rice is not filling

Then why am I full

Not for fat fucks, no.

It's A filling.

Yes it is, I eat rice with most meals.

but it is unless your fat and even then all you gotta do is eat more rice

Im not even slightly fat. Its not filling pasta is far more filling

Yep, you're fat.

1 cup of pasta is roughly 43 grams of carbohydrates.
1 cup of white rice is roughly 44 grams of Carbohydrates.

They're roughly the same with white rice edging it out slightly.

You probably weigh more than me lol
Why is pasta far more filling?

Its not, you're dumb user.

Or you have no idea how to measure and THINK you're eating less when you're actually eating more.

>Why is pasta far more filling?
it isnt you fat fucking retard, its in your head

Unless you're trolling, you might feel like pasta is more filling because the type of pasta you're eating forces you to eat more slowly.
You can gobble down a whole wok pan full of rice before you actually feel full, can't do that with spaghetti that you need to roll around your fork first.

Unless it;s brown rice you fucking retard, stop eating plebeian tier white starchy rice.

Pasta is far more filling because it has gluten unlike rice

>High volume
>Low calorie
>Not filling

Since this is the rice thread, is there anyway to improve rice? I eat a lot of rice because lmao poorfag, but it gets boring to eat boring boiled rice everytime. What kind of spices can I mix in to make something better?

Cook it in vegetable broth, chicken broth, Dashi, etc etc.

Lots you can do to spice up rice

Saffron is common too

>poorfag
>saffron

I mean, it's not THAT expensive...

It's not like you use all that much at once.

Saffron is not that expensive. I mean it's expensive as all fuck, but a small container of saffron will last you months

user, ~$20-30 will last most people a 6-12 months of cooking with saffron somewhat regularly.

If you REALLY think you'll use saffron a lot, $80 will get you a whole ounce, which is 28 grams. Most people would use 1-2 grams per year.

the hell you talking about op
Buy 120 count meatballs and a box a rice for less than 20$. Enough for 12+ meals. shits cheap and filling. and im fat fuck.

Lime (zest and/or juice), salt, garlic.

are you eyes brown?

Rude

>No fat
>No fiber
>People claiming "hurr durr a carb is a carb they are all equally filling"

There is a difference between the amount of calories something has and how much it curbs hunger, stop being autists.

There's autism, and then there's autism over common foodstuffs.

Are rice cookers a meme

Don't fall for the rice cooker jew

Having owned one, they pretty much are.
Unless you're willing to shell out $$$ for a Zoji, and even then I'd rather get an Instant Pot instead.

They cook rice.

day old rice
1 egg
1 onion
some spring onions or leek
1 red bellpepper
maybe a carrot, or broccoli, or soy sprouts to taste

chop vegetables, whisk egg. Put small amount of egg in super searing hot pan until it forms a thin pancake, remove pancake. repeat until egg is used up. Chop up pancakes into thumbnail sized pieces. Stir fry chopped vegs in still searing hot pan for a minute or three, then add rice, stir fry, then add chopped up eggs. Season with salt, pepper, soy/oyster sauce. I like to add some meat too, make it between the eggs and the veggies, add later together with the eggs.

This is exactly why I have cooked rice in my fridge ready to go most of the time

cook rice with curry, raisins and pineapple bits. Or with an onion studded with some cloves.

depends on how much you cook rice, honestly if you make it more than once a week they are pretty nice to have around. that said its not like making rice with a pot is hard so i guess if your poor just do it the normal way

I cook a rice many times a week so it's pretty useful, if you don't already eat a lot of rice it's probably not worth it.

I have one, it's pretty cool but I haven't used it in years cause honestly pots are just as good and they don't make a mess around the cooker. Rice cookers are only worth it if you get one of those expensive fuzzy logic ones

>expensive
They're like a hundred bucks dude, people around here spend more on beer in two weeks.
It's not that it's "hard", it's that you have to be hovering around the stove when it's time to turn off the heat. Rice is such a brainless task, there's no reason not to automate it. But yeah if you're not eating it every day then I can see why it might seem crazy. I feel that way about juicers because I never drink juice.

Rice is diabetes if you don't couple it with protein. But by all means, enjoy.

You could probably make 120 meatballs yourself for less and have them actually taste good.

Not to mention that making meatballs and rissoles is really fun.