I need help from a Veeky Forumsock in Connecticut

tl;dr first: I'm new to CT, help me find the best doughnut shop around

>move to CT a few years ago
>stop living paycheck-to-paycheck and can finally afford treats/day trips to explore the State
>discover Faddy's doughnuts and fall in love
>go once every other month for a while
>suddenly, both their stores are nowhere to be found
>go at random times of the day, random days of the week, never there
>Their FB and website say they are open, but never answer their phone
>Pissed off ppl posting on their FB now
>Give up, come to Veeky Forums for help

I never ate doughnuts more than maybe once a year before, but Faddy's was really something else, like I never thought doughnuts could taste that great. Since they are clearly incapable of maintaining a regular business despite having a great product, I'm wondering if any CT anons can recommend a great doughnut shop in CT or MA (that actually has like, regular hours of operation).

RI is the doughnut capital of the country; more doughnut shops per capita than any other state.

>I'm fat and only the best shit food deserves a place in my ever expanding girth

I weigh 110 lbs. Is the concept of an occasional treat too complex for you wrap your head around?

No one believes your lies

k thanks for the help

Not even OP but fuck off.

You're welcome

I thought we have been through this about how no one believes your lies...

Back to you again. Ha ha you live in Connecticut!

Trust me man, I know this shithole sucks. But I was offered a good job out of college so I took it. I want to get the hell out of here as fast as I can. Thankfully my company is pretty good with letting people work remote, so I just need to save up enough to be able to hire a mover and put a deposit on a new apartment and I'm home free.

also, screw (You)

t. Calicuck

>implying you didn't write one of those on your phone with wifi turned off

>implying I'm some faggot amerifat

Christ you're paranoid.

That's even worse. You're not really helping your case here.

>only thing worse than being American is not being American

Your country sucks. Hopefully President Trump can turn your country into something you only pretend to be proud of. It's americas fault Hitler lost you know. Do you think that's something to be proud of? Now all those europoor faggots are Muslim cucks. You are responsible for letting white Europe become the new Middle East. Good job...

Don't worry, Drumpf basically declared WWIII today.

Haha goddamn
Stay mad

>put a deposit on a new apartment and I'm home free.

The NEW american dream everybody!

pretty much. $60,000/year used to guarantee you home ownership. Now it guarantees that you won't have to live paycheck-to-paycheck.

But there's also the fact that what I earn doesn't go nearly as far in CT as it would in NC, where my family lives. I'm always flabbergasted by how cheap food is down there whenever I go to visit.

>build the wall
>tax Mexican imports
>WW3

Found the boarder jumper...

I guess a good suggestion might be to sacrifice your standard of living for 10-15 years and save every penny so you can move to a flyover state and have some land with a reasonably comfortable house, not a mansion because that's just stupid, and live a more comfortable lifestyle. That's what I did. You don't have to adopt a mouthbreather political platform just because you live amongst them.

>tax Mexican imports

Found the idiot that's happy to pay higher prices for everything because then, "muh hard working people have to work slightly harder to get across the border."

He signed an executive order to expand the military today, as though it's not already by far the most powerful in the world.

He's basically telling everyone that the US is preparing to go to war and you should do the same.

Military spending=more American jobs

It's like you get your news from huffington post

I've spent my whole life in shoreline CT, and I can tell you that there's fuck all for doughnut shops. We've got mom and pop restaurants every half mile, kickass Pizza, a thriving local brewery and vineyard scene, more delis than you could ever want to eat at, and surprisingly strong foreign food choices, but FUCK ALL SQUATSOS for doughnuts. Shits weak.

Also, the taxes are outrageous and Malloy needs to off himself ASAP.

Aww bummer. Why did Faddy's have to go and fuck up a good thing? They could have had the monopoly on doughnuts in this state.

Guess I'll continue to enjoy A Dong and Maruichi. All we need is an H-Mart in CT and we've got all of Asia covered here.

>He signed an executive order to expand the military today, as though it's not already by far the most powerful in the world.

US "defense" (offense) budget already higher than the next 30 countries combined. Who is the real threat to the world?

"muh"
Who's muh? You mean YOUR hard working people?
If you want to be an American, then you can pay to get your fucking citizenship like my parents did.

Glad they came in legally from where the fuck ever.
You should be proud of them.
I'm not from CT, but my friend just got back from a visit with his parents. I'd ask him and get back to you if this tread didn't turn in to a faggy political debate. Thanks for having me, though.

I moved to Connecticut from Missouri five years ago and I've had the time of my life ever since. I've had so much fun exploring all around the state, eating awesome food, staring at beautiful scenery, making friends, and taking advantage of my proximity to NYC and Boston. It's expensive, but viable if you have a good enough job. I don't even mind the taxes. Admittedly, the rich/poor divide here *is* very stark, but there's no reason that has to affect my personal quality of life.

One thing I did have to adjust to was the sheer density of people, but once I learned to always do certain things at off-peak hours (grocery store, post office, commuting, etc.) I haven't really had trouble.

What can I say? I honestly like it here. Maybe that's because I only have Missouri - and before that, Iowa - to compare it to, but I think I'll be perfectly happy to settle down here.

/pol/ is fucking everywhere this happens in like 1/3 threads on every board except /a/

Do you find that people in CT are standoffish and downright mean compared to Missouri? I moved here from Philly and lived in NC for a time, and people are so much kinder in other places I've lived. It makes me so sad that people here aren't nicer to each other. It's not hard to do.

Found the half Chinese half Mexican who wants millions of Americans to remain unemployed while foreign countries employ tens of millions of people manufacturing things to be sold in America because American companies can't afford to produce anything for the same price that no minimum wage slave labor countries can manufacture it for.

Not at all. I had a preconception of mean, surly Northeasterners / New Englanders before I moved here, but I haven't really found a difference from where I lived before! There are mean people and kind people everywhere.

Maybe the best example I can think of is when I was driving in Iowa while I was back visiting my folks. I needed to turn left from a four-lane street into a parking lot, and both people in the opposing lane stopped to let me turn. How nice, I thought...

...and then I saw that repeated in the middle of Hartford, Connecticut only a few days after I got back.

People do tend to move a little faster up here, but one mustn't confuse that with rudeness or meanness.

Where do you live in Ct? I'm in the black rock area and there are a few donut shops here that are pretty good.

1. Donut crazy: they make those donuts that have tons of shit piled onto it like bacon or cereal, and induces diabetes.

2. Dixie Donuts: these tend to be better with more traditional flavors, and higher quality.

I'm in Vernon. Dixie donuts sound good, hope they freeze well cuz if I'm driving 90 minutes round trip I'm stocking up

If you do come down, definitely get extra of the lemon lavender, it is absolutely heavenly.

And for your viewing pleasure

>Vernon, home of Rein's

Man I wish there were more Jewish delis in central CT. Other than Rein's and Crown Market I don't have a whole lot of options around here

Rein's is the real fuckin deal.

>weather too shit to go for a jog
>no football

guess I have plans on Sunday after all

It truly sucks that people are so fucking boring these days that they have to be dependent upon their political views/brainwashing.

>people are so fucking boring these days that they have to be dependent upon their political views/brainwashing

/pol/ garbage infects every other thread because brainwashed retards elected an insane mobster with the education of a 4th grader to be president of the most powerful country in the world... It's kind of in your face every single day, user.

Ain't that the truth. And it's only been one godawful week out of how many? I don't even want to do the math.

I'm putting my money on him going down before the end of the second round.

there are 52 weeks in a year. 50x4 is 200. 2x4 is 8.... so there's 208 in four years. 207 to go, right?
and this is exactly the faggy political shit i was talking about earlier.

East coast 4 lyfe bro

get some wings over, fuckboy

don't talk shit about new england if you haven't had the best boneless wings in the country

1,417 days until Trump is re-elected

>boneless wings

>anime
Faggot

Fuck you and your dead mother in the ass.

Dry.

Boneless wings aren't wings.

Tendies are for children.

Glazed in Northampton or Amherst is the best, if you're in northern CT and don't mind an hour drive

If you're in Vernon save your donut money and take a trip up to treehouse brewing in MA. best beer in the country.

Can't help with donuts but the best ice cream I've had there was at Rich's Farm in Oxford CT. One of the better creameries in the country.

I don't drink user. Sugar is my vice, but I have to admit when I did drink, the best beer I ever had was a raspberry beer from a small brew pub in the middle of nowhere PA. This place also had the best sandwiches I've ever tasted in my life. Do they have fruit beer and great food? If so I'm totally down for a trip there.

I have had multiple people tell me that Litchfield Co. is the place to go for ice cream. I live kinda close to UConn so the creamery there is the only local ice cream I've had in CT. Once it gets warmer I'd be down to take a drive for some ice cream.

i love you and your mother.
i voted for him, but time will tell if i do again.
i got so tired of the establishment, but i'm worried about him being a stooge.
at least if he gets reelected he didn't do it because he's black or a woman.
identity politics is killing this country.