Beans - the misunderstood food group

Beans shouldn't be treated as poverty food.

They are poverty food.

That being said, whole pinto beans are the GOAT side dish.

they aren't

Also beans don't cause any more gas than stuff like broccoli or celery.

Beans are dirt cheap and plentiful. I'm not sure how they could not be considered poverty food. I still love them, but it chances nothing.

>Long preparation time
>If you don't prepare them right they cause extreme intestinal discomfort
>Little flavor of their own

The definition of poverty food my man.

gonna can these bad boys tomorrow

>Long preparation time
That depends on the type of bean we are talking about (lentils cook in 15-20 minutes). For other stuff you can always buy canned.
>If you don't prepare them right they cause extreme intestinal discomfort
If you don't prepare meat right you might die.
>Little flavor of their own
simply not true if you know how to cook

>Buying canned
>Ever

Canned beans are not ever cooked properly and are the #1 reason beans are so identified with gas issues when in reality if you properly cook them there is zero issue.

Preparing meat is an entirely different issue. Apples and Oranges. And note that many old religions in fact DO ban the meats that are often most dangerous when undercooked for this reason. And that meats that take longer to cook ARE considered poor food.

>Beans have flavor if you know how to cook

Objectively wrong. Beans have little flavor of their own. I suppose you would also try to tell me Tofu is totally flavorful too. "Haha yeah guys this piece of eggplant has the same amount of flavor as something like an orange or carrot!".

so fucking delicious. A perfect balance of starch and fiber.

>beans
>poverty food
Only you have shit tastes. Heirloom quality or go home.

How do you properly cook beans so they are good and don't cuase gas or intenstinal wretching?"

eggplants are really flavorful if roasted in the oven

they're terrible when raw though

Just soaking them and changing the water at least once takes care of most of it. Some amount of gas is to be expected if you're the typical Veeky Forums denizen who eats nothing but a huge heap of third rate meat with every meal. Your gut flora have to adjust and that can take a few weeks of consistently eating a less meat-oriented diet. Easing your way into it by not switching straight to a giant bowl of beans for dinner every night would make it less traumatic, but it will also draw out the process more.

next thing you'll be telling me water has no flavour at all. clean your fucking tastebuds.

>Canned beans are not ever cooked properly
picrelated

>meats that take longer to cook ARE considered poor food
wtf are you smoking? since when is the time you take to cook sth in any way related to its quality?

>since when is the time you take to cook sth in any way related to its quality?

The cheap cuts are tough. You have to cook them low and slow to soften them up.

And the tender cuts taste like garbage when cooked low and slow. What if I want a low and slow dish? Should I just use tenderloin to prove I'm not poor?

Bring water to a boil, add the beans to the water and let them boil for 10-15 min. Then drain the water and bring the beans back to a boil with fresh water.
Soaking your beans over night will ruin the texture, there' no point to it.

I agree. In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty.

You don't understand different cuts of meat. Stick with beans.

pfft
>caning your own beans
pleb doesn't have a personal bean cannery

I don't care about your shitty opinion fagtron.

I don't think anybody else does, either.

Go be autistic about beans somewhere else.

pic related it's you

Spices are cheap af you pleb.

>>he buys shit tier spices

they are a poverty food
but still superior to most other food groups in almost every way
great taste
incredibly nutritious
don't cause diseases like meat
goes great with anything

you're mad

it's almost time

>tfw I made confit duck legs on a white bean cassoulet a few weeks ago
>biggest input from family was them wondering why I put the legs on something cheap like beans

I love beans. Try roasting chickpeas with rosemary and olive oil

Ahh, pasta e fagioli. But why not use cannellini beans like you're supposed to faggot?

What do with canned beans?

What canned beans are best?

Borlotti
Can of beans, can of crushed toms, add paprika and cumin with oregano, maybe some bacon or liquid smoke, simmer for 20mins to let the oregano flavor disperse, its pretty fucking tasty.