Nostalgia thread

Uk food edition

>10p freddo

those were the days

>caramel Freddos

reddit

thats a taz you fucking mong, They were also patrician taste.

>not going to the paki shop with 50p and getting a tin of Iron Bru, a packet of space raiders, a taz, a wham bar and some highland toffee

I see your Highland Toffee and raise you the original Wham bars, when they had loads of fizzy bits in them.

Incredible. This literally took me back to a better time

I can't argue with this.

Of course the trick was to buy at least one each o f and And then some Fruit Salad chews, and pic. related.

I want to go back.

>football stickers

aww sheeeeeet

Do they even still do this? I used to get them off a vending machine after swimming, have never seen (or looked for) them anywhere else.

All this excellent taste

Yup, just about everywhere and it's always on offer at my local Morrisons by the tills because people don't buy them

>tfw callipo shots, bubble jug and panda pops are kill

Does anyone remember those fizzy bottle cap sweets?

Too many to fucking list.

Crunchie nuggets, they were fucking gold, then got discontinued and replaced with this shitty crunchie rock which doesnt even taste half as good.

Old cadburys milk chocolate creme eggs, KRAFT replaced them with a shitty american style chocolate

outsourcing dairy milk being made in poland, creates a distinct flavor thing too. so RIP DAIRY MILK

WHY CANT AMERIFATS KEEP THEIR SHITTY PUKE-TASTING CHOCOLATE TO THEMSELVES.

>changing dairy milk when it was goat

>haven't lived in bongland since 00's

Do they still make those golden nugget cereal? They were great when I was a kid

Just buy sponge candy and stop complaining.

I find all cereal to be totally tasteless now. I think they removed all the sugar the same time they took the toys out.

I always crave a few bowls of sugary cereal when I've had a drink at home but nothing on the shelf really fits the bill anymore.

Cinnamon grahams are probably closest

Going to the shop with a quid and buying a pile of these was class

got, got, got, swap, swap, got,swap, NEED

They were great and they were only 20p out the machines at school. Same as polos - fruit ones were the best.

tfw these are 25p at my work

Step it up, plebs.

What the fuck even is that? Fuck off yank.

Does anyone remember a type of chew that was similar to a Fruittella but had a sherbert sort of thing mixed in with the pieces? They came in foil and were stacked side by side instead of stacked on top of each other like you normally find in chew sweets.

This was the shit

remiansharts

These?

No, they were an original brand. Similar though. The package was longer, say the size of your forearm.

ow my teeth

It's really annoying me know because I know exactly what you mean but the name escapes me

>got, got, got, swap, swap, got,swap, NEED

DELET THIS

Put a few beans on a pizza next time. You might surprise yourself.

These were incredible.

Fruitang?

I can't remember posting this but YES!

I was so sure they were called Fiendish Faces but according to google I'm wrong. Anyway for some reason or other I really liked these fuckers.

Mad nostalgia right now

Who /woolworths/ here?

This and mr blobby pop

I'm 10 again
>mfw pocketing sweets as we go round Woolworths

>mfw pocketing sweets as we go round Woolworths

Looking at the big Lego sets you knew you'd never have.

Fuck, yes it is. I have been through multiple nostalgia threads and this is the first time anyone has been able to get it.

Good job user.

What were those yoghurts that came in a circle with a toy in the middle? It was a ufo theme.

Froofoo?

That's the one.

These disappeared so quickly

>tfw I'm 8 again and sitting in a boiling hot car waiting to board a dover ferry and my only drink is a lukewarm can of krusty yellow kola

Crusha, ah wunt sum Crusha!

OHHHH SHAAAAKEY JAKE
WIBBLE WOBBLE WIBBLE WUM
HE'S A REAL MILKSHAKE
WIBBLE WOBBLE WIBBLE WUM

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone remember those calzone like things from the early 90s? I'm sure they were called Pizzaromas and looked like small barms.

God, I used to love them. What were the other ones they tried? There was pot mash, posh noodle and there was another one.

Pot Casserole?

The kids Pot Noodle were glorious too.

I saw these at a 99 cent store while buying my cheap junkfood there. Didn't buy any though.

looking at the cassettes and choosing which ones to put on your christmas list when you get home.

one vivid memory I have growing up is sitting in the back of a Vauxhall Cavalier in a BP petrol station forecourt on a red hot summer day.
My mam brought me a box of these back out the shop as I loved them but the car was so hot the chocolate had all melted so they disintegrated in your mouth and the biscuit in the middle scratched up the roof of my mouth.

Pot Noodles are now so shit. When they reduced the ingredients, mainly reduction in salt, the flavour just never seemed right. They were supposed to be unhealthy trash food, no one buys a pot noodle and thinks about their health or nutritional content.

in america they have these cup noodles, they taste like cardboard trash compared to pot noodles

Agreed, they need stock cubes in just to be edible now

>the biscuit in the middle scratched up the roof of my mouth
my only memory of astros is this

you mean curiously cinnamon?

Holy fucking shit user I've been trying to remember if I imagined these for YEARS.

Truly god-tier sweets.

THANKS JAMIE OLIVER

Did you collect them all?

what's with the shitty lays knockoff brand?

Don't know what the fuck they're called. I just get Aldi's own as they're a third of the price and taste better

"MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY"

exactly. There was a guy on reddit describing the process, everything coming off the line and each supplier is prepared to pay a certain amount. Varying between their 'value' to 'finest' ranges.
He just had to pick out the stock and put it in the right bin.

people buying tesco finest anything are mongs.

That works for some things but not others. An Asda Value lasagne is nothing like an Asda Extra Special lasagne, for example.

true in that regard. But I don't buy ready meals.

I buy value everything within reason.
Toothpaste and coffee for example.

I have never thought of that. Now I'm going to try putting a beef Oxo cube in a beef and tomato Pot noodle and see what happens.

I will never forgive that cunt for killing turkey twizzlers.

I never even understood why they were the focus of hate. They were sausages made out of turkey mince but oh no they were in a spiral instead of a cylinder therefore they were going to Jimmy Saville your kids when you weren't looking.

Yes, I had all of the Tazos and Star Wars Tazos too.

miss these a lot

Does McDonalds still do the football sticker swapshops?

These were so good
They still make these minus the Spice Girls

Wilkinson is the new Woolworth

yup

Curry Twiglets were the fucking best.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

These were class, same with fuses.

I miss the curry McCoys.