Bump while drinking

What is Veeky Forums drinking tonight. Got a dram of this with a cube in it.

Only the nectar of the gods itself. ww@, cincibros?

old fashioned with pic related

neat

Hmmm, I just realized that not only did I not post a fancy liquor, but this stuff is made in Comstock, MI. I guess I fail on multiple levels.

i did my taxes today.

neat

I didn't even get my W-2's yet.

What is that, some sort of a Jap vodka?

why don't you go over to an alcohol message board, psycho. Same psycho posting alcohol threads all day. You are a sick individual.

Um..... what?

Pic related. It's very mild; not too acidic.
I rate 7/10

I came over from Veeky Forums
alcohol threads dont go over so well there.

Had a beer earlier, with dinner. Probably going to make a screwdriver in a bit

At least this one can talk.

Ok so real talk: how many do you guys usually have in a sitting with this stuff? Because whenever I get hard liquor, I pretty much wind up going through most of the bottle in a night. I never really got a bottle just to have around for a night cap or something though. I suppose that's what you're supposed to do?

You are not supposed to drink the whole bottle.

I make a drink with two shots. I drink 3-4 of them a night when I want some drinks.
Never had a problem with drinking a whole bottle because I really hate hangovers and I'm usually at least talking to someone. I don't want to embarrass myself.

Cheap beer. Not poor, i just like malt beer, and this is the only one I can find that isn't a 40. Plus the pop top is fucking sweet!

I really like the cans like this. Wish more brewers would use them.

Basically this. Enough to feel a solid buzz, but im not getting drunk unless its a party.

Can Guinness isn't quite as smooth as tap Guinness, but whatever.

Yeah... I figured that. That could get kind of expensive...

i go through bottles pretty slowly. a couple of times per week, i have one or two decent pours in a night from one of the 3 or 4 bottles i have around.

I see. What do you think about having one of these around, and what do people usually fill them with? Scotch?

those seem like they would be okay if you are 60 years old.

dont waste good shit when you're sloshed unless you're rich enough to not give a hoot.

Just some good ol' pisco

Yes, but they're usually shit unless they have some kind of seal. If not, all the alcohol evaporates within a couple weeks

Why would people sell them without a seal?
People that are 60 years old usually have made all their money already, so you may have confused being old with having wealth.

I like the look of the bottle more than a dacanter. It just looks like something that belongs in grandmas china hutch

I would imagine if there's no seal it's probably just glass or something instead of crystal. But I've also heard people stopped using them because they had lead or something. Anyway the set I saw at crate and barrel was like 350 dollars so that just seems like a retarded amount to charge people who want to look rich. BUT. There must be a reason this item exists. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Just got out the hospital fopr acute pancreatitis, got a 'helper' coming round tomorrow. I'm 70cl of rum and 4 cans of stealla down. c'est la vie. Nearly out of smokes.

How can you stand this stuff? I mean, it's better than Jim beam or Jack but why? A friend gave me a bottle and after a while I gave up and used it to deglaze pans.

Sorry your majesty, obviously our pleb tastes are inscrutable to you. Yet, here you are on Veeky Forums, not posting oc

>it's better than Jim beam or Jack
>he's tasted jim beam and jack
kek

drinking some clones

Just got off work and gonna flex my tiki muscles. Mixing up a Corn 'n' Oil right now.

Shave your arse blue and shout FREEEDOM.

Get some bitters and simple syrup. You can find both at a grocery store for pretty cheap.

Three dashes of the bitters, splash of water, half a shot of simple syrup, two shots of whiskey. Mix that shit up. Fill a glass with ice and pour it over that. If you don't like that, then maybe try a different type of liquor.

You misunderstand. I love bourbon, but Maker's Mark is just disgusting. First of all it is too mellow for my taste but to each their own. Then around half a glass in I just can't stand its almost chemical aftertaste.

Currently sipping some Wild Turkey 101, far better.

>flatmates pregame before going to the bars
>one of their friends brings the aforementioned liquors
>proceed to have my biases confirmed
At least now I don't all them shit without having had any.

When you clean the glass Vincinent don't clean it too well.

Why vodka taste like shit? it like just water mix with some shit alcohol

We upgradin' to Dirt 'n' Diesel now. Fernet and blackstrap rum hits the spot.

Not pictured: blue arse.

Usually 2 or 3, and I have a beer to sip on alongside over the course of the night. If I am wanting to drink a lot, I don't drink whisky as I find after 4 or 5 your senses get dulled and there is no point in drinking the good stuff.

I was supposed to see the dentist about the tooth I fucked up, instead I pushed very hard on another tooth and that one as well fucked right out of it's socket
So now I have 2 teeth missing, I fucking need to stop doing this shit

i've always wondered this myself. i don't have a shot glass to measure it but I think my consumption for the night is somewhere between 1.5-2 shots. after that i start getting a little sideways so there is no point in drinking the good shit.

i could be wrong though. im pretty fucked up when it comes to substance abuse so I could actually be consuming 5 or 6 shots. i just have no way of measuring

>Dirt 'n' Diesel
That sounds like kind of anal video starring Shane Diesel.

I'm staying off hard liquor now.. I'm not going stronger than beer and wine. The weaker stuff does the same thing basically and I don't want the strong shit to fry my liver anymore. I like the earliest stages of being drunk the most anyway.

That's why I stopped buying good stuff. If a friend or family has some nice stuff to try then it's a real treat. But if I buy nice stuff I just slam it anyway. If I ever buy another nice bottle I'm making a rule for myself to only share it. Otherwise I'll stick to Jim Beam.

That's what popped into your mind when you read the name? You need help.

Maybe 1-2 per night.
If I'm trying to get drunk I pour big drinks so it's hard to measure. Probably had 7 or 8 on an empty stomach last night.

It looks like cum, but it tastes pretty good.

/thread

Ehh, Maker's Mark is pretty good for sipping with ice, especially at that price point

Pollack reporting in, tastes pretty average to me.

>What's a whiskey brand that's surprising good for its (low) price?
I mean for someone who doesn't get paid in euros or dollars.

sweet potato liquor

it's good but not great, not sure it pairs with anything on this planet

fun fact: in Japan drinking shochu is a "subtle" sign you are gay

I just got into Irish / Scotch and I love this stuff. Am I trash?

Is there something in the same price range that doesn't have fucking food coloring?

I'm not a weeb my any metric, but the way Japs design and shape their bottles is very comfy.

Drinking it neat.

When it comes to whiskey(I'm Irish) I really like a smokey peaty dram, I decided to pick up the double black because it was meant to be smokier than the black label and it was 27 euro.

I was just, really dissapointed, don't get me wrong, considering a bottle of Jamesons back in Ireland is 30 quid I'm not complaining about it for it's price, but I mean, it was just such a let down with all the talk about it. Especially since I could get a bottle of Lagavulin for about 15 euro more.

Must remember to bring two bottles of Lagavulin back to Ireland when I move, it's 90 euro a bottle there.

So how do you find the black label? Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice whiskey, just not what I was looking for.

Bushmills is my go to for a hot whiskey

Yeah there's probably a bit of colouring in the standard Bush range, but Black Bush does have some sherry butt ageing (not that you'd get that much colour depth out of a few months)

If you like that though you'll dig Jameson Crested (previously Crested Ten), another sherry blend with a lot more pronounced vanilla notes, and around 3yrs older stock than regular Jameson. Some are adamant that they changed the recipe between rebranding but I'd say it's probably younger stock they're using

Where bouts ya from lad?

Skerries originally but spent most of my life in Drogheda Co. Louth.

Living in spain currently.

Leinster man same as myself so. What are you up to in Spain?

I don't drink much, just a little wine. I've never tried brandy before, any recs for less than $50?

cardenal mendoza is babby's first good brandy. I'm drinking some right now

drinking this utter shit. for $4 at walgreens you get this chemical brew, which tastes ten times worse than the $3 wine from walmart.

I'll be on the lookout the next time I go the market.

Working, I was making sweet feck all back home so I decided to come out here and teach English for a while. Better than sitting about on the dole, plus there's worse things to do at 22

I'm with the Basques though on the north with the rain, can't let myself get homesick you know?

What about yourself man where are you based county wise?

hm, they have good intuition.

Fair fucks, when did you head over? Must be rattled on the cheap pints haha

I've only ever been to Murcia region where the grandad has an apartment, might head over with the gf this summer.

I'm from Kildare myself

July 2015, lad, there's a bar here where it's literally a euro a beer.

Big controversy over it though for throwing out two lesbian lassies.

Lovely stretch of the country anyway.

But you still posted a good beer from a good brewery. So, you know. Things work out.

here's to another fuckin' week

a watermelon and pineapple smoothie

Just because you're on Veeky Forums doesn't mean you're off Veeky Forums.

Best Scotch you will ever sip for under $500 is Lagavulin.

>expensive alcohol

Where do you think you are

I'm poor/cheap

Well at least you're not Labatt-cheap

I consider molson decent.

>under $500
Shit better be under $50 to even get close to leaving the shelf.

Oddly enough wishing I had a bottle of 10 year instead.

Yeah. You pour yourself a drink and dump the rest down the drain

Straight Gordon's tonight. Reminds me of summer.

no matter how badly you want it you will never be ron swanson

straight rum

How much do you guys pay for Lagavulin 16? It is £38 a bottle in Costco in the UK.

How does it compare? I have been considering getting a bottle as the 10 is one of my favourites and there seems to be a lot of hype online.

I've only recently got into whiskey.
It's going to be fun.

It's 72USD at total wine which converts to 57GBP

That's not as bad as I was expecting actually. That's what it costs in tourist trap whisky shops here, usually about £45 ish in supermarkets.

Sadly bourbon is reasonably expensive here

That's scotch.
Try some other whiskeys.

90 euro in Ireland
45 euro here in spain if you go to the right places.

Blackbush fucking sucks, shit like Ballantine's is basically Blackbush but for 6 dollars less.

It's good. It has that same quality, it's just like a variation on the taste. I know that doesn't help much, but I like the specific flavour of the 10, it has that earthy peaty oily kinda rich taste. The Uig is similar but it's more smoky and a little sweeter. It's more standing upwind of a nice fire than the 10's digging around in the soil underneath if that helps at all.

I don't have a 10 to compare directly sadly, but I picked up a bottle of Uig because it was cheaper than the 10 because airports. But later I tried 10 again and realised it was just more my jam than the uig, not that I dislike the uig at all, but I wouldn't mind both. Looking into getting a corv too just to sort of fill out the line.

>86 proof

lol

Going to the US for Superb Owl weekend and I wanna bring back a scotch since Ontario prices are fucking horrendous.

Should I get the Ardbeg Corry for $80 or the Uige for $100?