Thoughts on Starbucks?

Thoughts on Starbucks?

Good place to get pussy

bad place to get coffee

Both correct

Evidence that people will pay far too much for coffee.

Not a whole of a hell lot.

Their coffee keeps me wired like nothing else out there. Avoid all their sugar-and-shot concoctions unless you like feeling like you're going to have a heart attack.

wtf how

My girlfriend's mom keeps giving me giftcards for there, and I never know what to get since I can make their whole menu at home. I usually get a muffin or something for breakfast and bring in my own coffee in a Starbucks cup.

I only ever get drip coffee, and it costs about the same as everywhere else. I don't see a problem.

kek

This is because they add extra caffeine to their coffee.

The surprising thing to me about Starbucks is that they don't use those vacuum pots after making a batch of coffee. Coffee goes bad (oxidizes) very quickly when not sealed.

Most people probably wouldn't notice with all the cream and sugar they put in though.

expensive watered down coffee

I don't get how it's expensive. Expensive compared to making it at home, but it's like a quarter more than bodega coffee.

The food at Starbucks is terribad. The coffee is a step up from fast food tier, but not all that great. Their espresso isn't very good but depending on where you live they might be the only game in town. Their sweet drinks are McDonald's tier.

Watered-down is one thing it's not it's quite thick and oily-seeming.
They make it fresh every 30 mins, no? Adding sugar is degenerate; they have honey behind the counter.

Everything else is too overpriced to bother with.

Too many Applefags

I'd rather have coffee that was put right away into an air pot (vacuum pot) than coffee that was made 29 minutes ago and is oxidizing. Maybe people can't tell the difference.

My gf loves them so I find myself resorting to it when I'm with her on the road or something. When I'm home in NYC I always go to my local mom & pop shop where the price averages low because they're nice and give me every fourth or fifth cup free.
I'm an oldfag so I remember when one of the first Starbucks on the east coast opened in Mt. Kisco NY. I was a teenager who drank gallons of diner coffee but would get mochas at SB. They were served in huge ceramic bowls and the place felt cool. It's so mass produced now

None. Never been there, no intention to go there.
Don't they sell some overpriced, fancy smancy coffee?

charbucks

Neither can you, I guarantee it.

G

The only reason to drink their coffee is if you work there.

t. Someone watching anime

This

This.

Their black """coffee""" was the most acidic, gut-churning garbage I've ever had

What is the best coffee you've ever had?

I think their coffee is okay. I don't get anything else. Added sugar is degenerate

>Added sugar is degenerate
This

I couldn't say. I got a French Press and grinder for Christmas and right now I'm happy with having coffee that doesn't trigger the hell out of my acid reflux.

I'm just using some Caribou Coffee medium-roast beans, but it does the trick.

>Thoughts on Starbucks?

Fuck 'em. Find a local roaster.

t. hipster

Anybody who's going there for actual espresso drinks is doing so because it's the only fucking place that will even make anything that's not watery drip coffee. That said their drip coffee is asshole

I like my $3.25 Americanos

My brother works there and we get all the "expired" stuff for free. The pastries are disgusting but the breakfast sandwiches are godly. I can prepare them at home better than they can in their ovens.

I was there yesterday for the first time in months and I find this actually believable. More qts in one place than I've seen in a while.

>I'm an oldfag so I remember when one of the first Starbucks on the east coast opened in Mt. Kisco NY.
Holy shit I was there almost every weekday in '95-'96. I worked a day job in Mt Kisco for like a year and a half, and getting a coffee at Starbucks was part of my lunch break routine. Back then the place was much more about the coffee than dressed up fast food and sweet drinks. It was aimed at people who wanted to nerd out over coffee, and it seemed like the quality was higher back then (though memory may be tricking me, and the criticism that they over roasted their coffee was always true).

They're poop coffee, and I go there while I wait for my train. If I spot a Baresso or anything else just as close ...I'll go there instead.

Their coffee in Denmark is not really expensive, if you compare it to other coffee cafés and shops - but it is expensive if you compare it to what you can get at home.

Hell even their canned coffee sold in Supermarkets like Netto is bad, compared to unknown brans who sell the same.

6 bucks for a tiny sandwich and Panera has better coffee. It's shit tier.

Dunkin' Donuts is better, which isn't saying much.

Starbucks Employee here. Starbucks over roast the shit out of their beans. I fucking hate it. Blonde roast is technically a medium with how Starbucks does shit.

Also for some reason on 2/15 they're releasing a blonde espresso roast.