Is there a sadder sight than someone eating alone?

Is there a sadder sight than someone eating alone?

I often eat alone, so what?

Seeing someone eating alone does not make me sad at all.

Two people eating together, but feeling alone?

This right here. You get couples that go out to eat and don't say a single word to each other. I can count three times that I saw the wife reading a book until the meal came setting the book down to eat and then as soon as she was finished resumed reading the book. The husband would either sit there playing on the cell phone or just sitting there looking around doing his own thing.

So right there a person going into a restaurant to get a bite to eat is nowhere near as sad as a couple that can't seem to stand the other ones company

People eating together, but they're all on their phones.

someone not eating ;_;

Is it less sad if they eat alone without being seen?

>Is there a sadder sight than someone eating alone?

"I HAVE EATEN IN WORSE COMPANY."

You're projecting, because eating alone makes you feel sad. I'm sure a lot of people don't care about eating alone.

Ah yeah, see this is actually depressing.

Someone getting a bit to eat by themselves is totally fine on the other hand, I don't see what the cultural stigma about it is.

Someone eating alone isn't sad. Fat people are a sad sight. Fat people eating fat people food is an extremely sad sight.

Absolutely. People eating fast food, TV dinners, etc.

Also: fat people

>I don't see what the cultural stigma about it is.

There isn't any. But some people are insecure and can't do anything by themselves, they constantly need other's approval and project this onto everyone else.

Being seen eating with you.

This. I go out to get some food I want all the time. There's nothing sad about it at all

Except the fact that I go out to eat by myself because I have nobody to go out with ;_;

but sometimes you have a hankering for something and nobody else is down for it

The guy watching you eat alone

But people watching makes you alpha doe

When this is done, it can also mean they're introverted and are simply enjoying each others company. They talk a little, but with some people there's not much that needs saying.

If you think about it, we all eat alone

I dunno about that. If I'm just silently sitting with a loved one, it's not a book or cell phone that has my attention. Not so say I'd be endlessly staring at them, but I feel a bit disrespectful to eat with others and keep to my device unless I'm trying to show them something like a video I mentioned earlier in the day.

I like to go to restaurants alone sometimes. I like to think I don't look sad...

You're assuming an awful lot about them just from one meal together.

Eating alone isn't sad at all though.

Speaking from experience. I've been with three other people as introverted as I am, and they all agreed it was a real great way to eat, with no expectation of anything insightful to say, but with the pleasantry of sitting with a loved one.

>Two people eating together, but feeling alone?

Holy shit. I'd give a toe to have some nice peaceful dinners without my wife there ruining the food.

>Is there a sadder sight than someone eating alone?

This is a Litmus Test.

Kids who think it's sad eating food alone are hung up on superficiality and haven't experienced life fully yet.

To the rest of us, eating alone sometimes is just eating food.

Someone eating alone at golden corral.

that cat ia fat hehe

Seeing someone shitpost about their pathetic personal insecurities on a Eritrean Frisbee Golf forum.

I always eat alone.

Sometimes, when I'm going through hard situations and anxiety strikes I quickly make a sandwich, toss it into a microwave then i take it, crush it into a ball of mixed cheese, ham and bread and shove it in into my stomach without chewing. Sorry had to write it

I'm really uncomfortable eating with people.
I look really really miserable while doing so.

Heading home, haven't eating anything all day. Just wanna grab a hotdog. Oh noes. OP, say I would look sad.

That cat is quite rotund

Depends how dignified they are, what else they are doing, and where they are.

It's not my fault people go on dates in fucking KFC. I go there to get stuffed on chicken

eating alone is best way.
focus on your food while eating it, just as you focused on it while preparing it.

finfag here.

I see a connection.

my face when I realize that no one is working on breeding a spheroid cat.

>no bacon on the wall
fucking failure

>I go there to get stuffed on chicken
alone?

I go out for lunch alone like every other day. It's a normal thing and not sad at all.

I love eating at the bar by myself especially if i'm there to get dickered.

He's so round!

I love eating alone lemme enjoy my food in peace

I'm never alone.

I wanna touch him

Going out in public with someone you wish was dead

>tfw I realize I haven't eaten alone in 2 years

It must be nice, to be able to relax and enjoy your food by yourself.

An old man eating alone with a picture of his dead wife.

I eat alone all the time, I cook in my kitchen then retreat to my bedroom because it is warm and comfy. If I get food with my housemate we'll eat in the living room and watch the Sportscenter loop but I usually just throw something on YouTube and eat in my bedroom

Married?

for serious