Who here eats chicken hearts? I'm thinking about buying some and putting them in a stir fry...

Who here eats chicken hearts? I'm thinking about buying some and putting them in a stir fry. Chicken is usually expensive as fuck around here, but not the hearts, and correct me if I'm wrong but I figure that they are just muscle tissue so they probably don't taste much different than other parts of the chicken.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSblbUuxmKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been wanting to try them too.. i heard they're best marinated and skewered then grilled?

Ask as well. I am sure some of the people there know all about chicken hearts.

Tried it a few weeks ago, pretty good, but fuck chicken liver.

don't like them
might have a lot to do with the fact that they're considered poverty tier food around here
my mother used to buy them to make dogfood for our dog

Chicken liver is fab.

It tastes like tin, texture isn't bad though.

Just salt, pepper, grill them and serve with some sot sauce and fresh bread. Shit is based.

*hot

I make chicken heart stew quite regularly

They're a bit... ... tougher, gamier. They definitely have an organ meat flavour about them, but not in a kidney/liver kind of way. Nothing a little marination can't fix.

They're great fried with a thin batter/breading.

Pretty GOAT desu

I've had deer heart. That's fucking delicious so I don't see why chicken heart would be bad.

Hearts are the best giblet. They're always packed with gizzards though so you have to search through a bunch of packages to find one that's mostly hearts.

I just cooked a mix of hearts and other organs last week. It was fantastic. Here's what I did:

>put all of the giblets in a mixing bowl and mixed them with a small amount of olive oil, a pinch of clove, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp of garlic
>chopped up half of a small onion and threw it into a non-stick pan with a teenie bit of olive oil, let cook until the onions started to smell fragrant
>threw the giblets into the pan and let them cook with the onions
>once they started to brown I threw in 1/4 cup of plain white vinegar and covered everything in a about 2 tbsp of Frank's red hot
>I didn't mix, just covered and let them cook on medium-low for a while
>in the oven, I roasted broccoli and green peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper
>had some rice prepped already
>finished everything and threw the giblets onto the rice with the broccoli and peppers
>a nice, almost curry-like sauce was still left in the pan and I used that to cover all of the food

It was incredible. Definitely would make it again.

milk soak and marinate them in a vinagrette, they are utterly top tier meat bon bons, you will get addicted

pretty popular barbecue food where I live, I love them.

usually
>soy sauce
>garlic
>salt
>pepper

just dip them in that mixture for a while and then cook. I rarely eat them outside of barbecues, but you can probably just grill them normally.

I love the heart and liver but fuck the gizzard. Fuck the gizzard right in its ass.

That's me with liver. I've tried cooking it a few times with no luck.

Hearts are my favorite though.

I've never had a lot of them by themselves it's usually in the same pot as stewed chicken when I cut one up and toss it all in but I always love finding it and eating it because it's probably the best tasting part for me.

Bingo.

Also good sautéed with butter, garlic and onion.

chicken hearts are bomb

Chicken heart tastes a lot like how it smells. I'm not a huge fan of the taste to be honest.

they taste normal but they're tougher than a wwe star

>tfw back in 1995 there was a brazilian rodizio in my town and served chicken hearts
>my 6 years old dick was not prepared for the wave of flavor those little motherfuckers brought with them
>rodizio goes to shit because of mexico's mid 90's economical crisis
>2013
>a new brazilian rodizio opens up
>they have chicken hearts
>i eat 20 of them and go back every sunday

those fuckers are GOAT

Chicken heart and liver chili recipe where?

This is what goes with chicken

youtube.com/watch?v=mSblbUuxmKI

I've eaten them. Good source of iron. I mixed them with chicken breast as it was cheaper than meat. Never had them by themselves.

Marinade, sous vide, then stir fry.
Alteratively great marinaded then skewered and cooked over coals, or stewed.
Or sous vide with powdered scotch bonnet before coating in desiccated coconut and deep frying.

I ate a raw wild duck heart yesterday. I think I am going to die.

cut em up in halves or thirds and pan fry with a sprinkle of johnny's.

I just ate hearts that I had in the crock pot overnight with broth then thickened over breadcrumb dressing. They're so tender yum.

My Grandfather used to eat them all the time. He'd toss them in a bowl with flour, salt and pepper. Then he'd get a pan hot with bacon grease and toss in some onions and a few thick pieces of bacon. He'd then toss in the hearts and gizzards and livers and fry them up. Not sure why the fuck he lived as long as he did eating that kind of shit.

they're a bitch to clean

I'm intrigued
Please post your favorite recipes, I'm gonna try these if I can find some