Essential curry recipe

so ive looked some recipes and some are very easy/modest. so im asking whats the essential one. like most authentic/tasty?

go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/vahchef
youtu.be/MNsPLcMLLuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So you're essentially asking us to Google recipes and post them here for you?

Every internet browser now has it where you can just type your question into the address bar. You don't even have to go to Google.com.

I mean, back in the day, you could always set Google as your homepage. I still catch myself setting it on every new computer I get. But it's unnecessary now. You're kind of being a pretentious dick by wasting precious Veeky Forums megabits on this thread.

Good luck tho bro.

I guess, I mean if you can't find palm sugar.

garlic, ginger, onions, garam masala, tomatoes, yoghurt

this tee bee aitch

>15 800 000
yeah but im asking the best ones out of those 15 million hits. i dont wanna blindly get some recipe. i googled it a few days ago and the first one i looked at was terribly plain.

Don't reply to these ppl plz.

If you want Indian curry, check out the videos by this guy youtube.com/user/vahchef

If you want Thai, I watch videos by importfood.com

Really, if I'm trying to make something I know very little about, I watch a bunch of videos until I see one that seems like a good one.
That's where it begins.
Then comes trial and error.

>if you want a good laugh, turn the subtitles on the vah reh vah videos.

lol

can i get some amounts to use on these?

Oh yeah you're right no one should ask for people's favorite curry recipe on the cooking board because it should be 100% shitposting mcchikens.. get out.

>Really, if I'm trying to make something I know very little about, I watch a bunch of videos until I see one that seems like a good one.
That's where it begins.
Then comes trial and error.

Are you me?
That's how I mastered my barbecue recipe.

thanks this helps very much

NP

amazingribs.com?

I had this book recommended to me OP when I was first starting out making Indian curries, my friend said it is god tier but I haven't bought it myself yet.

50 Great Curries of India - by Camellia Panjabi

This one is probably not very authentic but it works for me.

40g butter
2 tablespoons (40ml) vegetable oil / Ghee
4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons tandoori masala
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
15 green cardamom pods
Chilli powder, amount varies on taste preference.
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoon Indian curry paste (tandoori paste)
140g tomato paste
1 (400ml) tin coconut milk
1 cup plain yogurt
pinch salt to taste

Fry off the spices in the vegetable oil (or ghee) and butter, add onion and garlic, then curry paste, add chicken and toss for a couple of minutes, add tomato paste and coconut milk and yogurt and simmer until desired consistency.

You're right, I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget that this isn't a cooking forum. Its more of a Yahoo! answers type thing.

You see, OP is just flat out requesting a recipe.
No conversation.
No contributing.
Just a request.

Now, I've only been here for about 9 years, but I was under the impression request threads were directed somewhere else.

But you're right. I'm the shitposter in this situation.

(you)
(you)
(you)
(you)
How many do you need to quell your ego for the night, sweetheart?

>Just a request.
...for some opinions.
>I've only been here for about 9 years
Maybe it's time to move on if you're unhappy with the content.

Nah.
I got the food network app. I just watched a bunch of videos wrote down the ingredients that showed up in almost every recipe and then just experimented until I had something I liked.

that vahguy blew my mind with butterchicken recipe. after fryin he made the sauce from the spices left. then he blendered that to a paste. damn..

thanks for details.

Yeah, honestly I'm not a fan of Indian food, but his Butter Chicken looks fucking dank. He has a few different recipes for it. I used a lot of his ideas when I did a benefit dinner for Nepal a few years ago.

What do you use to smoke? That site I mentioned is pretty good even with all the pop-ups.

Request for recipes... on the cooking board.. and you're upset.
must have been a long 9 years kid.

>let me tell you how this board should be run

You really should lurk moar

Prevalent shitposting doesn't negate the fact that it explicitly states all request threads go in /r/.

It always surprises me to see people who vehemently defend their actions, despite the fact that they are in the wrong.

All OP had to do to skirt this fiasco was post a couple of recipe examples that he had found and tried himself. Instead, he uses Veeky Forums as his own personal Siri.

If it upsets you so much why don't you just report the thread and move on to another thread you want to view?
If the mods/janitors want to remove it they would, but the best part is when you report it the thread is hidden so it can't upset you anymore and you can go back to the pages of trolls and shitposters who aren't trying to talk about cooking.

Their intent is to derail the thread.
It's okay, I replied too, but they just really want to contradict. Veeky Forums is notorious for bait taking.
>all request threads go in /r/
is bait.

On topic
I use premade curry paste.
"awaken" some of the paste in oil
add coconut milk and stock
add whatever veg and meat
finish with a bit of curry paste

I think it's interesting to note that Thai curry doesn't use the "building of flavors" like one would use in traditional Western cooking.
It's hard to unlearn, but caramelization isn't a thing in Thai cooking so much. You don't saute the veg or try to get coloring on proteins.
It's more about fresh flavors cooked (steamed/boiled) until just tender.

It's not bait, it's global rule #16.

(you)
muh grobal rue!
>9 years
Do you have a curry recipe or not?

Look for a book called curry with david thompson which goes over 6 different regional variations on curries and from a brief look is definitely authentic. Seeing as you want authentic and tasty you're going to have to go a little bit further than most shitty western recipes.
It's been uploaded on non torrent book pirating websites if that matters like gen lib.

Palm sugar is tough to find in the US outside of major cities. Can always order it online though I guess.

One from a friend of mine. Generic chicken curry from southern india. Forgive mistakes because I am quite drunk

So you cut a bunch of onions very finely
Add ginger garlic paste
Add garum masala
Maybe chuck in some extra tumeric
Chuck chicken cut up medium sized into that (go with thigh)
Cook for a bit till browned
Add several tomatos cut finely
Add some water to cover it
Add whatever vegetables you want
Cook until vegetables are done
Serve.

It's ok

>so ive looked some recipes and some are very easy/modest. so im asking whats the essential one. like most authentic/tasty?
For indian curry, I buy pastes and simmer sauces, and put my time into the technique of browning the meat, or very low heat simmering of pork or chicken to keep it tender and not overcooked. I put fresh spices into my rice. Or I'm making yogurt chicken, where I lovingly toast my chosen ratios of (garam masala) dry spices in oil first, take off the heat, add fresh garlic, fresh ginger, lemon juice, zest, and rub marinate the chicken overnight in the cooled marinade and bake. That's from scratch. I might spike my rice with cinnamon, bay leaves or cumin, per my whim. It always gets fresh herbs at the end even if not traditional, from cilantro to parsley.

Most of the time my preferred curry will be Thai based, and my mood varies. The kaffir lime and lemongrass are my only difficult to find locally flavors, so I might sub some lime zest or more similar, or doctor up something bought that does have them. Fresh basil or cilantro is a must. A good amount of freshness is key to my liking a Thai curry, so it's from scratch always: chilies, garlic, citrus, fresh onion, fresh peppers, fish sauce, coconut cream, mushrooms, etc.

This recipe's great. I made it.

youtu.be/MNsPLcMLLuk

I changed it a bit though. I cooked the tomatoes down with the onion, once it was browned before blitzing with the yoghurt.

chicken tikka at foodwishes is goat