My dad died of massive heart failure at 47. I'm 27. How do I avoid his fate?

My dad died of massive heart failure at 47. I'm 27. How do I avoid his fate?

Other urls found in this thread:

stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-clinics/preventive-cardiology.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethylamine_N-oxide
health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/12/how-gut-bacteria-may-help-curb-heart-disease/
news.cornell.edu/stories/2016/08/study-looks-diet-assess-link-heart-disease-metabolite
webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20170111/blood-levels-of-meat-linked-chemical-tied-to-odds-of-heart-trouble#1
youtube.com/watch?v=-IlA5gi8CH0
chriskresser.com/choline-and-tmao-eggs-still-dont-cause-heart-disease/
deniseminger.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/
anthonycolpo.com/forks-over-knives-the-latest-vegan-nonsense-dissected-debunked-and-destroyed/
theskepticalcardiologist.com/2015/08/04/the-incredibly-bad-science-behind-dr-esselstyns-plant-based-diet/
sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-china-study-revisited/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself before you reach that age.

Trap semen

Don't snort too much cocaine

exercise every single day

But Carrie Fisher lived to be 60

If he was fat, alcoholic or a drug addict, don't be any of those. If he wasn't, you got fucked genes. Pray to the good lord and never be too far from a phone.

its better to die young than to ween out like a bad memory. eat and snort whatever the fuck you want and just have fun without hurting anyone else. sometimes that means discreet hobbies

She coulda' made it to her 80s like her parents if she stayed clean.

This.
How's your mom though? Also, go to the doctor often.

Live within the vegitarian and vegan lifestyles before you know it youll be 65 and looking 30ish being slim trim and likely he picture of absolute health

Fuck these diseases caused by jewlike consumption practices

Just like, don't use your heart for like a few hours a day.

with jews, you lose

I'm 39, highschool reunion last year was weird, 5 of the 6 known bitchy vegans died in the last decade for health related reasons. Most the smokers and druggies are alive but looked 70ish.
More than 20 were listed dead of car accidents.
You just have to pick your poison (or malnourishment).

Have regular yearly blood panels, even if you don't feel sick. Exercise 30min x3's a week. Don't be obese. If the blood panels come back with an increase in cholesterol or you have high blood pressure; then listen to your doctor.

you don't
you're gonna die. live with it

Is this at Nong's in Portland? I work on the same block as the SE location.

In re: to your question, eating more meals like that Khao man gai is a good way to be healthier.

Good eye!

Yeah, I'm trying everything now.

Also, the question about my mother: She has a bit of high blood pressure, but other than that, she's great

>My dad died of massive heart failure at 47. I'm 27. How do I avoid his fate?
Have good medical insurance. Keep yourself in yearly checkups, on schedule. Preventative medical care. This is what educated people do, along with things like not abuse drugs, alcohol or nicotine, reducing stress, etc.

With your PPO, schedule to see top local cardiologist group without a referral. Explain your concern and familial history. Get a baseline EKG, fasting lipid profile, and maybe a stress test or genetic testing. Discuss your results, or even discuss diet and factors that might not occur to you.
stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-clinics/preventive-cardiology.html

My best friend in high school? Both of her parents died from stroke and heart disease by 50. She was an orphan at 20. She is on a perpetual health kick and really living every moment of her life to her best. She travels often, completed higher education so money isn't as bad a concern, and very well informed.

>She coulda' made it to her 80s like her parents if she stayed clean.
If she hadn't of coded in the air, without a defibrillator, maybe she'd still be alive.

>How do I avoid this fate?

Look at it this way, you knew the man you don't want to be.

keep a close eye on your blood pressure and heart rate

hypertension is hereditary

>If she hadn't of coded in the air, without a defibrillator, maybe she'd still be alive.
She was still relatively young to have died like that, she just did her heart damage with years of drugs and likely smoking.

it's probably unavoidable. heart disease is hereditary, and cardio alone won't even begin to help. i'd suggest going in for a screening. start taking baby aspirin or some shit.

There is no such thing as a 20 year old orphan.

This actually, OP.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethylamine_N-oxide
health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/12/how-gut-bacteria-may-help-curb-heart-disease/
news.cornell.edu/stories/2016/08/study-looks-diet-assess-link-heart-disease-metabolite
webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20170111/blood-levels-of-meat-linked-chemical-tied-to-odds-of-heart-trouble#1
youtube.com/watch?v=-IlA5gi8CH0

Current research is focusing on a substance called TMAO which is oxidized through the liver from another substance (TMA) made by our gut bacteria as a byproduct of metabolizing 2 other substances: Carnitine (principally found in red meat) and Choline (mostly found in eggs). It has been recently found to be an independent risk factor for CVD irrespective of cholesterol levels, blood pressure, weight, age, etc. (thought to encourage cardiac events by increasing general arterial inflammation, causing excess cholesterol in the bloodstream to better clump together to form plaques. and turbocharging blood platelet hyperactivity leading to giant clots when those plaques rupture).

Vegans/vegetarians' diets self-select for a different biome of gut flora that don't express TMA (and thus TMAO) even after you give them meat/eggs. Also the same studies showed that if you gave conventional omnivores a round of anti-biotics to kill off all of their developed gut bacteria they wouldn't produces TMAO either when fed meat/eggs but would again when they repeated the test after giving the subjects' stomach bacteria a few months to recover to baseline.

They are now finalizing TMAO blood tests as a diagnostic predictor for heart attacks.
tl;dr Substances contained in Meat/eggs are borken down by our gut bacteria to produce a chemical that helps cause heart disease above and beyond issues over saturated fat/cholesterol

Is that chicken rice? If that's your idea of a healthy meal, you're done. It's over. Maybe donate some blood to rid yourself of the excess cholesterol before it builds up and clogs up your arteries.

Sounds like some Forks over Knives tier bullshit. Oh and what do you know, a video from Dr. Greger. Are you going to tell me about the long debunked China study next?

The Choline TMAO link is also bullshit:
chriskresser.com/choline-and-tmao-eggs-still-dont-cause-heart-disease/

Keep trying vegan fags.

Make sure something else kills you first.

Travel to the middle east to become a wandering mercenary. Cultivate an addiction to opium. Fuck prostitutes without a condom. Use overpressured rounds in a Glock. You get the idea.

Cold water fatty fish, Monounsaturated fat, Polyphenol-rich foods, nuts, and soluble fiber.

Exercise of course, sleep, basically all the other normal shit you're supposed to do to be healthy

What's bad about dying early? I feel great happiness if I can die early. Tell me how your dad die so early, I want to learn from your dad.

>i-i-i-its bullshit because i said so!!!!!

>links a study to some paleo memeshitter fraud

NOT

I and many MANY others lol

deniseminger.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/

anthonycolpo.com/forks-over-knives-the-latest-vegan-nonsense-dissected-debunked-and-destroyed/

theskepticalcardiologist.com/2015/08/04/the-incredibly-bad-science-behind-dr-esselstyns-plant-based-diet/

sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-china-study-revisited/

....and you've been unable to actually criticize anything in the actual study. Identity politics much?

Eat healthy and exercise?

>MAY 6, 2013
Come on son, every piece of material and study source I linked was published from 2015 through January of this year.

>homeboy is getting testy about 2 years

Good thing all your 2015 material is shit, sorry that wont save you. And again you are not refuting anything. Congrats on having the latest garbage that was refuted even before it came out.

>it's probably unavoidable. heart disease is hereditary, and cardio alone won't even begin to help
Are people really this stupid? My grandfather and grandmother are both over 90, their parents were the same. (On my father's side) However, my dad died of coronary artery disease at 48. All his siblings are still alive, too, over 60. YES some people get fucked by genetics, but for most people, it's the choices you make.

Cardiovascular exercise for 30 minutes at least every other day, Moderation in your diet try to maintain portion control and only cheat once a week or less, and try to maintain a healthy level of stress in your life.

The worst thing you can do is over indulge in food, be sedentary, and live with high levels of stress and anxiety.

What kinda sauce is that? Looks like a nice meal.

>it's the choices you make
Genetics largely control how the choices you make affect you

looks like whatever sauce you have with hainanese chicken

>Pho
Not a bad start, it's a very healthy meal and hard to overeat with.

Vietnamese have a pretty healthy diet, just eating Vietnamese food every day would be an improvement.

Find a Vietfu.

>Lolisophy
>MRA
>Can't say nigger
>poo-in-the-loo
>depression
>I fucking hate women
>holocaust untruth
>men and women not equal
>Sam Harris is afraid of me
>reply to X or Y
This retard is like the epitome of alt-right/r9k/pol/ shitposting memers. Holy fuck, I don't think I've ever seen a left-wing strawman that was as big a caricature of alt-right as this guy appears to genuinely be.

>hainanese chicken
No that user but, you're right. I thought it was Pho.

Pho would be healthier, white rice is a fast carb.

user, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for this. I just ate a hamburger 30 min ago. It will be my last. Ever.

Not giving up meat altogether, but I'm going to make a hard shift towards vegetables.

Die at 46

>Find a Vietfu.

There's this Vietnamese girl I really really like. I just know I'm too ugly for her despite texting her all the time. it makes me want to die knowing she'll never see me romantically because I'm so ugly.

Commit suicide before you turn 47