Help me /pol/, I got bit by the gold bug

Help me /pol/, I got bit by the gold bug.
I just want to collect as much of this shit (pre 1933 gold, and a touch of minted bullion) as possible. I don't even believe in all the doomsday shit, its just so aesthetic and and will always hedge against inflation.

Attached: muh-gold.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mk0F_sQY-kM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go all-in on XRP. When it hits $1000 cash out and buy a metric fuckton of pre-1933 gold.

Attached: XRP Stone Cold Champion.jpg (600x1026, 191K)

t. auric

This. Fuck off with your racist bullshit, OP.

I bet you don't even know the history behind gold and white colonialism.

He actually wants to talk about God's currency and you are so warped with the cryptoes that you know nothing and wish him ill

Attached: 1517533229464.jpg (700x700, 29K)

>>/tumblr//

lol, by then bitcoin will be 1T though

It's cool that you're trying to bring both sides together, but nah fuck that.

OP is a racist. He is probably white. He needs to fuck off.

Relax man, don't get bent out of shape.

Go home Nazi.

Go die of starvation

And easily curable diseases

Buy Nazi collectibles instead.

Attached: 1C698A12-6D30-421D-94FD-4E3DE2A97508.jpg (921x765, 165K)

>>>/tumblr//
No, YOU fuck off. Unless you were here the year Veeky Forums was created, I highly doubt you've been here longer than me.
All you faggots do is shit up this board. Get the fuck out.

Attached: 1521797875056.png (1596x2200, 2.06M)

Same but with silver.

Buying gold is racist now?

I like silver too, but I don't like worrying about whether it will tarnish and develop spots. The price is probably being manipulated though, but I don't see this as an investment like mutual funds or crypto.
Idk I don't stack paladium and platinum and copper, silver has marginally more historical significance.

Apparently it triggers minorities

>>
>shit up this board
by posting about something besides digital currency
>da white man keeping me down
lol anyone else you'd like to blame for your problems?

I AM white, dipshit. Who said anything about "blaming white people for minorities' problems?" You're making up shit in your head, like how /pol/ AKA /r/The_Donald 2.0 often does.
>by posting about something besides digital currency
I never said we should only post about digital currencies; Veeky Forums is terrible at talking about crypto nowadays. I'm asking you what the fuck does killing niggers have anything to do with BUSINESS & FINANCE? /pol/faggots are either completely off-topic or clearly evident they have no experience in the world of business, let alone crypto, therefore shitting up the board. We used to have way better threads before this migration. Yes, even threads about crypto which is hard to believe these days.
If you don't want to talk about anything related to business and finance, get the fuck out of this board. Go back to /pol/, which is only a shadow of its former self from the pre-presidential election era... Sort of like what's happening with Veeky Forums now.

Attached: 1520479398787.jpg (1066x600, 193K)

Tarnish can be cleaned.

please don't larp as white

>it's a "Veeky Forums thinks it's better than /pol/" episode

Attached: sturmg.jpg (567x448, 49K)

is this real?

Cleaning silver destroys any collectible value.

You're not supposed to clean it off any collectible though. And I was reading about people that found silver coins on the beach that disintegrated when they tried cleaning the tarnish off, ie. they were completely oxidized no more silver left. That's an extreme situation no doubt, but I had read elsewhere that silver will only tarnish on the surface and that sort of protects the rest of the underlying silver, but now I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Quit shitting up this thread.

It is better than /pol/

Also where do you buy? Local or online? I buy Online but thinking about going to local to check out what they have.

I own a cash for gold and deal in bullion for a living. I'd be glad to exchange some of it for crypto on the low. You wanna talk? post a throwaway email address.

I buy bullion bars tho... does that still lose value?

I buy online too, been thinking of at least checking out a local shop though. Learn something and talk the talk. Mostly afraid I'll end up at some place that's super seedy. Would love to shoot the shit with one of the old timers.
Like this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=mk0F_sQY-kM

lol cryptos too traceable/expensive and I wasn't an early monero investor. If I went to a physical shop I would unironically bring cash.
What do you think of the business though, is it good money? How do you protect against market swings?

It shouldn't, but I bet there are some collectible bars out there. More so it doesn't matter if those tarnish or get dented because it's only ever supposed to be melt value.

So collectables could potentially increase in price more than bars? Like coins and little figurines? I thought it was just for like decor.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

>it's a newfags dont realise Veeky Forums was created as a containment board for crypto threads on /pol/ and /g/ episode

>Gold fever
Embrace your inner Jew

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 38K)

Not going to hijack but relevant.

>Like coins and little figurines?
Yes, the problem with bars is that people are always going to be skeptical if it's real or not. A lot of that goes away when you have an easily recognizable coin like the silver eagle or whatever your local mint produces.
Chinese Panda's also sell at a huge premium over spot for older years. Learned that from biz the other day. Some searching shows that the premium isn't really tied to spot, so a silver panda is a better investment than a gold panda.
There's a big but, in a face to face transaction in America there's probably less demand for pandas.
Generic rounds and figurines don't have much collectible value either, even though some rounds are pretty cool and well designed. Don't buy a huge amount of those for investment or resale.

Also numismatic coins will be the most detached from spot, that can be good or bad. That's more like buying rare art. I'd like to try to get a few numismatic pieces for myself, but idk where to start.

This is ridiculous. Assay's are easy.
People who accept fake bars are idiots.

> He is probably white.
now imagine if someone was saying "He is probably black" -- that would make him racist, no?
fucking disgusting double standards. inb4 ITS PREJUDICE NOT RACISM. give me a fucking break.

>People who accept fake bars are idiots.
go on.....
how does one spot a fake bar with real gold outside and tungsten innards, short of cutting it in half?

For bullion bars it shouldn't matter. Any dealer who would make a big deal out of it is BS-ing you to get you to sell at a low price. The only bullion bars that have a meaningful premium are Engelhard, because they went out of business a several years ago, and for some insane reason people pay extra for Engelhard bars.

I buy RMC republic metals. I guess I'll look into getting coins too but I wanted to get a kilo of silver and usually bars are better.

Bars above 1oz are harder to sell. Coins are always in more demand and that's why they have higher premiums.

Buy silver if you're going to hold metal. 90% constitutional and 1 oz rounds. If you want to pay a bit more buy eagles and fucking leafs.

Guys what about nuggets? Would you even bother getting gold nuggets? I saw they aren't consistent with their quality so I'm hesitant.

The market is not liquid. You will pay a huge premium to buy, and you will sell for a small premium.

Just read what numismatic is...wow...so I doubt I can get into that market since I'm not even able to know which coin or figure is worth more. I guess I'll stick to bars and maybe get a bag of coins once I got some extra cash. I'll probably stick to silver for now.

numismatics historically outperform the S&P as long as you are buying coins that cost $100k+