If it is made from Corn & Rice, is it really beer ?

I thought barley was cheaper.

beer shouldn't be made from corn & rice

Yes its still beer, its just shitty beer

Subsidies my man.

beer shouldn't taste like you are licking a hop's vagina, but that's we've wound up

beer should taste like something besides just carbonated water

not in MURICA

See: Reinheitsgebot

>eww beer made from rice? GROSS
>sake is a delightful and traditional part of superior Japanese culture

Okay Veeky Forums whatever

trips of truth

what did kek mean by this

Beer - an alcoholic drink made from yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops

Malt - Malt is germinated cereal grains that have been dried in a process known as "malting"

Both rice and corn are able to be malted, so yest it is still legit beer

Sake is wine, you oaf

actually it's neither, since it uses aspergillus oryzae, and not yeast. it's like saying chicken is a kind of beef
trump voter detected

i voted trump and like sake big wup wanna fight about it.

>rice is malted.

No it's not. The carbohydrates in plain rice are converted to fermentable sugars through enzymatic reactions with malted barley during the mash.

In making saki which is entirely from rice, a portion of the rice has undergone a 48 hour process where mold spores are added and grow. This koji rice converts the carbohydrates in the rest of the rice to fermentable sugars.

Malted barley is produced by allowing a certain amount of sprouting to occur which contains the fermentables. Neither corn nor rice undergo that process.

>sake doesn't use yeast

No. The aspergillus fungus converts the rice carbohydrates to fermentable sugars. A yeast is added to ferment those. The jar in the left of the pic is 4 litres of sake brewing.

I voted Trump (based on a coin flip) and HATE sake - fucking FITE ME M8

Also Budweiser is GOAT

>aspergillus
I thought you were joking until I googled it.

Why would you have thought that, when I even posted a pic of a jar I was brewing?

the banquet beer is tasty.

You fucking assburger.

Then isn't it ironic that the Reinheitsgebot is the very reason why shitty adjunct beers dominate the market?

Reinheitsgebot was written to keep the price of bread down by denying brewers the use of grains useful to bakers such as wheat, rye and oats

The whole "Bavarian Beer Purity" thing is just marketing spin developed centuries later

sake is wine dipshit, also, I think sake is gross too so joke's on you

if I go to a japanese restaurant I'll have a glass of Hibiki or Yamazaki or even a scotch or something if they have it