GIVE ME YOUR BEST CAKES

I NEED CAKES
What's your favorite? I love ones with heavy thicc cream cheese icing, a rich interior, and nuts if possible.

Thinking about trying this one soon.
shugarysweets.com/2016/03/carrot-cake-cheesecake-cake

POST CAKES

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/inside-out-german-chocolate-cake-103202
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you tried opening a box of cake mix, adding eggs, oil, and water, mixing it up, and then drinking the entire bowl of raw cake batter like the pile of human filth you are?

I'm a simple man, I like a simple white or yellow cake with a butter cream icing.

Adolf Hitler Cake

His personal baker would make a fresh cake every day and it would be gone quickly.

2 cups white sugar
1/2 pound butter
3 eggs
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups diced Macintosh apples

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.

Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.

Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.

>You will never hag out with Hitler and nick sweets with him from the pantry while he tells you war stories.

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it.

i don't have a real recipe, but i love mixing crushed pineapple into any cake batter.

I'm definitely gonna have to give this a go when I'm back from my vacation.

>Order chocolate lava crunch cakes from dominos
>After finishing order, realize it's 12:10 at night and call the place to make sure they're actually delivering this late
>Guy on the phone seems to think I'm implying they're taking a long time
>"It's in the ovennnnnn"
>When it gets here I notice something different from all the other times I order this
>There is this yellowish white paste between the cake and the sugar
Did they ejaculate on my cake? I still ate it and it tasted good but I'm just curious

I've made this. It's fucking awesome. Golden Delicious works well too, and you can partially sub in some raisins if you like them.

no thats what happens to the powdered sugar when it sits on the lava cakes for an overly long time.

>After finishing order, realize it's 12:10 at night
>ordering two huge cakes on a whim
Damn I hope that's cum. You deserve it fatty.

>Huge cakes
Those are the size of cookies, you know how 'za joints like to charge $6 for brownies/cookies/"cakes" that are smaller than a jewel case

THIS is a big cake I can eat in one sitting

>Make cake from scratch
>Also make filling and buttercream from scratch
>Lose appetite for cake when I think about the pounds of butter that went into it

I really just like building cakes for others than eating them, but simple tea cakes are great too

Piggy

Hummingbird cake is god-tier for that reason. Pineapple + honey peanuts + pecans = mmf

nigga you fat

POST CAKES

Challenge accepted.

>THIS is a big cake I can eat in one sitting

Am I the only one on this board who thinks that cake is awful tasting food with unappealing texture and disgusting white sugar paste?

I really hate it. Nearly gagging seeing this stuff on page 1.

You haven't had good cake then desu senpai.

Generic cake is as you describe, even worse if just store bought garbage.

Yes I have had many a homemade cake, I just don't like the stuff, it seems like a really bad idea to not just eat steak or vegetables or carbs instead.

HOLY SHIT my mom bought that thing from a Costco one day and it tasted like a plastic pinwheel. GROCERY CAKES NOT EVEN ONCE

Mom makes me a chocolate-orange roll cake with raspberries for my birthday every year. Vanilla ice cream included. Looks simple enough; has anyone here attempting to make a roll cake like this? Or even know the actual name? I just call it that.

Raspberry cream, vanilla cake, yuzu flakes, meringue, & freeze dried raspberry powder.

This is a serious contender for the cake I'm going to ask for (or buy for myself) on my birthday.

This is the other possibility.

Banana cake, dulce de leche, cinnamon cream cheese & malted milk crumbs.

Where I am from it's called a swiss roll, usually vanilla cake with cream and jam but chocolate versions are pretty common.
Not sure if that name is regional or not.

never fails.

What's with oreos? They're highly over rated and taste like a factory made biscuit, never got the hype about them.

They look good and normies like them.

Oh I remember reading about that. It was his special midnight craving cake. The baker would make one and set it out all discrete-like so he could "conveniently" find it when he got hungry in the middle of the night.

I made this inside out German Chocolate cake and it was probably the my favorite to date.

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/inside-out-german-chocolate-cake-103202

Neat, I was actually thinking of making that too.

took forever to make and won't look nearly as good as pic, but wow did it taste amazing.

Store bought german chocolate icing/cake doesn't toast the coconut or nuts and doesn't caramelize the condensed milk.

I'm getting hungry thinking about this.

what a bunch of cakesters

Layered Bologna Cake with mayonnaise and mustard icing

Killer cakes all round.

>the plane isn't edible as well
Can't give you more than 9/11.

I made one with alternating strawberry and red velvet layers for valentine's day a couple years ago, and it was tasty, but it's ugly. so here is a pretty cake.

here's another pretty cake. apparently both these have the lacey stuff made out of some kinda frosting or fondant.

Fuck all those decorated fairy cakes with disgusting frosting. A giod old fashioned honey cake is all you need.

>Can't give you more than 9/11
This thread.