Opinions on Keto

Opinions on keto and any recipes you guys have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_o4YBQPKtQ
heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@fc/documents/downloadable/ucm_475005.pdf
health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/a-closer-look-inside-healthy-eating-patterns/
circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2016/10/27/CIR.0000000000000462
ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/07/12/ije.dyw173.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7498104
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475895
apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/42330/1/WHO_TRS_894.pdf#page=112
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/83/5/1055.long
ajpendo.physiology.org/content/310/2/E103
cell.com/trends/endocrinology-metabolism/fulltext/S1043-2760(16)00061-8
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19188683
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keto is dumb. There is no reason for a person to limit themselves on what kind of food they eat, as long as it is healthy food.

I'm not fat so I don't really have opinions on diet fads.

Honestly it's even debatable what is or isn't healthy nowadays, considering our knowledge of nutritional science is out-dated as fuck and nobody actually does any research on what actually affects your body or not
Like I'm not calling pizza a vegetable but the only thing that is 100% known is bread fucks your teeth and pancreas up

>raw dairy
fuck off

You shouldn't generalize bread. Not all breads are created equally

>flour
Well shit homie I found the problem
Find me some flourless bread and we'll chat

>tfw you fell for the healthy oils meme

youtube.com/watch?v=b_o4YBQPKtQ

Flaxseed bread

esselstyn is a good lad
based as fuck
>he fell for the carbs are bad meme
kek

>healthy food

Define it.

>look up a recipe
>first ingredient is flour
Looks interesting though, might try it for shits and giggles

>carbs are bad
>meme

There is a definite trend with nutritionist & scientist that is swinging to a diet with more fat included.

Eggs and whole milk are now being recommended whereas they were pointed out as being bad several years ago.

The whole fat free movement of the 80's - 00's resulted in people upping their intake of refined carbs.

Fats give you the ability to feel satiated. That is why the keto diets work so well for many.

All vegetables, a limited about of fruit, grains that aren't enriched white flour

Not my problem you didn't look for a recipe that uses 100% milled flaxseed.

What about meat?

carbs ARE bad, you have to limit them or you gain empty calories you burger feasting anime bingeing weeb

as long as it's not charred or preserved with nitrates and the like.

>nutritionist
'Nutritionist' is an unregulated label that any uneducated pseudo-intellectual armchair blogger is freely allowed to take up

>scientist
Nope

heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@fc/documents/downloadable/ucm_475005.pdf

>Eggs
Wrong

health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/a-closer-look-inside-healthy-eating-patterns/
>As recommended by the IOM,[24] individuals should eat as little dietary cholesterol as possible while consuming a healthy eating pattern.

> whole milk
Wrong again

circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2016/10/27/CIR.0000000000000462
>Recent publications in this journal and elsewhere have raised questions about the atherogenicity of saturated fat and specifically as derived from different food sources, particularly butterfat as consumed in whole milk, yogurt, cheeses, and butter.3 It is noteworthy that the majority of the data are derived from observational cohort studies.3 However, the totality of the evidence continues to support population-wide recommendations to lower saturated fat intake.1
>Nutrition research is a dynamic process, and science remains open to new discoveries, but current evidence documents that although dairy fat may be slightly less harmful than other food sources of saturated fat, it is far less beneficial than plant-based fats, especially polyunsaturated fatty acids.8

>The whole fat free movement of the 80's - 00's resulted in people upping their intake of refined carbs.
Thrice wrong that actually required people to eat less FAT
www.cochrane.org/CD011834/VASC_effect-cutting-down-fat-we-eat-body-weightthey
While they just ate more of everything especially fat and refined fat
ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/07/12/ije.dyw173.abstract
>Fat is the largest contributor to overall energy. The proportion of energy from fat in the diet, but not sugar, is higher among overweight/obese individuals. Focusing public health messages on sugar may mislead on the need to reduce fat and overall energy consumption

>Fats give you the ability to feel satiated.
Demonstrably incorrect

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7498104
>Protein, fibre, and water contents of the test foods correlated positively with SI scores (r = 0.37, P < 0.05, n = 38; r = 0.46, P < 0.01; and r = 0.64, P < 0.001; respectively) whereas fat content was negatively associated (r = -0.43, P < 0.01).

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475895
>Eating from a range of either high-fat or high-carbohydrate foods, obese subjects voluntarily consumed twice as much energy from the fat items, thereby indicating a weak action of fat on satiation. In turn, this large intake of fat exerted a disproportionately weak effect on satiety. These studies suggest that the appetite-control system may have only weak inhibitory mechanisms to prevent the passive overconsumption of dietary fat.

apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/42330/1/WHO_TRS_894.pdf#page=112
>The body does compensate for the overconsumption of energy from high-fat foods to some extent, but the fat-induced appetite control signals are thought to be too weak, or too delayed, to prevent the rapid intake of the energy from a fatty meal. Episodic intakes of high-fat foods are therefore particularly likely to overwhelm these signals, and the control of food intake thus depends on long-term regulatory processes that seem much less able to respond to overfeeding than to underfeeding with weight loss. Fibre, by contrast, limits energy intake by lowering a food's density and allowing time for appetite-control signals to occur before large amounts of energy have been consumed (3).

>There is no clear evidence to suggest that high intakes of sugar overwhelm the appetite-control signals in the same manner as fat. However, there is some indication from short-term feeding trials that ad libitum low-fat high-complex-carbohydrate diets of low energy density induce weight loss.

>That is why the keto diets work so well for many.
No they work because the retards who go on them tend to eat more protein and fiber which IS satiating but when you control for those there is no advantage

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/83/5/1055.long

It has fuck all to do with ketones which probably stimulate appetite

ajpendo.physiology.org/content/310/2/E103
cell.com/trends/endocrinology-metabolism/fulltext/S1043-2760(16)00061-8

It has to do with insulin resistance and how not eating carbs lets you not keep weight on as much, Of course you seem like your side is about shitting animal products so you can't avoid their consumption.

I hate broccoli, asparagus and all that shit but thanks to keto I lost 15kg in a month. Now that I'm not a fucking landwhale anymore, thinking about opting for a long-term semi-healthy living. Or should I do one more month of this shit? To see if I can lose additional 10kg

Went from 120kg to 105kg, aiming for 80kg at the end of the year.

>It has to do with insulin resistance
Hence it's extra retarded to go on a high fat diet which impairs sensitivity

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19188683

>and how not eating carbs lets you not keep weight on as much
This will be the second time now you confuse not eating enough fiber and protein with eating carbs.

>Of course you seem like your side is about shitting animal products so you can't avoid their consumption.
Never said anything about animal products. There's plenty of garbage in the plant kingdom too, like palm oil. Way to distract after all your bullshit gets dissected.

That pyramid is shit. Low carb/high fat is the shit though. Not lurking this thread because 1. too many normies 2. Keto has the worst fans imo.

Keto is fucking stupid. Most people "lose weight" because bread has a ton of calories and they're not eating it anymore.

If I were you, I'd keep going for the 80kg, then switch to low-carb at something around 50g of carbohydrates solely through fruits and vegetables. If you go back to bread and sugars again you'll just get fat all over again. Most thin people who eat a lot of junk food either have some form of eating disorder or are exercise anorexics.

Say what you want but it works for losing weight. Personally it makes my IBS symptons disappear.

I don't care what the science says, in my experience eating a small meal of just protein and fat completely relieves my hunger. I can't say that of a small carb heavy meal.

Paleo makes sense, especially if you aren't white. Both of them don't give you the carbs you need to sustain workouts/day to day unless you are cutting and want to feel miserable all the time.

You body loves carbs they aren't evil. Remember when fat was evil? When MSG was evil? When salt was evil? When cholesterol was evil?

In the end they are fad diets count your calories and get enough of all 3 macros.

>not wanting to produce acetone on your bladder

LOL

truth is there is no one universal diet that is perfect for every human being, calorie consumption is a spectrum
we should have better knowledge of what exactly factors in other than exercise and calories taken but food is as big a market as it gets because everyone eats food

No goy

Eat your carbs and sugars NOW.

>high fat diet which impairs sensitivity

"No!"

>"Denial!"

So basically anything except for fruit and grains? What a retarded arbitrary fucking bullshit. It never ceases to amuse me how american degenerates will buy any bullshit as long as it's called "science". Here's a tip faggot: THERE IS NO "NUTRITION SCIENCE" it's just academical lobbyism.

Any recipes?

STATSGOD OH MY LET THEM BREATHE AT LEAST SHOW THEM MERCY

Just eat what your body tells you to eat, excluding junk.

If you crave a sour fruit today there's an actual reason for it, it's not just how you're emotionally feeling at the moment.

What if I carve a nice cup'a bleach?