Gold prospecting

Does it make sense to go out in the wild and try to find gold in streams and stuff?
I love nature and wouldn't mind staying in the wilderness for months, but could it actually be profitable or is it just an ancient meme?

Attached: 1361414747.jpg (500x366, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goldgold.com/gold-prospectinggold-panning-instructions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3iL4WnZTsMg
shutterstock.com/image-photo/gold-panning-man-striking-rich-by-55751620?src=0ndgeHmxVRGdWvdDiKRtpg-1-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bamp

Attached: 146164747124.jpg (1920x1200, 529K)

no but the nigget in your pic is all you need for trading

Imagine the adrenaline rush when you find one like this.

Months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months of combing through small piles of gravel and walk away with nothing. Would you be OK with that?

Fuck yeah. Living in awesome beautiful nature, drinking crystal clear water, breathing the purest air, eating raw salmon. And on top of that I may even find gold? Sign me in.

I looked into panning. Sounds like fun desu. I love to go out for hikes so this would be an ideal activity. Think of it is mining electroneum. Those crumbs of gold will add up.

goldgold.com/gold-prospectinggold-panning-instructions.html

What is it 30$/g?
May as well smelt down old electronics for gold/silver

This is what is being done to brazilian rainforests just to find a few grams per day. They literally wash away thousands of cubic metres of dirt to filter the mud for miniscule amounts of gold nuggets.
I mean you can be lucky of course but I think all places that are known for their natural resources are being exploited already.
And if there are some that are still free it's probably because you're not allowed to mine there because of environmental protection or something.

Attached: dsc05158.jpg (1500x997, 504K)

This video is also very good. This guys channel is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=3iL4WnZTsMg

you would get sick of it in 2 days and run back to Veeky Forums

Another pic, don't know if the first one is an actual gold mine, this is one

Attached: mine.jpg (800x600, 49K)

>few grams a day

at $30/g, they're running an operation like that on an income of about $100/day?

These are the people who give you investment advice, never change Veeky Forums

Looking into it. It actually seems really fun.

Who said anything about mining. It's not like I plan to drive an excavator into some protected area.

Sure buddy.

Hydraulic mining has been illegal for over 100 years. They must be doing something else like restoration work.

You can't just wander around in Alaska and pan for gold, stupid. Most of the prime areas are state land, and not allowed, or have glacier claims, so any gold you find belongs to the stake holder. There's a handful of places you can just go and pan, but they're tourist traps and were panned out over a hundred years ago.
The same goes for the lower 48, as well. You have to find out where it's legal to pan and keep any gold you find, and the theoretically rich areas have stake claims or are state/federal land.

Do you bozos really think nobody has thought of all of this already? How fucking naive are you?

AT BEST, you might find enough gold to make a pea size nugget, after a couple of weeks/month. Gold hasn't been laying around in creek beds for hundreds of years. Why do you think the gold rush ended, they got bored?
The only potential to get rich is either pure fucking luck, or buying land in gold-bearing areas and getting mining permits. Good fucking luck.

look at those giant puddles of gold tho

No, it doesn't 99.9% of time.

BTW, this picture is staged, it's from Shutterstock.

shutterstock.com/image-photo/gold-panning-man-striking-rich-by-55751620?src=0ndgeHmxVRGdWvdDiKRtpg-1-2

There's a reason why a lot of small gold mining operations are penny stocks, stupid.

What a retarded post.
You wouldn't go to some touristy soit because those are obviously cleared out you dumb fuck.

Is there anyone retarded to enough to think that is actual gold in the picture? Then again, this is the lowest IQ board after /pol/, so it wouldn't even surprise me.

you wil NEVER find a nug resembling anything in this pic. you will find at best tiny flakes smaller than sand

Because you literally can't go do it anywhere else, you fucking buffoon.

Now keep arguing from ignorance, you pathetic neckbeard.

and check out those piles of gold in the foreground. why the fuck are they digging into the mud back there?

>hurr you cant go

Pussy. Who's going to stop you in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

Skinwalkers

sure could be a hoby, but is it worth it... I don't know

People have found nuggets, but usually from just pure luck. Someone found a big one in CA, but the odds of finding one are higher than winning the Powerball. And the big nuggets don't look like the picture, you have to know what you're looking for, and the gold refined and cleaned. That picture is what the retards in this thread are jerking off over, and it's a staged picture from Shutterstock.
Alaska chews up and spits out tons of get rich quick gold panners every year, mostly for fucking around on private or state land. They're too fucking stupid to understand that land was locked up before they were born, back in/after the real Gold Rush.

Attached: 1491342893328.jpg (126x97, 2K)

Like your lame ass would survive a day in remote Alaska, you pathetic fuck. You'd be grizzly food.

Your projections are showing you retarded little bitch.

With a water supply you can run a small trailer sluce and get gold if you like shoveling.

I prospected a river that runs 90% on private land owned by my family. There's gold there, and it's a nice hobby. I would never do it instead of a job tho.
But if I find more, I probably will do something with bigger machines.

just let him LARP user
he is probably LINKlet too

>hurr projectuns

Attached: 1519579956302.png (485x443, 26K)

t. soyboys who cant fanthom living outside their mom's basement

I'm not even thinking of it being a job, just something to do when you retire. How often did you try it?

I first went shovel and pans, now I use a hand dredge to get the dirt from underneath the rocks under the water, plus a little sluice box.
It's fun, exiting, but I never tell my family about my gains. Gold fever is a real thing, and there are some really crappy family members with more rights than me.

>soyboys who cant fanthom living outside their mom's basement
says the fucking NEET lmao

That's pretty fucked up if you think about. Literally every natural resource is already divided up so vast majority coming into the world have jack shit for them, even worse if they're brainlets

And how often, forgot to tell you. Not as often as I would like, but 2-4 times a year when the weather is good. It's not very close from where I live, so I have to clear up a whole week to make it worthwhile.

Smart call user. They don't need to know.

lol why are you still here pimpleface

That's awesome. I really hope I can make some decent gains to someday buy land and just live out there. Gold or no gold, it's still a dream come true.

Early adopters were in 1840s, you're kinda late to the game senpai

If your serious you better buy a plot of land in a really remote area of Alaska.

It would be cheap and you'd be more likely to find some.

Oh, look, it's "muh projections" faggot.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You show up in every fucking thread neckbearding about "muh projections" every time someone disagrees with you, faggot.

Reeeeeeeeeee

That's when the gold rush happened. Doesn't mean that they've mined the entire planet. Just need to find new locations.

I'm seriously considering this. Even if there's no gold, it's an absurdly beautiful place. What kind of price does land go by in Alaska?

oh look the faggot nerd is still here

You can stake claims, too, but most of the choice spots are claimed already. It's a process, but it's not impossible.

I've actually done this.

lost all my money but spent 4 months in the wilderness with my dog. I loved it and would do again. just don't expect to make any money.

imagining anyone on this board considering actually doing this.
t. fucking desperate for any gains after the last bull run but not about to tard it up out in the wild, booking it with shit filled undies away from bears and skinwalkers while rooting about for flecks of fucking gold.

Attached: 1521815783115.jpg (399x385, 50K)

It's all about the nature. Money's just the optional bonus that may or may not happen.
Where did you go?

Goldmining without negros is mining
Cryptomining as a negro is Goldmining.

Never ever

>nothing illegal could happen in the Brazilian rainforest like massive deforesting for cattle and mining

Sounds like browsing biz but I'd be getting fresh air and vitamin D.

Not exactly sure. My Wife's brother has something crazy like 50 acres and he got it for only 15-20K

Damn. That's crazy cheap. Must've been a long time ago I guess?

>most of the choice spots are claimed already
claims only last a few years if idle

Quality burn

Attached: approved.jpg (458x465, 150K)

Gold prospecting is more of a hobby than a way to actually make money. Source: family owns a mining claim.

2009 if memory serves. He loves it up there but he says it can be pretty dangerous. More so the people than nature. He always has his pistol on him. If you're an outdoorsmen who doesn't mind the cold then likely that's the life for you.

He lived in Upstate New York originally and said the weather isnt much different. Slightly more snow but not bad. He does a lot of fishing (lives in a houseboat) and hunting. He doesn't have anything for electricity if he runs out of diesel for his generator and it can be quite expensive to live there if you don't hunt because everything is flown in.

If you want to live like a prospector I doubt there is a better place to be.

Is there any reason for a rich person to make prospective land acquisitions in Alaska?

Anything ever gonna happen there?

digital gold

Attached: 1506857124931.jpg (663x707, 50K)

Don't know about prospective land acquisition in Alaska. But I know that if a rich person has two brain cells to rub together and enough disposable income they will buy up as much beautiful remote acreage in Alaska. With Global warming that shit is going to be inhabitable fast they return they would see in 30 years will be pronominal.

phenomenal too

That gave me a huge nature boner. Seriously what more do you want in life. If you're extra lucky you may even be able to convince a girl to move there with you.
I'm seriously gonna look into land acquisition over there.

Ok what about this.
Buy land in Alaska- any land with a road connecting it
Build some cabins - cheap shitty cabins. No plumbing or electricity necessary.
Rent out the cabins to gold prospecting faggots. Whatever you find in the woods you keep
Sell t-shirts and pans

>He always has his pistol on him.
This always makes me laugh, the liberals go up to Alaska to "commune with nature" and get offended when they're told to take a large calibre pistol, rifle or shotgun with them, or they'll get eaten.

>Buy land in Alaska
>any land with a road connecting it

Pick one.
>Build some cabins - cheap shitty cabins
>No plumbing or electricity necessary.
Like you have a choice. You think you're gonna find sewers or get the electric company a mile outside of town? Have you ever BEEN to Alaska?
>Rent out the cabins to gold prospecting faggots. Whatever you find in the woods you keep
That'll make you around $100 a year. Before you pay for any of that.
>Sell t-shirts and pans
People are already doing that, have been forever, it's part of the tourist trade.

If you want to make money, buy land, and lease it to hunting guides. Get a percentage of the kills. There are people making good money from it already. That, or buy a condo or house in Anchorage, and rent it to tourists or AirBnB it.

Do you really think nobody up there hasn't thought of everything you can come up with already? Anchorage runs on tourism. You can rent anything up there, hunting guides, fishing guides, gold panning, sea plane rides, glacier boat rides, dog sled rides, all of it. There's a place in Anchorage that rents Harleys for rich tourists.

Or murdered for their goods/drugs. He said it happens all the time up there. The unfortunate (read as stupid) one disappears and his place is ransacked. They never find the body probably due to how much uncharted space there is.

Anyone crazy enough to go up there but aren't prepared to defend themselves deserve what they get. It's the only wild west life in America.

Libshits go to Alaska? kek what for

Good luck dude. BIL lived fairly close to anchorage and got bar babes to come back to his abode. Not too many chicks up there and even fewer that are good looking, the few that are are alcoholics.

How am I gonna calculate a percentage of their kills? When would I get paid? When they sell the hide or some shit? Fuck that I'm not a game warden. The idea is to make money with as little work and capital outlay as possible dude. I don't give a fuck about your sewage problems. Write a letter to Sarah Palin

Because they all watch Discovery channel and want to go up for juicy Instagram bragging rights. They're tourists. Why do they go anywhere?

Alaska is an amazing place, of you go off the beaten tourist track with people who live there, too. That's why all the documentary people started going up there.

That crab boat show did more for tourism than it did for crab sales. And it boosted crab sales pretty decently.

Okay, NEET. Have fun larping. The minute you're confronted with reality you turn into a pissy eyed little girl.

You got the crab show, you got mountain men, you got gold rush they might as well rename the fucking channel ALASKA PROPAGANDA.

And people say our media isn't controlled.

you killed this thread faggot

The Alaskan Board of Tourism promoted and made deals for all of that. Thank them. The media can't do any of that without permission from the state. Some of the shows were semi-decent, like Life Below Zero, but shows like Ice Road Truckers were fucking ridiculous.

No, your little girl bitching did. The thread is shit, anyway, because it's just more NEET get rich quick bullshit.

20 to 30g/ day but depends on the machinery you use, and technique, you need knowledge and these wooden structrures are good so you need a relatively big initial investment

not good*

>Ice Road Truckers

I forgot about that meme.

Please don't do this you people already spread enough autism on here, I don't want to go fishing out here in Colorado and see some lard ass panning for gold in the river.

Attached: LMAOing At Ur Life.jpg (750x775, 122K)

>goes on /pol/, gets butthurt about race realism
>calls everyone nazis
>gets laughed at
>complains about pol forever after