What's your opinion about the cholesterol in eggs...

What's your opinion about the cholesterol in eggs? I've been hearing both sides of the story more recently and feel like the good vs. bad thing is more debatable these days. What have you heard?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21521229
circ.ahajournals.org/content/129/25_suppl_2/S76.long
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It depends on your sensitivity to cholesterol. My dad is extremely sensitive to it, so he doesn't eat eggs regularly, but I'm not so I do.

There's no debate.

Serum cholesterol is produced in the liver, dietary cholesterol is irrelevant.

I eat eggs because they taste good and make me feel good.

I only really eat 1-4 eggs a week but I was still curious. But yeah.
I'm not familiar with serum cholesterol. I'll look it up.

You're going to die soon anyway, who gives a shit what you eat.
Is your life THAT fantastic that you must preserve it for those extra five minutes? WHY?
Grow up you stupid child. Your grave is already being dug.

Though it has been established that eggs contain cholesterol, it has not yet been proven conclusively that they actually raise the level of serum cholesterol in the human bloodstream.

This is your scientifically accurate (correct) answer.

This is your "I'm a human" (also correct) answer.

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

I have to agree with your sentiment, but with a slightly less cruel spin. 70-80 years is of course nothing, just like before birth, and after death. But we can try to eat unprocessed foods like eggs, meats, vegetables, fruits and grains we prepare ourselves coupled with moderate exercise to maintain a reasonably healthy lifestyle until our DNA says the bell has tolled.

The key is minimally processed. If you have access to a farmer raising their own eggs, although you might pay $1.00/dozen more, do that.

Literally negligible unless you're a walking ball of cholesterol already or you plan on eating five dozen eggs to get large like a barge.

I'm OP.
I'm not actually concerned about living a long time, I am an alcoholic after all. I just wanted to discuss cholesterol in eggs because I had heard different things about it and wanted to see what people had to say about it here.

Indeed. And while we're at it, you should eat butter, never eat margarine, eat some chocolate, MSG is fine, HFCS is no worse than sugar, artificial sweeteners offset caloric savings over sugar by stimulating appetite, have a glass of red wine or two a day, feed peanut butter to 6-month-olds, you don't have to pair rice with beans to utilize the proteins, microwaved food won't irradiate you, have sex or masturbate regularly, and you can go for a swim right after eating.

Agree with everything except "you should eat butter." What's your reasoning behind this?

Ohh you got it all wrong, i-it's not like that.

I'm not 100 % about fructose syrup, I'll have to study that before I trust some people on the internet.
Also what's the reasoning on the wine?

OP back. Moderate butter and moderate wine consumption are definitely true. I drink way more than that but these two things are actually good for you.

Actually, I overstated that, "butter isn't bad for you" would be more accurate, in terms of currently established risk factors, barring obscure autoimmune reactions. There are fats that are healthier, so in choosing between them butter may be the less beneficial choice. It's just not bad like it used to be considered.

Tannins/resveratrol are in red wine which helps the heart. You can just eat grapes though and skip the alcohol.

I'd really like to see a source on the butter thing, the only places I see people saying saturated fat is good for you is ketofags, mostly on Veeky Forums

in decades past dieticians and doctors thought we were consuming too much animal fat, namely from butter and red meat. So they hyped the low cholesterol diet, minimizing red meat, and cutting butter out in exchange for "healthy" margerine. What happened was heart disease skyrocketed because the lipids from these sources were cut out not allowing the body to function normally.

Its the same shit that happened to eggs; people declared there was a lot of cholesterol in egg yolks, however never mentioned dietary cholesterol didn't affect serum cholesterol, and neglected to mention the yolks have all the nutrition for relatively low caloric count.

I never heard any pro butter things from keto faggots because I don't know any, but I still think that having a little bit of butter in your diet is good for you, again, moderation.

DIETARY CHOLESTEROL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BODY CHOLESTEROL

This is the exact same myth as people who think eating fat makes you fat. It's been over a year since this cholesterol thing has been conclusively debunked.

>Tolerable upper intake levels (ULs) set by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) are important, in part because they are used for estimating the percentage of the population at potential risk of adverse effects from excessive nutrient intake.
>The IOM did not set ULs for trans fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol because any intake level above 0% of energy increased LDL cholesterol concentration and these three food components are unavoidable in ordinary diets

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21521229

>2011

>hfcs is the same as sugar

this is debatable. I remember learning in biochem that the pathway for fructose tends to produce more lipids from the liver. Other than that it's about the same.

>It's from 2011 therefore it's wrong.

Human body chemistry doesn't magically evolve in 6 years. You would have to produce contradictory evidence (and a substantial amount of it) to argue that saturated fats shouldn't be limited as much as possible. Here's a recommendation from the AHA from 2013 saying saturated fat should be limited to 5-6% of calories, which is roughly 100-150 calories per day.

circ.ahajournals.org/content/129/25_suppl_2/S76.long

I haven't even mentioned the fact that butter has trans fats, which are terrible for you too.

Stop parroting pseudoscience you absolute fucking retard

>it's been over a year since this has been conclusively debunked

No it hasnt, faggot. Literally nothing has been debunked, just you confirming your own retarded biases you read on some soccer mom's blog

Oh look, the retard also thinks old means bad, even it's from 6 YEARS AGO

PLEASE eat all the eggs in the world. I'm begging you. You know nothing of nutrition or science

This is not scientifically accurate in any way. You literally just skim through Google News headlines and then just continue to smash your into the wall like a retard

its always the Veeky Forums posters that try to defend eggs

The cholesterol in eggs is dietary cholesterol. Eggs are good for you in moderation. If you have an egg yolk a day, it won't increase your LDL and won't decrease your HDL. Eggs have actually be linked to good HDL levels.
Unless you have some metabolic issue with eggs. It's fine if you eat 1 yolk a day.

If you eat a balanced diet, it doesn't matter. If you eat eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner

a) Your sharts must fucking stink
b) You might want to cut back a bit. Fuck dude, eggs all day long, every day? That's just gross.

I'd say eat eggs instead of meat, not with it.