Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silkie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayam_Cemani
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lotus root fishcake

Seaweed wrapped fishcake

Big pillowy fishcake with crabstick

Long crabstick fishcake

My goodness... when did fish become so refined in pastry making??

lol stupid chinese think fish is cake haha
fish not cake dumb idiots fish sushi haha

This is the first time I've seen anything like this

French fry hot dog fishcake

Yaaay Borneo^^

fucking disgusting wtf?

I got one out of curiosity. I mean, how bad can it be?

Yaaay user!

>meat and potato
>FUCKING DISGUSTING"!!!=!)=$U()=""()!§&=

ok

fucking french fries mashed into a ball and cooked again. i'd imagine it could only be a greasy, mushy mess.

i'm thrilled that you're currently in korea borneo but how about you show us some meats and stews instead of this pulverised garbage

All right you asked for it

Best fucking kbbq of my life btw

I think it's just the name they give it. Looks more like potato cubes deep fried

They usually call it "potato-hot dog fishcake" because the hot dogs did that originally as a batter. Think of it as a dippy/dagwood/corn dog except with potato and french fries.

Also it's a korean chain that is fairly popular and who do make pretty good fish cakes.

t. koreaboo who lived in korea for a while.

Such good juicy meat

That's cool. I don't know the name of anything here. Can't wrap my head around Korean names.

no one cares

Christ has korea degenerated that much? When I was there in the 80's a decent quality kalbi house had charcoal braziers and butterflied beef shortribs.

They did have charcoal braziers, did you think we ate everything raw?

That was some real good shit. Expensive as fuck tho

Could eat this forever

Got this ginseng rice soup with a whole black chicken in it.

The rice was stuffed into the chicken cavity. Very small chicken, about 15cm tip to tail

Need a gift for someone special? Why not spam

I never understood why gifting SPAM is such a big deal in Korea (and a bit in Japan).

Heard SPAM's quality is higher in Korea and the ingredients are different.

Flavoured hand cream????

Hm. I'll see if I can get my hands on a tin then.

BLACK
CHICKEN

February 1st, 2017 can not come soon enough.
Cx

That's fine. Just be cautious of anything that might look like:

보신탕 / 몽몽탕 as those are names for dog meat soup.

This is 삼계탕 and it is meant to be eaten on the hottest day of the year for 'energy' and healthy.

Spam became popular in Korea because it helped them during the war and became a staple in 부대찌개 which is also known as army stew because you throw anything into it.

Additionally Koreans associate luxury with western things. I.e. Spaghetti use to be considered luxury food compared to Korean noodles. McDonalds as well, etc.

Spam became highly treasured because it was western and also because of the war. Some Koreans hold it higher in regard when compared to fruit.

They're a breed of chicken popular in Asia. They have black organs as well.

Kinda curious about dog meat desu. Anything else I should try while I'm in Seoul?

Croissant taiyaki

Pears the size of your head

Three asparagus stalks per tray. Jesus

While in Seoul, you will need to ask around and really look for it. I think Seoul might have it, but it's not a popular thing to eat because it is more expensive than beef (not 한우 - hanwoo) and is socially seen as an old person meal.

Alright I'll keep an eye out.

Got fried chicken smeared with garlic, egg bread, yams and castella cake to eat in our room

Spicy soup dumpling

Cute :3

Tasty too!

More individually wrapped fruit

Fancy musk melons

Lovingly cushioned royal mango

>50,000 won
>42.52 USD

asians and their fucking melons

Crazy expensive strawberries. We got some and they were very sweet with no sourness at all. Thanks genetic engineering

>23.81 USD

shit nigga they take EBT?

Is just Korea and Japan

The rest of us are reasonable with our fruit

The touristy areas accept RMB and USD

None of the shopkeepers can English. Many speak decent Chinese tho. Pretty surprising

>black chicken

Its a Silky chicken. You can find them fucking everywhere. Their skin is dark blue/black, and they have dark colored meat as well.

Tastes like a regular chicken.

They're not the only breed with the black skin/meat trait.
But yeah, it's just pigment although some people market it as more nutritious or healthy.

I've had their special expensive fruit. It's nothing compared to the local farms out here.

Pork and veg dumplings

What's your area? I love me some good quality fruit

Strawberry brownie parfait

Got to experience a cat cafe today. This kitty here was in a music video with Big Bang.

They had some seriously thicc pussy on display

You pay 9000 won for a beverage and the company of the cats

Grump

That meat is raaaaaaaw

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing the pictures, nice thread!

>The marbling
Jelly

>black chicken
What..?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silkie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayam_Cemani
Oh.. Well, crap.

All the better to absorb its life force with

My pleasure!

These strawbs are huge

Gonna need a side by side with the bare foot to get a good sense of the scale.

(Hi Borneo.)

Thank you for taking a picture with your grotesquely overgrown thumbnail for scale.

Clean your fingernails you plastic holding filthy southern cross living under subhuman.

How fat are you?

Maybe he plays guitar or does coke. Some people have lives faggots

FOR YOU

Have you tried the apples?
They should almost be as big as the pear you posted earlier.

>he

Pufferfish in a tank outside a restaurant!

Hi footguy. I went to see an ortho last week and was told I have flat feet and bunions and crooked legs. Feels bad man

Went to a market. This is the kimchi shop

We got a 5 pack and demolished them ,they were so sweet and tasty.

Yes

Had some chicken feet and pork snout/trotter at this stall. I had some of of curiosity but it was too gelatinous on its own. everyone else enjoyed it though

Many stalls had live octopus in little aquariums. I believe they eat them alive and raw though I didn't see that happen while I was there

No idea what half of this stuff is

I:V

New year treats

Because when you're starving (which is what they were doing 50 years ago), a tin of SPAM is something special.

Iu Borneo

Best contributer on Veeky Forums by far

I think they eat raw crab?!

Gotta spread the food love!

I have acquired a tin from 7-11
Will have to figure out the best way to prepare it when I get home

Not footguy but fuuuuck I hate having bunions, my feet and legs are always sore after work, sometimes even cramping up.. have you ever had a charlie horse? Yeah it feels like that except in your fucking FOOT. and people always telling me to suck it up, its not that bad they say, its not like youre disabled. FUCK YOU THIS SHIT IS PAIN.

Have you seen a foot doctor? Might be worth saving up for the custom shoe inserts to save you from further pain down the road. My mum got some made and they helped with her feet and lower back.

>tfw deformed feet

Speaking of feet, here's some cute paw shaped candy

Yes, and they want to stick needles in my foot to inject the bunions with something thats supposed to make them go away ~but they might come back.. and Im afraid of needles unfortunately.. so have been on the fence about if I wanna go through it or not, might just have to kuve with idfk..

Very cute desu

>flat feet

Too much time as a little one going around bare foot or in nothing but slippers. It's okay - I grew up on an island too.

Are the problems with the Worst Korean cults bad enough that they're noticeable to an outsider?

Also looks pretty damn good, I'd give it a shot.

new zealand!

Oh man, that kimchi looks tasty. Anyone know what that vegetable is in the lower left bowl? Looks like of like a squash thing. Maybe a rice cake?

It's good to be cooked in leftover bacon grease. If you don't have bacon grease.. forget it. I tried making it w/out the stuff and it was a horrible experience.

Cut into thin slices and fry it (don't bother with oil, the spam will release plenty of fat by itself), and serve with eggs and rice. It's a tasty Hawaiian style breakfast. Super terrible for you though.

Also great pics. Always wanted to visit S. Korea.

I think it's a type of radish.
Tastes pretty similar, but I have no idea what the difference is from regular daikon other than size.

Oh man, those flower-shaped things in the middle under the almonds are some of my favourite.
Possibly induced by nostalgia, but I love them.

small radish

Spam's pretty high quality meat compared to some canned meat products you find in Asia

It's certainly the most expensive anyway of the brands you'll find in a supermarket.

What's that coke can doing there

Making someone fat.

Lol whut

Have you ever had crabcakes, user?

It's pretty much similar.

Am on the way home now. Hope you guys enjoyed the thread!

She sells coke
We got broth though

I wish I'd gotten some now. What are they made of?

Thanks for the advice!

Tbh we didn't do much aside from eat and sleep but it's a good looking city, very clean and modern. The ladies have some serious sameface going on which is a bit spooky

Get some better fitting shoes, inserts can help relieve pressure on the bunions and they can improve eventually. Advice from my ma that she got from her doc!

I always go barefoot indoors, it's the comfiest! Will have to start wearing indoor shoes with those inserts soon though, hopefully it will help

Worst Korean cults? I didn't run into any problems while there. I gave into the mega aggressive sales tactics of a very old lady and bought some cute earrings even though I don't have ear holes... People were polite and nice though!

I had fish cake dinner every good Friday until I was in my 20s

>have to start wearing indoor shoes with those inserts soon though

Barefoot indoors is the only way to go - shoes inside is disrespectful as fuck. Unfortunately, I think you're maybe a little too old to do anything about those flat feet. I still think they're cute though; post pics with big strawberries!