Just started my own crypto hedge fund

All legal papers are coming in this week, filing and registration etc

Thoughts on any security protocols/general industry practices I should take into account? (obviously I know what im doing but any other help/opinions would be appreciated)

No larping, what coins do you guys think we should include in our clients shitfolios?

Attached: godtierfolio.png (300x168, 35K)

Chainlink

fpbp

Meh maybe a small portion but I dont trust it after it being shilled a retarded amount here/the general memeness revolving around it

i'm thinking of doing this in europe under aifmd. what regulation did you satisfy? what restrictions do you have? how difficult was it to answer the questions mainly relevant for traditional investments? any information you can share would have a biz brother out!

In US so don't know a whole alot about europe regulations, sorry m8

Unironically IOTA

10M LINK MARKET BUY

I have a crypto investment fond. I started it in December and is now at 32% average loss in portfolio.

We put in low cap gems such as XLM and ADA. These are cheap coins together with Ripple Coin.

This, and only this
shu shu roach

Nice

btc bch? eth ltc xmr

those will probably make up a good amount of the fund but also NEO, we also would like so smaller caps to get some increased profit (long term)

Currently thinking GVT/NANO/PRL/FUN/POWR

and OMG

>Just started my own hedge fund
Are you larping or for real? Tell me more about how you start a hedge fund because I want to start one.
Ive dug and dug and everything I read says that the absolute minimum you need to start with is $100M and it would be even better if you start with $250M, and also you need to have a world class resume and excellent pedigree like a degree from Columbia. So it seems pretty hopeless on the one hand, but on the other hand I wouldnt be surprised if they put post stuff like that to keep people from starting their own funds and competing with them because they dont wont competition.

If you really want to be so retarded to do this focus on things that are used and are enterprise solutions. But even though i have around 10'000 dollars in crypto i highly recommend against it. It is literally online poker with worthless assets. Maybe something like bitcoin or nano will become kind of a substitute for credit cards but all those start ups that desperatly try to figure out a way to use cryptos just to gain capital will fail. And that's around 1500 of the ones on cmc. Just buy facebook, google, apple and netflix stocks once the stock market completely collapsed and use that.

The funds that have been successful had a lot of BTC + Cash and manipulated the hell out of a lot of shit coins with good sounding white-papers. Do you have a shilling syndicate?

Not larping, you don't need any minimum capital to start an llc/company, but it did cost roughly $15-20k to set up everything/legal fees

No but we will solely invest in projects we believe in long term/"blue chip" cryptos

>shitcoin hedgefund
>hedgefund with the most volatile scams on the planet

biz neverchange

Attached: 1521419610324.png (650x650, 43K)

I'll let you know in the next few months how much I've made, thanks for the encouragement :)

what exactly did you have to setup? are people buying into your hedge fund? how you do it

ETH EOS BTC

Just those and actually make people money

I know the filing fee to setup a Inc or LLC is only like $200.
But I'm talking about all the other stuff you have to pay for to meet hedge fund regulations. Like you have to hire a Administrator, and you have to hire separate Auditor and Accountant
And unless if you want investors to take you seriously you have to hire a good lawyer, and prime broker.
And another would be to hire a reputable third party marketing firm that does due diligence on you and your fund.
And I've read a bunch of articles that say that most of these serviece providers wont even give you the time of day unless you have at least $100M, like I was saying in my previous post, because they all take a percentage cut.

>money
>eos

Attached: images (1).png (207x243, 6K)

how about you drop the shitcoins and just make one with BTC and XMR? The fact that you have nano in there means you have no fucking clue how this space works

>also you need to have a world class resume and excellent pedigree like a degree from Columbia.
lol no, that's not how it works

I feel like I'd unironically be really good at managing a hedge fund, as far as picking shitcoins goes. Can you hire me OP

family/friends to start, already have several hundred thousand ready to invest once all legal clears..

yes administrator costs we calculated roughly $1-2k/month depending on who we use, already working with a law firm in that aspect. Will get audited when the time comes

BTC/XMR make up a large portion of our proposed fund, NANO will be only a few % as a hedge/potential gains

ETH/BTC sure, EOS maybe but haven't done my due diligence for that

Also this isnt a traditional hedge fund, we are not dealing in traditional stocks, strictly crypto so there are alot less hoops we need to jump through

>Even the most pedigreed hedge fund managers are considering seeders since the financial crisis has made investors wary of putting money with managers striking out on their own. A seed investment, as you may have gleaned, is an injection of early stage capital. A hedge fund seed is large enough to help a manager get off the ground; and some seeders also kick in marketing, risk management, and back office help. If the investment is from a prestigious firm – i.e. Larch Lane, Reservoir, Protege, Blackstone , or SkyBridge – the seed can act like an early imprimatur of success. The seeded enter into a relationship that operates like indentured servitude lite. In exchange for money, marketing, and (sometimes) prestige, seeders get some combination of an equity stake in the business and a cut of the fee income generated by the fund for an agreed upon period of time. Before the financial crisis, the most talented managers (or at least those with the best track records) didn’t need to be seeded. They were easily able to raise big money without any help. At the height of the hedge fund boom, managers who relied on seeding platforms were sometimes thought of as the sort of guys who couldn’t succeed on their own. Now a Larch Lane report says that even the most pedigreed managers are considering seeders, since the financial crisis has made investors wary of putting money with managers — even established ones — just striking out on their own. It’s high risk to put a bet on an emerging manager, regardless of what kind of track record he or she created while at a prop trading desk or at another hedge fund. The report adds that seeders are also in a position to negotiate even better terms for themselves than before. In short, there’s a glut of funds who want money. “I can show you countless managers who looked good on paper I ask Scaramucci what I’d have to give up if he seeded my future firm In exchange, SkyBridge would want about 25% of the fee revenue generated

>is driven primarily by two things. First, it is tough to raise money for small managers. Some investors are still craving the safety of size after the 2008 financial crisis. Talent in any industry — whether sports or finance — is tough to pick, and pedigreed managers throw in the towel up all the time.

>The industry investor base has changed materially since the global financial crisis, with a significant increase in institutional investors and consultants focused on larger funds. The introduction of regulatory restrictions on global banks investing in hedge funds and a decline in the number of fund of hedge funds has resulted in a scarcity of dedicated seed capital providers, particularly in mid-size transactions. There continues to be a strong pipeline of high quality talent, often second generation managers with hedge fund experience At the same time, increasing institutional minimum asset size requirements and escalating regulatory, compliance and operating costs have increased the barriers to entry and therefore increased the attractiveness and value of seed capital.

>“In fact, there is a manager on my platform who was at GSAM for 20 years. He has got incredible pedigree; as a niche player he specifically invests in FinTech; and he has phenomenal returns. He is finding that people want to just invest with him via SMAs versus going into a commingled fund. And I think this is true across the board.” “So in some ways, it’s even harder to raise money now for a smaller hedge fund
So theyre saying its common across the board to have tough time even with pedigree and a phenominal track record.

Due dilligence done by a third party marketing firm?

What are you smoking nigger

>btc
>xmr
>nano

owch, all those are probably going to 0

Great input

if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have to ask. I can aid you but you would have to show me you meant business

Attached: hoho.jpg (590x400, 15K)

Vechain.
Monero.
Bitcoin.
CPChain.
Matrix.
Ontology.
Power Ledger.

>Unless you’re well known as a successful trader in the financial services industry, with some pedigree, chances are you won’t attract investors into your hedge fund
>Raising capital is one of the most difficult aspects of launching an emerging fund. Many managers with exemplary pedigrees and outstanding track records are nonetheless unsuccessful in their efforts to identify and approach the right capital sources.
>The four factors of successful hedge fund marketing Pedigree....
>Fund manager pedigrees are another factor third party marketers look at before representing a new fund. if the fund manager was formerly at one of the larger hedge funds, and has a portable track record and strategy, this certainly will help to move him to the top of the marketers list.
>The relationship between a seeder and a manager can be similar to a marriage, and the process to choose the right partner can be extensive. Some of the common credentials that seeders look for are a portfolio manager’s pedigree, their ability to perform throughout all market cycles, the risk management process, and lastly, their eagerness to grow their business. Seeders also review prior track records to determine if managers can make money over the long term. They look for deep, extensive experience that can also be quantified, as well as how much of the managers’ own net worth is invested in their strategy.

Just looking for some more input, also trying to spark an actual conversation thats not just a circlejerk of shitcons/bagholder/chainlink

/thread

Bitcoin is a shitcoin, look at how theyve drifted from satoshis vision as written about multiple times

Anonymous coins are a meme, they will lose to privacy oriented platforms such as Komodo

Nano, like all other currency type coins will die.

any questions?

It was illegal to market your own fund until the Jump Start Our Business Act, but even after that was passed into law its still taken a very long time for it to actually take effect and be implemented.

>While capital raising is a critical business objective, a new manager is often in a quandary to fill this role with appropriate staff and/or capabilities. Although employees are generally capable of handling internal IR responsibilities (including developing basic marketing materials and a website), they often are not qualified or sufficiently connected to develop and build the long-term relationships needed to successfully raise capital from institutional or family office investors. In addition, there are regulatory risks for in-house marketing departments that effectively operate as unregistered broker-dealers. While many quality third-party placement agents and marketing firms are available for larger hedge fund managers, most of these capital-raising firms do not take on new fund managers with relatively small AUM. Similarly, while many prime brokers offer capital introduction services, they are typically geared to larger managers with more established track records.
>all marketers who get paid a fee as a result of the amount of assets raised must be licensed as Series 7 salespeople with a FINRA registered broker/dealer.
>Third-party marketers may be used to raise capital for the fund provided each such individual is properly licensed (Series 7) as a registered representative of a broker-dealer. In any event, all marketing efforts should be discussed first with qualified legal counsel to confirm the activities would not be deemed a general solicitation or general advertising

I personally dont like BTC and agree with that statement (straying from OG vision etc etc)

XMR is pretty valuable regardless or not of what you think of it/privacy coins in general

And yes NANO, like all currency coins are extremely hard to valuate since its all related to adoption/community belief in how much it is worth

Currency coins are making up a smaller portion of the fund (platforms>tokens>currency coins)

>yes administrator costs we calculated roughly $1-2k/month depending on who we use, already working with a law firm in that aspect. Will get audited when the time comes
Thats about what I was pulling up during my research it looked like Administrators would be at least $25k per year. But that $25k is only for the Administrator, you also have to hire an accountant and a auditor and those two have to be separate from one another they cant be the same person doing both jobs so there goes another $50k per year. So if you consider all these expenses added up would it be more than your expected return or would the whole thing be losing money after all these fees for regulatory compliance?

>Also this isnt a traditional hedge fund, we are not dealing in traditional stocks, strictly crypto so there are alot less hoops we need to jump through
So are you saying they only made you get regulated only by the CFTC and NFA as a CPO?

all in

Trading shitcoins in this market is malpractice. This is what your fund should be doing, OP

Attached: 1d84749f9cc9a3e7d0cd00cf39ae9463c29425aa.png (1263x205, 4K)

>family/friends to start
There is a way to legally register a so called incubator hedge fund that is only legally allowed to accept money from friends/family and also another restriction is youre not allowed to charge them performance and or management fees. Did you take or look at this route?

Patrician taste OP

Even if all state currencies died Monero would still exist and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Agree though about Nano's questionable lifespan. Doesn't Oyster also have some cloud hanging over it due to its dependence on IOTA/tangle-like impossible dreams?

This

Also, how do you balance the money? Like 80 , 90% nobrainers and some in potential moonshots?

And what about regulation? Cayman company & go?

Facebook will die, Apple and Netflix should die and Google/Alphabet has already jumped the shark and will evanesce through balkanization. Amazon will dominate all sectors globally within 10-15 years

Attached: simulus.jpg (187x250, 11K)

how many MM under management? i dont see the point unless you've got 8 figures going into it really.

Some of what you say is true. Some is very very very wrong.

Netflix may get absorbed but it certainly won't die (neither will Apple) any time soon

its yet another episode where I try to get a serious discussion going and talk about information from in depth research and digging, but get ignored and only wasted time