definitely nice as they have a huge selection.

Source: I was last week to the one in Krakow :v

Ohio here

>Shitty grocery store vodka (42 proof)
>you: $6 me: $6

>Wings
>You: $4/lb me:$3/lb

>Beef Trimmings
>you $1.66/lb me:$2/lb

>Duck
>you: $1/lb me:$5/lb

>Lean beef you: $3/lb me:$3.50/lb
>Fat beef you: $1.50/lb me:$2/lb
>Skinless chicken breast you: $1/lb me:$2/lb

So yeah it's pretty cheap. I would shop there.

Zubrowka is cheap but god tier. The wings are cold smoked which I thought was nice. Is that from a wholesaler or supermarket?

rotate your photos you fucking phone poster

damn, gravity is fucked in Poland

Just tried getting a card. Nope, still need a firm.
rejestracja.makro.pl/registration/find-your-company

Where in Poland you at, might be able to hook you up

Cracow.

It's not so bad, my boss lets me borrow his card when I run short on stuff that can be found only in Makro (try finding spicy arabian sauce anywhere!) - but that's a lot of "logistics", catch boss when he's not busy, ask for the card, go shopping over the weekend, return card on monday. Since the Jasnogórska Makro is like 2km from where I live, it's a little inconvenient I can't just get in a bus or on a bike and go there, Still, I shop there like 2 times a year, so it's not much of a problem.

Here in sleepy old Toruń, there is asian stuff in the supermarkets and one chinese supply shop, but I suppose tis the student generation, although I'd expect a place as large as Krakow to have some. What is spicy arabian sauce? Make your own man.

Wait the point is that if you don't have the card the don't really care anymore, just go and buy stuff. At checkout they'll ask for the card just say you don't have one and profit :v