Is it possible to be a carnivore?

Is it possible to be carnivorous and healthy, solely by supplementing and eating only meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGVdYiM5IXw
youtu.be/Zbs0Zg-0jrw
youtu.be/eDJC_gPNge0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only if you're going to eat the stomachs and intestines of your freshly killed prey to get the plant nutrition from them.

Yes but youre gonba have to eat plenty of offal and blood too and not just the best bits.

Organs

Enjoy never shitting again.

A lot of Mexican "cuisine" implements organ meat, like Buche and tripe. Also liver and onions I guess, if you're not against adding vegetables to your meat.

For the record, are you talking straight meat only, or can you sauce it/ garnish it?

>this guy needs fiber to poo
WEAK

Actually dairy is much more efficient at making me shit than fibre.

How do I become strong?

>Is it possible to be carnivorous and healthy, solely by supplementing and eating only meat?
Bears eat blueberries, tubers, grasses, insects....not just fish and meat. In fact that carnivores diet in estimated to be less than 20% meat.

And drink their blood too. Blood is an important source of vitamin C.

If you are a cat or an eagle, sure.

bears are omnivores

Bears aren't carnivores. They're omnivores. Like humans, boars, and dogs and the like.

Obligate carnivores exist. Felines. Sharks. Birds of prey. They eat the contents of their preys bowels though. Some chew on grass.

Humans are adapted to eating fruits and veg, seeing as our brains run on carbohydrates. Eat the bowels of your enemies OP.

Sure, you'll just be an unhealthy fuck who smells terrible and suffers from all kinds of health problems. Kinda like the average person on Veeky Forums

sauce/garnish is fine.

Can I eat only meats and breads and get all my other nutrition from fruit and vegetable juices?

Do you not like vegetables?

humans are actually herbivores. like rabbits,chimps and so on. most of these animals have evolved to be able to metabolise proteins from meats in order to give them a better chance in times of starvation. the downside is herbivores develop atherosclerosis and other diseases as a result. and should thus be minimised. omnivores like bears and carnivores cats/dogs (however dogs are extremely adaptable on what they can survive on, they are carnivores) do not develop these diseases.

Some Eskimos live off of nothing but animals. They also don't cook there shit and they eat blubber. If they cooked their shit they would all get sick and die if they didn't change their diet.

Human's are omnivores user. If you don't eat meat you have to do a good bit of supplements in order to stay healthy.

>Like humans
>2017
>thinks humans are born carnivores
back 2 school 4 u

Totally ignoring the rest of this thread, yes, it is easy to be carnivorous and healthy if you are willing to take supplements for a couple of micronutrients, or to include things like tea, coffee, eggs, milk, butter and herbs/seasonings.

The important things to consider are that you will need to eat organ meats. At the least, you will want to eat marrow, liver and sweetbreads.

Consider making sauces from red berries, too. These will help plug a couple of potential gaps

desu humans are best defined as opportunistic omnivores if we want to be technical. at first we were most likely frugivores based on our teeth, but humans can eat whatever the fuck and survive based on where we moved to

Never have I seen a post so full of shit.

T.non white

wrong.
what supplements do you need to replace what you dont get from meat?
B12? food animals are supplemented it with it.
come at me.

its kinda true
but they die so much younger than every other population because their diet is horrible for their arteries and general health

From wikipedia. Both sentences carry 2 footnotes pointing to reference texts.

Because Inuit frequently eat their meat raw and fresh, or freshly frozen, they can obtain more carbohydrates from their meat, as dietary glycogen, than Westerners can.

Traditional Inuit diets derive approximately 50% of their calories from fat, 30–35% from protein and 15–20% of their calories from carbohydrates, largely in the form of glycogen from the raw meat they consumed.

You speaketh the engrish goodly

chronic constipation that ends with anemia from shitting blood every day awaits you

>Our brains run on carbohydrates
They can run on ketones just fine, user.

Fuck off vegan shill

The only reason we exist today is because we consumed animal proteins

They used to live long but now days they drive snowmobiles around and sit inside all day and eat processed food. It's a lot different than walking around and hunting in -60 and living in a Igloo.

Theoretically it is possible if you also consume fats. If you eat too much lean protein for your body weight, and to consume no dietary fat, you may overload your body's ability to filter out amino acids through urine. Your organs would start shutting down. This is protein poisoning, aka rabbit starvation. A diet of 50/50 protein to fats by calories can be sustained in perfect health for at least a few years. You'll still get vitamins from the meat, and the liver will produce enough glycogen for the organs which require it. Fats will supply energy for the rest. Lifelong carnivorism? I don't know. Good question. It may never have been actually done since most people eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable once in a while. But that's ok. The complex carbs in vegetables are generally thought to be good for your colon and gut flora.

>Supplementing
>All meat diet

With what? But yeah, you can live completely on animal products and be healthy. See Inuits and various native tribes.

>Humans are herbivores
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Let's do a basic check list
>Can the animal consume animal products?
>Yes
>Can the animal consume plant products?
>Yes

That is literally the definition of what an omnivore is.

Omni-All
Vore-Consume

youtube.com/watch?v=yGVdYiM5IXw

I want to try this t b h

Cows can and do eat animals but that doesn't make them omnivores.

Possibly.

Read about the Inuits who lived entirely on different seafood (fish, whales, shark, seal etc.).

Or the Maasai tribe from Kenya who lived entirely on milk, blood and meat.

Both these groups have/had SIGNIFICANTLY lower heat problems, diabetes was non-existent etc.

The trick is to consume the entire part of meat and fish - the brains, eyes, organs and so on. These have a lot of nutrients and minerals.

Inuits and Masai are not healthy. The Inuits have rates of heart disease similar to Standard US diet despite evolving to process it more effectively

Inuits only develop that by eating processed food. They're pretty healthy when they eat their traditional diet since they've adapted to eat just that.

Inuits are not a separate evolution of the homo sapiens.

Any distinct ethnic group has adapted to better live in their environment.

Both the Inuit and Maasai eat plants. Also the Inuit suffer from coronary artery disease comparable to people on Western diets.

That's simply not true.

Actually, that DOES make them omnivores t. websters/oxford.

Many animals are opportunistic omnivores and their diets are determined more by what is available. Cows are shitty hunters.
>Have a rate of heart disease equivalent to a first world nation with a varied diet
What is your definition of healthy? Where are your goal posts?

>tfw have been on a strict carnivore diet for 22 years

protein, carbs and glucose is all i need

not one fucking vegetable or fruit in 8030 days

and i assure you im healthy as fuck

How do you shit?

i shit every day and it comes out without low to no effort

drink a glass of milk every day and buy some fiber powder if your stomach is really that weak

I deleted a vegan friend on Facebook because she kept posting stupid images like pic related

The Standard American Diet is not healthy. Objectively. When a diet that has mutated the genes of people to process better puts them on the se pedestal as an unhealthy diet makes it unhealthy. I have not once moved any goalposts

When you say they are healthy or have significantly lower rates of heart disease. That is false.

I'll be waiting for your inevitable backtracking. Fuckhead

kill her

>actually that does

Actually it doesnt.

This image is at least a strong rebuttal against the retarded, "hurrr if we aren't supposed to eat meat why do we have canine teeth?" teleological bullshit.

>Many animals are opportunistic omnivores and their diets are determined more by what is available. Cows are shitty hunters.
full tard

post a pic of your body

>When you say they are healthy or have significantly lower rates of heart disease. That is false.
Where did I say this?

>I have not once moved any goal posts
>Where are your goal posts?
Where are your goal posts? What is your point? What is your definition of healthy?

People have and do still live on carnivorous diets. Generations have lived and died on animal product focused diets for untold millennia. It is a viable way of life.

>This is definition A
>B meets definition A
>Therefore, B is an A

I'm sorry that definitions are hard.

no pics, no kikebook

body fat % is 19 in case you're wondering if im a lardass

Nope. Chimpanzees eat meat (insects, deer, and smaller monkeys). They even cannibalise each other sometimes.

>where did i say this

So youre either lying or admitting youre a stupid fuck just butting into a conversation with zero contextual understanding aka not reading a single thing previously posted in the thread chain.

>where are your goal posts

What are you talking about you autist? Where have I changed anything I said?

>what is your point
That the claims of the Inuits and Masai being healthy is false. Do you have this much trouble reading when youre not sperging out?

>durrr hurr what is healthy mean but these people are healthy!!!

Nice goalposts you fucking faggot

A dictionary definition is not a scientifically verifiable definition.

>Is it possible to be carnivorous and healthy, solely by supplementing and eating only meat?
Only if you eat the nasty bits like said hereIn nature we would eat literally everything and use what we can't eat as tools, the stomachs and intestines have been used for stuffing with ground meat to make sausages and hagins, the glandular urgans such as kidneys, liver, heart, brain and other such things have been considered a delicacy.

But why would you want to eat only meat anyway? Our digestive system is capable of digesting a wide array of foods, you can eat anything from an apple to meat, why limit yourself to one food source?

>So youre either lying or admitting youre a stupid fuck just butting into a conversation with zero contextual understanding aka not reading a single thing previously posted in the thread chain.
No, I respond to you, because you give me (you)'s.

>What are you talking about you autist? Where have I changed anything I said?
Okay, I'm going to make this as blunt as possible.

What would be the point at which you would say
>Okay, that is healthy. That makes sense because I actually think about things instead of just knee jerk shitposting
I can't prove that the diet is healthy or unhealthy because you haven't given a definition or a category of what healthy is.

If you asked me
The answer is yes because there are people and societies that thrive on eating carnivorous diets.

>Obligate carnivores exist. Felines.
I am not sure about that, actually.

Have you never seen cats munching on plants in your backyard? I see them going specifically for the little grains growing on some wild grasses.

Like, im sure they are used to eat mostly meat, but I am not sure they can't eat vegetables.

Sharks and birds of prey on the other hand really eat nothing but meat.

Then offer a definition.

I am going to give you a dictionary definition because it is the laziest way to get people to work with the same logic.

>humans are actually herbivores. like rabbits,chimps
Neither humans nor chimps are herbivores, you dingus:

youtu.be/Zbs0Zg-0jrw

>i cant prove a diet is healthy or unhealthy because you didnt give a definition

Utterly pathetic strawgrasping lol. By all means use your fairyland definition of healthy as much as it suits you. It will not hold up to any actual scrutiny

Animals anatomicallly adapted for plant based diets

Behavior does not indicate nature

Wow drumpf btfo!!!
Sorry
Youtube videos arent reality, sweetie.

Is it possible?

>Youtube videos arent reality, sweetie.
>Sees chimps literally hunting and eating a monkey
>nope, it is not reality!
Seriously?

youtu.be/eDJC_gPNge0

Do you honestly need more proof to understand that chimps eat monkeys?

No. And no matter how many 3rd grade argument techniques youre going to use you can find objectivity within subjectivity you mentally ill fuck.

Yeah, I would say cows aren't viable predators. So, not carnivores. I'm not quite sure where the line gets drawn, though.

Like, I don't think a tiger could be fed on a completely plant based diet and live for a long period of time, but a cow might be able to live on a meat based diet.

Are you actually arguing anything with anybody or just trying to put your high school philosophy class contradictory logic learning to use?

But autist-san, you can find people that have lived their entire lives on meat based diets and they are as comparably healthy as people eating varied diets.

So, is it possible?

If you can find ONE exception then it is possible.

>comparably as healthy

As healthy as an objectively unhealthy diet

>so is it possible

Im going to let you figure out my answer to this out on your own. Its going to be far more beneficial to your stunted mental development than what I had just spoonfed you.

So, you see autist-san, this entire thread is about this question

And the answer is yes, you can eat a carnivorous diet and be healthy.

And then the thread would have died. Also, maybe a few links to GREASE AND GUTS and studies on it.

But instead, it became an argument about veganism or vegetarianism being optimal or whatever your retarded bullshit is about and now we have another one of these threads shitting up the place that is 90% bullshitty politics and poor definitions.

So, you have no worthwhile argument because you have no point at which it could be satiated. Your arguments are fucking stupid, and I hope that you actually consider

>What do I actually think this conversation is about?
>When does it end?
>How do I win or lose or am I just filling the internet with more useless text?

>the answer is yes

That answer is obviously incorrect and based off your schizophrenic delusions. You seemed to have moved the goalposts from firm yes to "ARGUABLY". That is INARGUABLY false

>durrr hurrr veganism
Hmmm no, didnt mention or imply that once. But your schizophrenic delusions are again noted

I had funcrushing the ego of a retarded teenager though. I'll be sure to see you on Veeky Forums again and again until you inevitably crumble under your noted schizophrenic delusions.

Here's (You)r last (You). Aspie

Modern Inuits have around a 75% smoking rate. Smoking increases rates of heart disease by 200%.

zerocarbzen.com will interest you.

>herbivore
>picture of a horse
>mouth opening: small

This is a new level of retardation.

I deleted a carnist friend on Facebook because he kept posting stupid images like pic related

Learn to read, redneck

Ethnic groups adapt behaviorally/ culturally. They are not evolutions of the homo sapiens.

The answer is yes.

>body fat % is 19
literally a bag of lard dying from his childish belief.

The Inuit are pretty much carnivorous due to the fact not much grows where they live, so yes.

yep and they're all 5'4, moon-faced, chunky retards.

dunno if they got that way before or after the trip from mongolia but do you want to take your chances?

That's because the environment favored those characteristics, not because of the diet.

i guess you'd fuck up your kidneys from too much protein

They also had endurance capabilities that would have left you in a snowdrift pissing and shitting your designer snowsuit and blubbering for your mammy.

Why would you want to? That's just as dumb as living solely off of plants.

I say unto thee as I say unto them: eat both.

>Bears aren't carnivores. They're omnivores. Like humans
Moron.

Different melanin levels in the skin/eyes, Epicanthic fold an adaptation to protect the eyes from the cold, innate resistance to certain diseases, alcohol flush reaction, these traits and more are all caused by evolutionary pressure

You are retarded. Japs have the same epicanthic folds yet they live in warm climates.

Do not give your cat plant matter user. They cannot digest it and it provides them no nutrition. They sometimes eat plants to clean their teeth or to get high, but that's all.

Japan is not so warm.. it was half covered in glaciers at the height of the last ice age and now has a cool temperate climate

And Japanese did not just spawn from their soil, their ancestors traveled far to get there across siberia in prehistory like their chinese and mongol cousins

Cats have a very specialized digestive system and metabolism that's design to draw and use energy and nutrients from meat and only meat. If a cat is eating plant matter they're either trying to induce vomiting or found something that gives them narcotic effects (a LOT of grasses do this to them)