What do you fuckers think of Five Guys?

What do you fuckers think of Five Guys?

Fake and gay.

fucking DELICIOUS.

They give you too many fries though. Split one with a friend.

They finally built one here a couple years ago and literally every one said the same thing, it's greasy and expensive as fuck.

I haven't bothered

Not my thing. If I want a slightly upscale take on a fast food burger I'll go to Shake Shack.

Bacon cheeseburger (ketchup/mayo), large fries, shake w/oreo creme mix-ins. 1040+1310+1250=3604 calories.

decent but overpriced

It's no shake shack

I generally enjoy it but really I only go there when I feel like hating myself

>What do you fuckers think of Five Guys?

LOUD. REALLY LOUD. DEAFENINGLY LOUD. IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A PARTY ATMOSPHERE? AND THE FOOD IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE. AND NOT THAT GREAT.

I have made it a habit of going there to get the minimalist burger and fries and feeeding the fries to the local duck and waiting for him to shit on the sidewalk.
>He has done this about three times and it's like a half quart of liquid death.

That's an interesting thing to do while eating.

Get the junior-sized burger and small fries. Lots and lots of free toppings. No drink, buy a soda from the gas station across the street only 75 cents for a 44oz cup.

Tasty and filling for under $10 is always a good deal imo.

Jew

Jews don't eat beef burgers the cow is sacred to them idiot.

>retardalert.jpg

>a friend

Overpriced and overcooked. At least they have a variety of toppings...

>merely predenting to be retarded

It also proves I'm NOT Jewist because a Jew would know about beef and pork.

I'm simply a cunning gentile burger lover.

Little Cheeseburger, lettuce, grilled onion, ketchup, mayo, hot sauce, A1

Maybe fries if I am feeling like it, its nice they have malt vinegar

I love the taste of their burgers but I can't eat there. My stomach was much more hearty in high school. The last time I ate there I spent 5 hours in excruciating pain rushing to the bathroom every 10 minutes. Eventually I ran out of stuff to shit out, but the burger wasn't satisfied, so I just started having severe cramps as my body desperately tried to expel shit that wasn't there. The pain kept me up until 4 AM, luckily I had nothing to do the next day.

I've decided that it isn't worth eating there anymore.

I get the Bacon double cheesburger with all the free toppings except katsup. Then I throw the bun away to avoid the added carbs. Fills me up, gives me a good ratio of fat to protein and keeps by blood sugar from spiking.

I was a vegetarian until less than a year ago, so I've never had Five Guys.
Whats the essential entry level five guys meal Veeky Forums?

Can one of you amerilards please tell me if carls jnr is any good? I'm from New Zealand but on holiday in Indonesia at the moment and noticed they have it here now. Is it any good?

The fuck do you eat a large order of fries.

My gf and I split a small

Pretty good. Not bad burgers, however the burgers at the place I work at are much better. It's still a solid burger, although I think it's slightly overpriced.

The fries are either really good or very sorry. I tend to go with the cajin fries because I like the flavor. I always get a Mr. Pibb when I go there too, because for some reason I feel like it compliments the burgers and fries well. I never get Mr. Pibb anywhere else.

Also their shakes are amazing. My friend works at five guys and said if it wasn't for the shakes, his store probably would have went under.

Its not terrible, better burgers than most other franchises (mcdicks, jack in the crack, BK) the $5 big carl deal got me through at least year of university.

you wouldn't really miss much if you skipped it, unless they have the sausage egg n cheese biscuits on their breakfast menu, those are 10/10.

five guys is good

their only mistake is tightly wrapping their burgers in foil, which just steams it and turns the bun and any vegetable toppings into a soggy mess.

Expensive but portions are quite large. Cajun fries are among the best fries I've ever had.

The best thing to come out of my state since ham, peanuts and enemas.

thanks senpai, desu I will check it out desu senpai

desu I'll probably check it out tomorrow senpai

pretty damn tasty

always a popular choice when on road trips

im pretty glad they finally got shakes.

incredibly overpriced

Pretty bland
Red Robin is better and any local pub is far superior

5 guys is great, so is steak & shake

PRO TIP at 5 guys the extra bacon is only a single charge, so you can order as much bacon as you want.

Quite good, but way fucking overpriced.

Can make the same burger for 1/4 of the price.

Ill be honest
I havent had a burger in many many years
I tried a burger once as a kid and didn't like it
I tried hamburger here and there growing up and always hated it
I don't really care for lettuce, I hate tomatos, and I hate onions. I also don't like most of the sauces used on burgers.
I am tired of having no taste though and I'd like to know where I should go to see if I can unfuck my taste buds
I know not to go to bottom tier places like McD's for this shit, so, I'm curious, is 5 guys a nice starting point?

Christ no, you'd be better off going to a local pub

Frankly you're not missing out on anything, there are plenty of better things to enjoy in regards to food

May well be worth learning to make your own. Won't seem worth the effort at first obviously, but once you've got your patty mix just how you want it you can use whatever toppings and sauces you like. Or hell, just use a small steak instead of a patty

little hamburger
small fry
diet soda
It's hardly healthy but at least it's not a day and a half's calories

Actually I do love steak and especially slow cooked beef stew
I always felt weird living in burgerland and disliking burgers but I guess if it's not that much worth it then eh
I have tried 5 guys' fries and they're pretty good

so like shake shack?

very good if you want something greasy. a bit overpriced for what you get. but if you have a hangover that you just can't kick, there is no better cure than five guys and a j

rub yourself in beef tallow and cry for an hour

that should get you broken in

>Not bad for a fast food ish place

>poor people think price is a valid criticism when discussing food

If you commented on the price, your opinions are worthless.

How can you like that oil soaked nightmare? Places like these makes you almost think this is the way burgers are supposed to be but then you remember you have had decent burgers for humans before.

mediocre food

>katsup

That looks like an obese version of my mom. I wonder if it's her sister.

Work here, frys are better extra crispy, burgers are better the less you put on them, milkshakes will give you the shits. Also try a grill cheese with a patty if you don't want a soggy bun.

Fuck Zoe Quinn.

>They give you too many fries though.
I don't fucking get it.

How is this a problem? Just keep them for later, split with someone or just throw them away if none of those are options.

Getting too much food is never a fucking problem, that's what's great.

the only bad thing is that the patties tasted like cardboard. at least they did here in the UK where there are only a few stores. and for the cost I'd expect the patties to be a bit more flavourful and less dry in texture.

the burger topping options and chipd and chip portion are all superb though.

It costs too much here to be true fast food but every once in a while when I just want a lot of calories and burger toppings I'll go there. would never go with a friend or a date though because it's so messy .

I guess he feels that he's rather pay less and get fewer fries because the taste of fries deteriorates when they get cold or are left mroe than 30 minutes to an hour

I'm presuming that 'da jooz' is the reason this place sells shitty beef hot dogs and not proper pork ones?

their burgers are so big and full and their toppings have so much juice that it would be very hard to eat and keep together without the foil.

I think it's a respectable judgment call considering how full and big their burgers get, and htey're offering a takeaway service rather than exclusively sit-down.

the other thing is that pouring the fries into the take-away bag makes the bag very greasy so you can't rest it on your lap or let the bag touch teh fabric of yoru clothes.

I'd prefer that they used a larger container than the cup they provide that kept almost all the fries inside, or they used bags with a grease-proof inner lining

It's okay. Peanut oil gives it a leg up on the competition. Order big and then split it.

Frankly, if Whattaburger was willing to expand a little faster they'd have never gotten a foothold to begin with.

do it

You're think of chicken, moron.

The burger has surprisingly little calories in comparison to the rest desu

First time was great. Got the standard double patty with bacon and all the basics. Have since gone 3 more times and it's never been quite as good.

Greasy and expensive but alright. Not worth the price, but around where I live there's not many better options. There's a local bar though that makes fantastic fucking burgers for much cheaper.

There's no shake shacks in my dump of a state unfortunately.

You still have to steer, faggot.

>the local duck
>singular
I can't tell if the animal is really fortunate or unfortunate.

tastes nice I guess, just overpriced for what it is

Bland.

that statement is almost a classic, 5 more years and it will be.

Absolute shit, just like the other meme burger joins (e.g. in-n-out, whatAburger, etc...)

Only a tiny tiny bit better than traditional fast food.

If you can't make something much better at home, you are a fucking pleb

It's good.
Overpriced.
But still good.

Yeah I have to echo pretty much everyone else here. It's really good, better than most other fast food places, but it's way too overpriced.

Legit good, love their fries. Burgers are greasy and tasty, makes you feel fat.

But $10, man. McDoubles are even tastier and they're $2, $4 with fries.

they don't review videogames very well

Burger is an addiction. It's not a great food, it just has a lot of fat and sugar in the sauce. I don't recommend you getting it since you seem to hate all the stuff that goes in it.

Fat Guys, chips expensive as shit and come seperate to burgers.

Great hot dogs, good fries, eh burgers

I went to a Five Guys for the first time at Centertainment in Sheffield (UK) and I could see all of the staff working away with no walls while they prepared my meal in full view of all the customers.

Is it like that in all Five Guys?

All the staff seemed pretty unhappy like they were trying to look busy as well as avoiding eye contact.

On the menu it said that all extras in the milkshake were free. I had asked for whipped cream on at the register and I had to go back up to get it sorted.

I asked if I could have any mad things like chocolate sauce on top of the whipped cream and the employee told me "no we dont do that"

pretty disappointed the staff seemed depressed as fuck as well as unhappy to sort me a bit of sprinkles on my shake since they made a mistake in the first place :/

Yesterday I was in a part of the city I am unfamiliar with when I realized there was a Wendy's nearby. It was 2 pm and I hadn't eaten lunch yet and was really looking forward to trying their new chipotle sandwiches.

I took a wrong turn but ended up seeing a Five Guys, which I have never been to. As a rule, I usually avoid fast food restaurants without drive throughs. I noticed a drive through sign as I approached, but was disappointed to see it was for another restaurant nearby.

Going to Five Guys reaffirmed my distaste for going inside restaurants to order. My biggest issue was the disorganized menu. I was the only one in line and the cashier was staring at me and actually said "next please" after only a few minutes.

I told him that I wanted a hamburger and fries. He asked what kind of hamburger and I ended up saying a bacon cheeseburger because I didn't know how to respond. He repeated the question again and after I became flustered he said, "single, double, or triple?".

He also said, "what kind of fries?" and I hesitated for 10 seconds and then said "French fries". He laughed aloud directly at me and said "plain or Cajun". I got Cajun to end the ordeal.

Right away I was feeling a bit awkward so I got my own ketchup using the ketchup pump, which was somewhat novel. I got three cups and several napkins and the server said something about me not needing so many napkins if I didn't have so much ketchup. I didn't say anything but it was the beginning of a bad wait.

I ended up waiting in my hot jacket for what seemed like 10 minutes before my food was ready. It was very awkward just standing there and pretending to be interested in all their awards and newspaper articles on the wall.

I got my food and went into my vehicle to eat it when I realized I was the only car in front of the restaurant, which was all glass. I tried to eat but couldn't, so I drove to another adjacent parking lot. I prefer fast food places with moderately busy parking lots, not feeling like I am in the spotlight in front of an empty restaurant with the employees watching me if they like. I'm sure that is because of the time I arrived though.

Overall, the food was okay and nice for a change but I would have much rather tried the new Wendy's sandwiches. The Cajun fries were too salty and odd tasting and ended up getting lots of spice all over my car and jacket.

Has anyone tried the chipotle sandwiches? I am trying to cut down on fast food as a New Year's Resolution and I'm a bit nervous about the flu so I'll have to wait until Friday to try them.

It's good but also fucking $15 for a burger, fries, and a soda so I almost never go there

I went to Five Guys with a friend once and they asked for mushrooms on their burger but the cashier didn't hear it or something and there were no mushrooms on it, so they went back to the counter and asked if they could "just get the mushrooms" and put them on it themselves, and the cashier said "No sorry we have to remake it", and then remade the burger but this time it only had mushrooms on it because they were apparently confused when they said "just mushrooms" a minute ago, so they had to go back up and get it made a third time

What a bunch of spastics. But I'm sure they're probably following what they've been instructed to do when they fuck an order up

It's delicious but fairly expensive.

I went once. Not bad but I'm not looking to pay 35$ for 4 burgers, 4 drinks and two fries again unless Wolfgang Puck himself is going to bring it to my table

I went today in Nottingham, pretty good.

However, there's not a lot of decent fast food options in the UK, so it has less competition. Burger is good if expensive, fries are very good, they give you fucking loads - why do they bother with the cup if they're just going to pour that much again into the bottom of the bag?

Having had first hand experience with McDonald's though (used to be a manager there), it is head and shoulders above it.

7/10, would go again.

Good burgers and fries and generous portions but too expensive to get very often as others have said

Been five or six times.
Novelty of drinks choice has worn off.
Burgers are decent, fries are good (small is a huge portion, nobody needs more the that, surely?).
Horribly overpriced.
Gave me the shits twice literally either in the restaurant or 5min elk from restaurant. Will not go back.

>tfw not the only cunning gentile burger goy on Veeky Forums

It's fucking good

I buy a large Cajun fries with a regular drink every Friday from Five Guys, shits dope

No, that's gay fish

I usually treat myself to a burger of theirs once a year. I get triple patty with fries inside the burger.

I'd prefer to go to red Robin because it's the same fucking price