Why is it so fucking good?

Why is it so fucking good?

>liquid bread
>good
Whatever you say, adolf.

Because Germans have continuity of beer culture and they figured out centuries ago that there exists a reasonable balance between the flavors of malts, hops, and alcohol. Something Americans are still struggling with.

We're seeing some signs of reform finally as a select few "beer hipsters" have begun to embrace balance at last, but it's likely that it will take another generation or two before we let go of the notion that MOAR is the best way to distance ourselves from the trauma of post-prohibition beer ''''culture''''

>Cereal you can drink
>bad

god damn that looks tasty OP, what is it 8-9%?

fuck I can drink now, I'm on allergy medication and have to work. fuck fuck fuck fuck, goddamn you OP! GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL.

They've been working at it for awhile now.

This. A number of microbreweries in the US are moving into the Alts, Kolsch, Dunkel, Bock, Oktoberfest, Marzen, even California Steam beers to provide a great alternative to the insanely hopped IPA. It's really only the inexperienced kids that rave about overly hopped beer not even knowing the history of it, as well as the insanely hot triple ghost pepper hot sauces. Fucking millenials, will they ever grow up?

>muh millenial rant
>muh hot sauce memes

kill yourself

You're not wrong though

They've been brewing them for years. Ipas just sell better at liquor stores so that's what gets bottled and distributed

Dunkel is my favourite Weihenstephaner. Good taste, op. Tastes like rye bread, sunshine and justice.

I enjoy seriously hot sauces. I'm trying to grow some Reapers just to see how well they'll play with lime juice and shallots after a month.

I see the reason for IPAs (aside from the history behind them). When done well, hopped just past balance, they cleanse the palate as well as any red, and slow you down just enough to keep from getting completely Goebbeled on them, no matter how cold they are.

The limit pushing hoppiness is an experience, but I feel it to be a negative one.

When I drink a Marzen, I don't taste history. I certainly taste the legacy the Reinheitsgebot left behind - German maltiness, and just enough noble hops to balance it, but I don't taste 500 years of beer, just this batch.

I'm brewing a slightly dark kolsch, at a slightly higher temperature with a slightly phenolic Belgian yeast just to see how far outside of standard I can go before it's something else entirely and not just a hybrid/fuckup. I'll let you know how it tastes in a month or so.

Oh god shut the fuck up your pretentious queer. There have always been microbrews in the US and they have just as good of beer as your average German brewery. Even if it didn't, there's literally nothing wrong with PBR or Coors or Budweiser or Miller. Lite beers taste like ass but the rest get the job done, they're just a nice cold refreshing beer. Port towns especially always have good ales and darker beers because sailors in the old days liked drinking that stuff.

Faggots like you are ruining beer, acting like American brewers have to go on a pilgrimage to Holland or Germany to study with the krauts like they're these wise sages. I've been to Germany countless times and have probably accrued over a year spent there. Germany beer is good but it is just as good as the beer in Poland or England or France or America or Spain. Beer is beer is beer, and you and OP are queers

>Lite beers taste like ass ... they're just a nice cold refreshing beer.
ok

American beer is mass produced, industrial piss water.
European brewery's are were it's at I'm afraid to say.

>There have always been microbrews in the US
I love it how you post this assblasted rant without even understanding what you were replying to.

Enjoy bragging to Veeky Forums about how you can HANDLE overhopped garbage, but some people are actually interested in enjoying beer, not distancing themselves from post-prohibition even at the expense of good taste.

Kolsch is pisswater though.

Pleb, anything that doesn't make you contort your face as you struggle not to make an expression of disgust and horror is pisswater. Beer should be at least 170 IBU and preferably have labels downloaded from some shitty deviantart "artist" and the most attention-getting name possible (preferably with lots of swear words, flames, dragons, and skulls to prove that I am definitely no kid).

As a real beer connoisseur (or cicerone as I call myself), I choose beer (or as I call it, "the new craft beer") based on how much it reminds me that I'm DEFINITELY not drinking bud light. If it is possible to experience pleasure or joy when drinking it, that means it's bad. For plebs, see? It's current year, we have the all-new craft beer now! Haven't you heard of it yet? At least we're not the south.

Are you from Koln or nearby? Are you triggered that your low quality pisswater was insulted? Maybe try a beer that has actual taste and body. Literally any beer from Belgium, Czech, most of germany and UK is fine, just give it a try.

>German beer
>good
All wheat beers are shit

Dear user, someone making fun of you doesn't make them automatically from whatever irrelevant town you're fixated on. But if we're playing that game, you are obviously from Czechoslovakia so here is a picture of your mother on the day I graced her with my seed. Some day I may visit you behind the iron curtain. Would you like me to bring some Bob Dylan tapes or Levis jeans so you can barter them for bread and vodka?

The only people I've met who defend Kolsch are from Cologne, because it's a local product they've grown up with, and therefore their pride gets the better of them.

You seem really triggered though, going personal and all that over the internet.

I'm not from any of the countries I mentioned, my country makes average beer at best. Thanks for the pic though, she a cute.

>Cologne
>town
>irrelevant
Doing a bit of harm to yourself by trying a bit too hard to be condescending IMO

Meet
Now kiss

Fuck off, retard.

Here let me post something more your speed, maybe it will calm you down