Joining the military?

Is it a dumb idea to join the military at 22? I feel I'll be too old compared to my peers. I want to travel the world, working out, never have to see my family or friends. Save money because everything there is free. What does biz think?

Attached: c1339ea1e3e54fdb8b6d998c4df0b910.jpg (312x240, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defense.gov/news/MAVNI-Fact-Sheet.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's a lot of stupid bullshit to deal with but you could do a lot worse as a person with no skills, especially if you're smart enough to get training in an occupation that's relevant in the civilian world. 22 isn't that old anyway, there were a couple 30+ year old guys with us when I was in basic (though that was in the mid-2000's).

Your'e fine. Just remember that everyone there is 18/19 and still in high school mode.

Join the Marines 03XX, 4 years. Bragging rights for life and have your gi bill. Then fuck off.

I'm 24. I just heard they have 2 year contracts in the Navy. Is this true and if so do you get the same benefits? Like free school, housing loans, etc

>look comrade
>fresh target practice

Attached: U9f5Gwx.jpg (960x714, 203K)

Terrible idea. You realize the army is a magnet for the dredges of society, the sub 90 IQ fuckups who failed out of high school? You will be absolutely isolated and disappointed by humanity, and you seem to have some romantic notion of military service, but in all likelihood you'll end up either traumatized if you see deployment to a conflict or spiritually crushed if they stick you in a pencil pushing job.

Giving the increasing health care costs, just that benefit alone may be worth millions of dollars to you over a life time. DO IT

Most important thing first: LOOK UP THE BENEFITS BEFORE YOU ENLIST

If your state has shit benefits it might not be worth it.

For the lazy people, there's national guard
>active duty national guard: chance of deployment, live in a base, usually get max benefits
>national guard reserves: do basic, go back to civilian life, mandatory training at least once a month, less benefits than active duty

Military is my plan Z if nothing goes right in my life.

Attached: 1419991058205.jpg (3648x2736, 2.08M)

My buddy is a total fuckup and he’s entering basic soon at 33. Not saying this is great idea but definitely don’t worry about your age.

I'm just a bored neet who dropped out of uni. I'm not a brainlet but I don't mind being around brainlets. Life has become incredibly bleak and I want to do a job where I can see people blow shit up. I was thinking a paratrooper in the air Force.

I joined the Army at 18. Most people there were 18-25 but there were a few guys over 30 in basic.

ya you can join the military at any time op, god bless you and your service. thank you for making it possible to maintain our neet life styles. don't die

Attached: 1512674963917.jpg (800x483, 40K)

That’s Pararescue in the Air Force. Good luck with that. Get comfortable in the water. They literally drown you. Get ready to be a cook or security forces.
Look into TACP.

Retard, I scored in the 96th percentile on the ASVAB and got to kill sandniggers and their families using drones for six years and had college completely paid for. Best decision of my life.

Don't use the military as a plan C. It only weakens it as a whole when uncommitted dropouts flood into it out of desperation instead of determination.

im planning on doing this as well OP. Im in Canada though. Planning on doing it part time while in school.

Does the US military still takes foreigners?
29 here, disillusioned from being a teacher and living in Europe. Speaking 5 languages, including Russian and don't want to join the Ivans

Ironic that you said paratrooper as well because im joining a Parachute Regiment.

Yes, you can make bank being a translator if you're fluent. You get paid more for each language you know. They'll put you through the ringer as far as background checks go though.

If you're some wishy-washy faggot that can't even finish college, there is no fucking way you make it as para. Stop dreaming and get your shit together.

I've heard 90% of the fit fags get shat on but I don't complain and can put up with a lot.

That's pretty dope, how did you get into it?

Life must be going really well for you, seeing as how you're now on Veeky Forums. Thanks for your service anyway. Society needs bloodthirsty people like you to waste their best years in military service, so us pacifists can focus on real careers.

The difference is you pay thousands and thousands for a pajeet "professor" who tell you shit I can find on Google vs getting paid for at least being out doors with food and housing

i found out about Veeky Forums from a couple of shipmates in '06

Thanks. That sounds great. Fluent in German, Spanish, French and English. My Russian isn't the best tho, but could easily be improved. Any official links maybe? Google search just spits out some useless yahoo answer results.
>background check
Beside a weed issue 10 years ago I'm a good goy

You should consider finishing a STEM degree if you want to join the air force. Pararescue is arguably one of the most difficult groups to join of all military, if you couldn't grind out a 4year degree I wish you luck

found the info
defense.gov/news/MAVNI-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Dude, I've tried a stem degree, I stopped for a number of reasons, one of them being financial. I know it's difficult and I respect all the special forces units. It's something I want to do and have been thinking about\training for for a while now

Spent those years getting paid heavily and going to college, I now have a house fully paid off and make 200k+ a year working at Lockheed.

>Society needs bloodthirsty people like you to waste their best years in military service, so us pacifists can focus on real careers.
Well said. My comfortable existence relies on the mistakes and sacrifices of lesser men.

>LOOK UP THE BENEFITS BEFORE YOU ENLIST

Is this how you charlatans scam people to fight your problems for you? Talk about extolling war while the rich elite don't have to.

this

i joined at 23yo, did 3years 16 weeks, 1 combat deployment, survived afg 09-10, got combat infantry badge and a handful of medals, got out, used GI bill, got 70%disability check every months for $1300, for life.

worth it.
do some pushups, keep your mouth shut. dont be a bitch. join infantry. everything else is shit.

Attached: methereum 1.jpg (1000x750, 374K)

get your degree first dude, the base pay difference between officer and enlisted will pay off your school before your first contract is up.
t. finishing up mech Eng degree at 30

DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY

DO NOT HELP THE VIOLENT AUTHORITARIAN INTERVENTIONIST GLOBALISTS

THEY DONT DESERVE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY

DO SOMETHING THAT WILL ACTUALLY HELP THE WORLD

VOLUNTEER WITH HOMELESS PEOPLE AND GET SUPPORT THROUGH PATREON OR GOFUNDME OR ******CRYPTO*******

OR ALTERNATIVELY GRIND /IC/ /3/ AND/OR /G/ AND MAKE SOMETHING CREATIVE LIKE A GAME THAT YOU CAN USE FOR ADVERTISING OR SELL CONTENT OR BECOME A PATREON CONTENT CREATOR OR TAKE CRYPTO DONATIONS.

THINK IF THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF NEETS HELPING HOMELESS PEOPLE WITH CRYPTO DONATIONS WHAT THAT WOULD DO TO DISPEL THE "FUNDING TERRORISM" MEME AND TO PROVE AUTHORITARIAN LEFTISTS THAT VOLUNTARILY SUPPORTED SOCIAL SAFETY NETS ARE VIABLE, IN ADDITION TO THE FACT THAT RIGHT WING CHURCHES ARE THE ONLY GROUPS FEEDING AND HOUSING HOMELESS.

Attached: atlas_shrugged.jpg (1024x909, 96K)

did you claim ptsd?

Attached: NAZI PLAYS VICTIM.png (554x417, 151K)

I don't think you understand the real problem with the world. babying shitty humans is the last thing we need. people like you are ensuring a fucking miserable future for all of humanity. better to get the shit part over with soon and then we can coast for another couple hundred years

Join the military man, I was enlisted and an officer now and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. You will be tired and work your ass off, but your life will be unlike anything you could’ve had outside the military

>disability check every month
This is how they're going to target you to disarm you and ban you from owning firearms

>hurr durr genocide solves everything
You just hate being reminded, without your mommy and daddy you would be just like the homeless crackheads you want to kill.

There is a direct correlation between creativity and the amount of comfort eccentric humans have in a society or community. This is why megalithic structures appeared historically when agriculture was invented. Finally men who were not good warriors or hunters could achieve something and impress the pussy and spread their genes. So we can fucking directly trace back our technological success to SOCIAL SAFETY NETS.

HUMAN CREATIVITY IS STILL THE MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE ON THE PLANET.

IF WE WANT TO MOVE TOWARDS POST SCARCITY WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE. AUTOMATION CAN DO BACK BREAKING LABOR IN THE FUTURE AND THERE IS INFINITE DEMAND IN THE REALMS OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY. WE COULD HAVE DECENTRALIZED NETWORKS OF NEETS WORKING TO PROGRAM RESOURCE HARVESTING DRONES AND PERFORMING REMOTE EXPERIMENTS ON CELLULAR BIOLOGY.

*YET HEAR YOU ARE ADVOCATING THAT WE GO BACK IN OUR EVOLUTION AND BASH THE SKULLS OF THE "WEAK."*

THOSE "WEAK" PEOPLE MAY BE THE ONES INVENTING LINUX OR CURING CANCER. IF LINUS TORVALDS DIDN'T LIVE IN A WELFARE STATE WHERE HE COULD SIT AROUND PROGRAMMING FOR 10 YEARS WE MIGHT STILL ONLY HAVE APPLE AND MICROSOFT TO CHOOSE FROM. AND I BET YOU ARE SUCH A BRAINLET THAT YOU EVEN USE ONE OF THE INFERIOR OPTIONS INSTEAD OF THE SUPERIOR PRODUCTS OF SOCIAL SAFETY NETS, LINUX.

I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR COMMUNISM EITHER. HUMANS ARE WIRED FOR COMMUNITIES THAT TAKE CARE OF THE SICK AND NEEDY WITHOUT STATE COERCION. 120 PEOPLE IS OPTIMAL BUT WE COULD HAVE NETWORKS OF SUPPORT THAT ARE LARGER FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ABANDONED OTHERWISE. I HAVE ALREADY SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS VOLUNTEERING WITH HOMELESS DRUG ADDICTS.

Yet here you are advocating that we go back to being hunter gatherers that abandoned the weak. YOU ARE WEAK. YOUR GENOCIDAL INSTINCTS ARE BASED ON FEAR!

Attached: fear-love.jpg (656x288, 37K)

inb4 i spelt "hear" wrong

Join the Air Force and never look back. If you come to 4chin you'll probably hate every other branch.

>I've heard 90% of the fit fags get shat on but I don't complain and can put up with a lot.

You and the rest of the world my friend. If and when it doesn’t work out shooting for special operations you can always tell medical you’re considering suicide to get out early with no penalties if you’re under a certain number of months in service. Otherwise you’ll end up as a massively overqualified pencil pusher who hates his job and the people he works for. Alarmingly frequent in the military, as many can attest.

Hopefully you didn't fuck off back to /pol/ just yet.. but if you value you the christ archetype you should understand that altruism and helping others is the ethically right thing to do and the loving compassionate choice which inherently commands more power because it's easier for humans to cooperate on... love and freedom are so powerful because they resonate within our collective consciousness and are the most powerful motivators. This is why every violent, authoritarian, hateful, and fearful society gets btfo including ROME and your favorite fashionably uniformed fascists.
It's why there are hardly any real kings or queens left and that ones that still remain are hanging by a thin thread. Compassion (love) and freedom triumph over all.

I acknowledge that the road to hell is paved with good intentions though (like yours basically) and that's why social safety nets have to be supported through VOLUNTARY donations. As soon as we start forcing people to help eachother then we are corrupted and this is why communism fails everytime.

Attached: 1520205263357.png (644x598, 111K)

>pacifists
lol pussy

hurr durr creating terrorists is good

Attached: saddam_take_out.jpg (463x320, 30K)

slave for the government? hf u tool